Sunderland 3-0 West Ham Utd (12/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Re: Sunderland v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by The Sherriff »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
I am ony critical of him against Sunderland as he was poor and out of his depth.

Last week against Man United he had a decent game, that's great, but if you think Dan Potts is ready to be playing Premier League football it doesn't say a great deal about you.

Your last point saying that I would rather watch journeymen is really stupid too.

Dan Potts currently isn't good enough to be playing in the Premier League, you don't have to look past Sunderland and is distribution and decision making I that game to see it.

Oh and " by virtue of him being an Academy graduate and he should be allowed to make a mistake " that's arguable.

Of course he is allowed to make mistakes as is every player, problem is in the Prem we will get punished by getting goals scored against us and losing game.

You don't get second chances to make is take in the Prem and if you want that to continue, don't you dare moan when we get relegated will you ?

He can make mistakes of course, but he can't give the ball away as much as he did against Sunderland, with his simple short passing.

But if he does, expect to lose games and get dominated like we did against Sunderland when he plays and again, don't be owing about it as its what you want.
Whats more stupid is not actually reading the statement correctly and then getting a sore one over it. Am sure I actually asked if you'd maybe you'd feel better with a team filled up elder journeymen? .... .

So by virtue of the fact that he played well against the current best team in the country at present but didnt along with 9 x other outfield players in our poorest performance of the season (aside from Swansea) ...... we know already hes not Prem quality.

He misplaced some passes that somehow transfers to us being possibly being relegated. Whats also culpable is losing points is your senior players missing guilt edge chances when your 2-1 down at home, or a forward missing an open goal with his bonce from 3 yards out. Your undroppable captain going missing of a sustained period of time, Or perhaps its the managers tactics that have only returned us 5 goals on our travels, play left footed on the left and right footed players on the right, or his negligence when swapping central midfields for more defensive holding players. Has nothing to do with James 'worth a mistake a game Collins setting up one of Readings only chance on a plate. Nope its none of that, its the fact that a 19year old may or may not misplace some passes that could/might/never result in us conceding a goal, potentially ****ing away a 10 point cushion on the teams below us. If it in fact your right Bob, and the unthinkable happens .... I wont dare to moan.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

The Sherriff wrote:
Whats more stupid is ...........
Good one.
NH Hammer

Post by NH Hammer »

"NH Hammer"]Worst performance of the season....Vaz Te has to go,as useless as they come,and a terrible attitude too.[/quote]

significantly improved the team when he came on. prepared to run with the ball unlike Jarvis 1st half.[/quote]

Respectfully disagree.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Bolton now beating Sunderland on their turf. Pretty much the same eleven players that humiliated us.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Battered us, but can't beat Bolton, and so far the only team letting my accumulator down! Headbanger