West Ham Utd 1-1 Queens Park Rangers (19/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers - Match Thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Irrons wrote:Ok so now stats are no longer relevant because they don't suit your argument and you've resorted to abusive language....sigh.
Clearly female.

No fcukign clue AND a tad dramatic.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

sendô wrote:You've got to laugh at the Rangers fans bemoaning our tactics as long ball when they were defending 10 men behind the ball for most of the match and couldn't get our of their own half.
One Rangers fan indicates we did play football.

Just shows people see what they want to see most of the time.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

We were rubbish from minutes 10-45 playing hoofball.

Second half we played some lovely stuff.

Lovely.

That's right. Lovely.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

bubbles1966 wrote:We were rubbish from minutes 10-45 playing hoofball.

Lovely.

That's right. Lovely.
Up until their goal we played some properly nice pass and go, triangle passing. It was great to watch.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Clearly female.

How does this make him female Bobby? Don't get me wrong I often enjoy reading your stats to prove a point etc but in this case it isn't suiting your argument so your having a unnecessary pop IMO
FordLovingHammer

Post by FordLovingHammer »

Love the following quote from a post on We Are The Rangersboys.com

"Don't underestimate how well we defended there. West Ham are no mugs and for me that is a point gained, we won't come up against any team as physical as that this year (except stoke)!!"

:)
Last edited by FordLovingHammer on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

Re: Nolan, surely the key point is that his goal scoring ability compensates for his lack of technical ability. Whilst he fails to score, it's understandable that people point to the amount of misplaced passes etc and question his place in the team.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Anyone watching the game yesterday can see that confidence drained out of the side as soon as qpr scored and we reverted to hoofball as people didn't seem to want the ball. Given that it's obvious we have a number of confidence players in the side. Probably plays a part in Sam sticking with Nolan. That and the lack of a real strong alternative- i wouldn't be keen to put JC central but even less so when it would mean vaz te starting who I think is similarly lacking in confidence and out of form

By the way - small correction to posts suggesting Nolan would have scored if joe hadn't - not true. Check the replays and half of Brazil's answer to jedward would have cleared
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

the pink palermo wrote:....Other posters were not advocating a rest , it was a seditious attempt to sneak the WHW back in... .
:lol:

Bit like Caravaggio's use of scarlet, a Hitchcock McGuffin or a Thomas Cromwell turn of phrase - putting JC in the hole could get you put in one!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Yea Why Not wrote:
We are a much better side with Noble on the pitch. He'd be a lot harder to replace than Diame imo
Did anyone work out what happened to him last week ?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^ I'm almost sure I read or heard that he had a slight calf injury.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Redknapp's post-match presser, exclusively in full:

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=126678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

bubbles1966 wrote:We were rubbish from minutes 10-45 playing hoofball.

Lovely.

That's right. Lovely.
Just as I see it Bubbs.

My concern is the amount of possession we had in the second half versus decent chances created and what we actually did with it.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
Clearly female.

Thats a shame Bob. What has gender got to do with anything? Usually you make good, well thought out arguments and I enjoy reading your opinions but saying that is a tad pathetic in my opinion...
falcon hairspray
Has liked: 38 likes

Post by falcon hairspray »

So arry Joe Cole had a few things to sort out with liverpool. Oh you mean that contract thingy that always gets in the way. So you were talking to him 3 weeks before West Ham came in for him. So what was that end of November first week of December. No tapping up from you then.
By the way, you mention that you signed Cole at 12. So what matches had you seen him in to warrant you signing him. :arry: Sorry arry didnt quite get that ....
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Oh do **** off, what's stats got to do with it ?

You pulled me cos i showed that as an attacking midfield player, he's scored more goals from open play than x amount of others that are worth considerably more money than him, and jumped on me because i wasn't clear by saying from open play ?

Hardly in depth stats there.

Round of applause for that though, bet you've been waiting to pull me on something for some time, give yourself a pat on the back irrons, mission accomplished.

& you're also one of them who find it difficult actually supporting a player and instead live in the FM dream world and just want players dropped, just like that, give yourself a pat on the back for that too.
I said several months ago (at the time others were wanting Nolan in the England set up) that he wasn't good enough for England and that without his goals he was a below average Prem midfield player. I got universally rubbished then. Nolan has gone on to prove me right. He isn't scoring or creating so it doesn't matter how much running he does Chalks. It's what he produces from the running....

The team is set up to suit Kevin Nolan and BFS's philosophy. One striker, pack midfield and defend well. Nolan is not a second striker and has been sussed by all the opposition coaches. He is now marked at every set piece so is not as effective as he was. He is now a poor imitation of a 2nd striker instead of a midfield runner that arrives unexpectedly in the box.

Like Newcastle a couple of years ago we are outgrowing Kevin Nolan and I expect him to move on to another ambitious Championship team before too long....
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

RyanWHUFC wrote:
How does this make him female Bobby? Don't get me wrong I often enjoy reading your stats to prove a point etc but in this case it isn't suiting your argument so your having a unnecessary pop IMO
I'm sorry, in my world, calling someone a female after they tried to be really smart with me and failed to answer my corrected question doesn't constitute having a pop at someone so lets not blow it out of proportion like he/she did and again ignore my re written point that still hasn't been answered.

I felt in the first place he/she was having a pop at me by digging me out for something that I left out of a post and it seemed to me like he/she had waited for hat to have a pop then did and I thought that was wrong, read back, see for yourself.

And when I corrected myself, I got accused of having a pop at him/her, no chance of answering the corrected point I made about open play goals by Gerrard > Nolan of course, just turn it round by saying I'm abusive or something along those lines, that why I said he/she was female.

Read back, read the tone of my posts to the tone of his/her posts.

Please don't play Mod neither Ryan, if I am out of line I'll get a message for the Mods, I don't need you over dramatising me " having a pop " at someone.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

bob, how's that stat of goals from open play in the last ten games only?
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Clearly female.

RyanWHUFC wrote: How does this make him female Bobby? Don't get me wrong I often enjoy reading your stats to prove a point etc but in this case it isn't suiting your argument so your having a unnecessary pop IMO

No Comment.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I'm sorry, in my world, calling someone a female after they tried to be really smart with me and failed to answer my corrected question doesn't constitute having a pop at someone so lets not blow it out of proportion like he/she did and again ignore my re written point that still hasn't been answered.

I felt in the first place he/she was having a pop at me by digging me out for something that I left out of a post and it seemed to me like he/she had waited for hat to have a pop then did and I thought that was wrong, read back, see for yourself.

And when I corrected myself, I got accused of having a pop at him/her, no chance of answering the corrected point I made about open play goals by Gerrard > Nolan of course, just turn it round by saying I'm abusive or something along those lines, that why I said he/she was female.

Read back, read the tone of my posts to the tone of his/her posts.

Please don't play Mod neither Ryan, if I am out of line I'll get a message for the Mods, I don't need you over dramatising me " having a pop " at someone.
I haven't directed any four letter words in your direction at any time, nor have I questioned your support of the team with sly digs...the same cannot be said of you. Have a read back over, without the orange-tinted glasses and then have a word with yourself! If you do, you'll notice that I already answered your corrected question, which is about scoring from open play no? Besides the fact that Gerrard, Dempsey and Nolan do not compare as I previously said (making the whole thing completely irrelevant anyway):
Irrons wrote:To answer your question, five. Liverpool have only had one penalty this season
This includes one Europa League goal granted, but he has still scored the same amount as Nolan from open play, as has Dempsey as of yesterday, who incidently has had around half the pitch time as Nolan.

If you are trying to make the point that Nolan has scored more goals than Gerrard or Dempsey has from open play then you are wrong. If you are trying to argue that Nolan is in the same league as Gerrard or Dempsey then again I think you are wrong, especially when taking into account assists and current form.

Getting back to the original discussion, which is should Nolan be dropped or rested - I think on current form he should but lets just agree to disagree! As a sidenote, yes I can be pretty negative from time to time but I always want whats best for West Ham. I wouldn't be here typing this if I didn't