West Ham Utd 1-1 Queens Park Rangers (19/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Simply Moore

Re: West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers - Match Thread

Post by Simply Moore »

Just read the write up in the current bun, how they gave QPR a better player average score than us I will never know! We absolutely slaughtered them!
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

am I the only one who doesn't care where our goals come from? As long as we score?

Our strikers both Cole and Chamakh were unlucky yesterday if Cesar played the way he did at the away game we would've struggled to get out of Loftus Road with 3 points.

I think Nolan is irreplaceable as a leader but he is a passenger can't pass.. tries all these **** flicks and back heels that never come off. I'm running out of patience with him if I'm honest.

Midfield should consist of Jarvis, Noble, Diame. RVT/Welly and Cole in the hole behind Cole or Chamakh. Andy Carroll frustrates me too much as well. Just throws himself on the floor and complains about being fouled.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

irving boleyn wrote:

There has been no improvement for several months now.
So much wrong with your post but can I ask what there has been no improvement in for several months?
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Billydinho wrote:I think Noble played well yesterday but shirked his defensive duties somewhat. Whether it was instructed or not I don't know but he needed to pay a lot closer attention to Taarabt. The amount of times he was running at our defence was frightening.
That's because he was just very, very good. We couldn't get the ball off him all game except by kicking him.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

.Those "snapshots" Bobby are impressive.

But in context we not playing any better or getting better results than we were earlier,with a strengthened squad.

The easy answer is Nolans lack of goals..so why hasnt this been addressed?
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

irving boleyn wrote:
But surely bringing in Jarvis and JC is addressing a problem we have had for some time now....creativity

From the time we signed KN I am sure his goalscoring record is better than anybody at the club, he has a lean patch as anybody can and he is being held solely responsible for our change in form.

We have hit a patch,like most teams do in a season (West Brom,Newcastle and now Norwich & Stoke). I've seen West Ham lose games like yesterday too many times to remember.

I still maintain if we had scored first we would have had a comfortable win yesterday, but we didn't and made life difficult for ourselves. We battled and got a point - the minimum we deserved for our efforts.

Well pleased with the effort but as usual disappointed that we can't make the pressure tell.

I go back to the home game v Wolves two seasons ago as a comparison. That was against a team we expected to beat on the night too.
splott

Post by splott »

Postees. I have really enjoyed reading this thread this morning.

Its great that so many different opinions on the same game.

I only watched the SKY high lights last night and was prob not too unhappy with the display.

The goal was a bit of a sucker punch.

Jussi looked suss as usual and I as many others do wonder when Nolan is going to get some sort of form back.

Good sensible and reasonable stuff folks.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

irving boleyn wrote:.Those "snapshots" Bobby are impressive.

But in context we not playing any better or getting better results than we were earlier,with a strengthened squad.

How many games have we had with a strengthened squad?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Simply Moore wrote:Just read the write up in the current bun, how they gave QPR a better player average score than us I will never know! We absolutely slaughtered them!
.......and they gave Nolan a 7!
BenniBlanco

Post by BenniBlanco »

Exactly our first game since November where we can play our strongest team or not have to use what he have got available. For example, upfront we had a choice of Cole or Chamakh, Midfield we had options to leave out Diarra O'Neil and Collison. Only James Collins was the man missing at the back. We have coped well considering.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Hockley Hammer wrote: Speaking to two Chelsea season ticket holders the other week, they both hope that he does well for us, but both said that he is the modern day Glenn Hoddle - has never reached his real potential. I found this strange but despite his medals won at Chelsea, his England career, they both thought that with his ability he should have been THE player of the moment, but frustrated as often as he shined. I remember going with them to see him play a few times and he was not held in the high esteem with their crowd as he is here.
You've gotta love them.

Nearly 200 games in 7 years. 3 League Championships, 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups. He cost them 6m and held down a regular position despite a number of 20+m competitors.

I went there a few times (in their end) and heard the 'He's here he's there' song loads of times.

The modern day Glenn Hoddle. Blimey, drop him for GON quick!

And we're deluded....
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

irving boleyn wrote:.Those "snapshots" Bobby are impressive.

So you're blaming Nolan ?

It's Nolan's fault why we haven't got like for like points in our last 7 games as we did in the games previous, even though we've been decimated by injuries ?

The same Nolan who has scored more goals this season so far than Steven Gerrard, Stephen Pienaar and Clint Dempsey for example ?

Wow !!
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: So you're blaming Nolan ?

It's Nolan's fault why we haven't got like for like points in our last 7 games as we did in the games previous, even though we've been decimated by injuries ?

The same Nolan who has scored more goals this season so far than Steven Gerrard, Stephen Pienaar and Clint Dempsey for example ?

Wow !!
For some-one who consistently points to statistics to prove an argument I'm surprised that you haven't actually checked your 'facts' out:

Nolan's goal and assist statistics so far this season:

5 goals - 2 assists

Last goal/assist date = 11th Nov (3 months ago)

Gerrard's goal and assist statistics so far this season:

6 goals - 11 assists

Last goal/assist date = 19th January (ie. yesterday)....

Please stop posting rubbish masquerading as fact.

Just thought I'd add, Dempsey has had about half the game time as Nolan and his stats are 4 goals 4 assists...not really sure what the point you're trying to make is unless it is that Nolan needs to be dropped...
Last edited by Irrons on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Orangeboom

Irrons wrote:
Please stop posting rubbish masquerading as fact.
Eat **** you Iron.. :D

How many goals has Gerrard scored from open play ?

I apologize for not adding " Open Play " to the very, very valid point i made.

The point i'm trying to make is simple, blaming Nolan for our recent poor form after we've strengthened as Irving is doing, is nonsensical.

Just because a player is going through a dodgy period of form doesn't mean he needs to be dropped or sold or whatever else people are saying.

Support could also be something that is generally overlooked these days by football fans, maybe we could try doing that as an option instead of saying how **** he is and how he is to blame for everything ?

Just a thought.
Last edited by Bobby Orangeboom on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irrons

Post by Irrons »

Nolan unfortunately isn't in the same league as Gerrard, Dempsey or even Pienaar imo. That's why he plays for us! But when he is on his game hes a big threat especially feeding off some-one like Carroll. However, he is in an extremely poor run of form at the moment and deserves to be dropped. His last meaningful contribution as an attacking mid/second striker came in November. That is as good a stat as you need
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: So you're blaming Nolan?

It's easy to blame Nolan bob, it's. sheep thing........

People ignore the fact that he regularly covers mor ground Han any other player an s he's lazy

Sheep, the lot of them
Irrons

Post by Irrons »

chalks wrote:
It's easy to blame Nolan bob, it's. sheep thing........

People ignore the fact that he regularly covers mor ground Han any other player an s he's lazy

Sheep, the lot of them
But his position isn't defensive midfielder!!!!! What exactly has he contributed in an attacking sense since November? (Hint: check the facts posted above)
Bobby Orangeboom

Irrons wrote:Nolan unfortunately isn't in the same league as Gerrard, Dempsey or even Pienaar imo. That's why he plays for us! But when he is on his game hes a big threat especially feeding off some-one like Carroll. However, he is in an extremely poor run of form at the moment and deserves to be dropped. His last meaningful contribution as an attacking mid/second striker came in November. That is as good a stat as you need
Oh do **** off, what's stats got to do with it ?

You pulled me cos i showed that as an attacking midfield player, he's scored more goals from open play than x amount of others that are worth considerably more money than him, and jumped on me because i wasn't clear by saying from open play ?

Hardly in depth stats there.

Round of applause for that though, bet you've been waiting to pull me on something for some time, give yourself a pat on the back irrons, mission accomplished.

& you're also one of them who find it difficult actually supporting a player and instead live in the FM dream world and just want players dropped, just like that, give yourself a pat on the back for that too.
Irrons

Post by Irrons »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
The point i'm trying to make is simple, blaming Nolan for our recent poor form after we've strengthened as Irving is doing, is nonsensical.

Just because a player is going through a dodgy period of form doesn't mean he needs to be dropped or sold or whatever else people are saying.

Support could also be something that is generally overlooked these days by football fans, maybe we could try doing that as an option instead of saying how **** he is and how he is to blame for everything ?

Just a thought.
I'm not blaming it solely on him, but its certainly a factor considering that his bread and butter is scoring goals from midfield. He's never been big on assists - check his statistics in the prem for the last four years - the biggest he has managed is 3 in consecutive seasons. So if he hasn't scored since November then by deductive logic he certainly hasn't helped during our period of dodgy form. Yesterday he was the poorest player on the pitch for us in the final third and he missed a sitter. I've never ever said he should be sold, but on current form yes he should be dropped. If a player is not judged on form how else should you judge him by? Personality? Looks? Should Chelsea therefore play Torres over Ba every game because to not do so would not be supporting your team and/or players?

Still can't see what point you are trying to make here
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
Oh do **** off, what's stats got to do with it ?

You pulled me cos i showed that as an attacking midfield player, he's scored more goals from open play than x amount of others that are worth considerably more money than him, and jumped on me because i wasn't clear by saying from open play ?

Hardly in depth stats there.

Round of applause for that though, bet you've been waiting to pull me on something for some time, give yourself a pat on the back irrons, mission accomplished.

& you're also one of them who find it difficult actually supporting a player and instead live in the FM dream world and just want players dropped, just like that, give yourself a pat on the back for that too.
I see where your coming from here however I would like to see nolan rotated a lot and saved for certain games rather than be a nailed on starter.. I mean Diame against chelsea was dropped/rested to the bench .. and he is one of our best midfielders.. just like Jarvis wasnt getting started straight away when he signed. Id like to see nolan benched for say the arsenal game when we need all our players to be on hot form.

play collison in that role and bring him back next week for the fulham away game