West Ham Utd 1-1 Queens Park Rangers (19/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Re: West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers - Match Thread

Post by Up the Junction »

Mr Thrower's (belated) thoughts:

http://www.kumb.com/report.php?id=101228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
saxbend

Re: West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers - Match Thread

Post by saxbend »

screech wrote:Anyone know what happened with a qpr fan in the central?
There is a picture on twatter showing a bloke with no shoes or socks on??? Someone said he got them nicked off of him :eh:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Short memory? http://www.justgiving.com/saxbend2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for my thoughts on the game, I thought QPR would not have deserved a win had we hung on. 2nd half was all West Ham, and while our defending was worthy of praise, it's not a way to win a game of football. Remy looked knackered from about 75 minutes onwards (he's not played much this season I'm told) and so we didn't really have an outlet in him towards the end of the game (and everyone else useful going forwards had been taken off by then). Why we took Mackie off I don't know, and why we brought another attacker on for him when he had been making a significant contribution at the back is just as puzzling. It's no coincidence that we conceded shortly after that particular change.

First half on the other hand I thought we were good value. On the whole, fair result.

See you on the 17th if you're around to support Jonjo.