Arsenal 5-1 West Ham Utd (23/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Arsenal v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by jaybs »

Yes we were holding our own in the first half, but at the same time you have to admit they were ripping us apart! a few players had knocks so he put them on the bench its not as if he was saving them for this weekend? his tactics still baffle me at times, the players we have don't seem to be able at times to pass or hold the ball once we hit the opposition half?

Twitter is so funny, watching the game if you tweet anything about Sam or Nolan the abuse comes back from the few, unbelievable that they can't accept we all have different opinions. Fulham now is another important game which we need a point from at least. Just wish many of our players had the same Heart as Winston Reid.
buckshammers

Post by buckshammers »

More concerning was a minority of our own fans lumping the sh*t out of each other 15/20 minutes before the end in Block 22. We're all West Ham at the end of the day aren't we? Left a sour taste in my mouth to see our own fans fighting over a disagreement over Carlton Cole and our performance. I know frustration can get the better of everyone, but it shouldn't spill over into violence. Ugly scenes - I hope those small group of morons don't show up again next week at Fulham or any away game for the rest of the season for that matter. :crest:
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Emotions running high I see. For what it's worth I took FVE Junior and his friend from school last night and we had a riot, yes we lost but that's football. All those people on hear moaning you should be in my sons shoes this morning, having to go to school and get the piss ripped out of him all day and probably for the rest of the week but he will do what he has been taught to do and just shrug it off. Same as last night when we was in Highbury and Islington Tescos and some numpty Goon started given it large bcause FVEJ had a scarf on , my son just turned round and said can't buy an atmosphere which was quite restrained , says it all really
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

fmgod wrote:Joey was very good, saved us so many times
Demel kept bombing forward and then was slow to get back
Nolan was useless
Collison at least puts lots of effort in and got a goal
Vaz Te isn't good enough for this level, either end of the pitch, he is a Championship player
Poldolski even first half was ruining Demel, he was dragging him into the midfield then spinning him and create space down the right for others
Our Free kicks need to be better, right before half time big chance to steal a goal and it was crap, against this big teams our set pieces need to be spot on.
We needed more pace, power and strength in the middle ala Diame, to chase and nip at the Arsenal players heels and not let them settle.
Carlton Cole to be fair to him, gave it a good old go up top, against four defenders, no one really with him
It made no difference but the foul the ref gave in the first half was a joke, I think it was taylor down the left got fouled on the byline in our half but managed to play it forward, Cole got the ball and was basically through but on the wing and the ref gave the foul, not the advantage, was an absolute mental choice as Cole was in a great position.
As much as we capitulated, Arsenal stepped up and Giroux and Poldolski showed why they are German and French internationals
agree with all this. No need to panic. Arsenal just turned it on for 10 minutes and we didn't have an answer.

We couldn't compete after that, especially after Danny went off like that. Both teams seemed to just play out the time.

We'll be back with another 3 points soon and everyone who is moaning on here will suddenly be well pleased with everything.

We're 8 points clear of relegation. I'm more than happy with that thanks Sam!
Shrink

Post by Shrink »

buckshammers wrote:More concerning was a minority of our own fans lumping the sh*t out of each other 15/20 minutes before the end in Block 22. We're all West Ham at the end of the day aren't we? Left a sour taste in my mouth to see our own fans fighting over a disagreement over Carlton Cole and our performance. I know frustration can get the better of everyone, but it shouldn't spill over into violence. Ugly scenes - I hope those small group of morons don't show up again next week at Fulham or any away game for the rest of the season for that matter.
Even more pathetic throwing a punch when the Old Bill are right on top of you!

One thing I do like is that all fans club together in telling the idiots to do one!

:crest: UNITED
Shrink

Post by Shrink »

Actually what I thought was concerning was having one of our boys being chucked out for racism.

1 Arsenal with headphones on (WHY?) giving it the bigun all game grasses to the Steward and our boy is out no questions asked. Most bizarre. Two stewards after admitted that they didn't hear anything.
buckshammers

Post by buckshammers »

Even more pathetic throwing a punch when the Old Bill are right on top of you!

One thing I do like is that all fans club together in telling the idiots to do one!

:crest: UNITED[/quote]

Well said mate. My pal got lumped by 4 idiots who kept throwing punches even with the Old Bill on top of them. Typical 17/18 year old wannabes who idolise Green Street. No room for them at this club!

One love - WHUFC
buckshammers

Post by buckshammers »

Shrink wrote:Actually what I thought was concerning was having one of our boys being chucked out for racism.

1 Arsenal with headphones on (WHY?) giving it the bigun all game grasses to the Steward and our boy is out no questions asked. Most bizarre. Two stewards after admitted that they didn't hear anything.
Headphones on? Sums him up really doesn't it!
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Shrink wrote:Actually what I thought was concerning was having one of our boys being chucked out for racism.
Nearly as bad as one of 'ours' spitting a massive flob over to the home fans from 6 ft away. Stewards saw it and did nothing. Worse than anything racist in my book.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

stuboy wrote: Nearly as bad as one of 'ours' spitting a massive flob over to the home fans from 6 ft away. Stewards saw it and did nothing. Worse than anything racist in my book.
Shocking. Could you imagine that being the other way round? i would go ****ing mental!! Why the need to spit at someone!?!

I remember when we lost there once and some bloke in our end tried climbing the police barrier to fight 60,000 Arsenal fans :lol: Its funny what people do when tempers flair at football.
_fortunes_

Post by _fortunes_ »

Whilst I'm not overly fussed by the loss given Arsenals strengths it pains me to think that the tactics deployed by Allardyce negate the idea and/or concept that we too can come out in any given half, in any game or at any point in any game and give it 15 minutes of absolute brilliance.

We have done just that a couple of times this season, and it wasn't a reactive response, why can't we have a go like that in every game? Momentum is everything.

Just an observation too regarding the departure of Wally and Diarra's rant about non communicative Managers coinciding with the current form slump. Perhaps Wally was that conduit who communicated and had good rapport with the lads. :crest: forever
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

this roller coaster of a season has sure got me in a bad mood this morning
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

buckshammers wrote:
Well said mate. My pal got lumped by 4 idiots who kept throwing punches even with the Old Bill on top of them. Typical 17/18 year old wannabes who idolise Green Street. No room for them at this club!

One love - WHUFC
We didn't notice it at first as it was happening behind us. I'd just heard some 'fans' singing 'Carlton Cole- you're a c**t' and a few seconds later a lad came flying down the stairs- I don't know if that was your mate. What I do know is that once the stewards arrived and got between everyone the lad who then threw a punch was a cowardly little pr*ck. If people knew what had started it then others would have got involved.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Sad to hear about the issues in our support about a disagreement over Cole - When will people realise its not his fault he has to do everything up front on his own.

I didn't go yesterday but the one thing that got to me was the stats thing they did on the foreign channel tring at half time. It was comparing players and Nolan came up and had a zero for everything including interceptions, tackles etc - the only thing he had a number for was 9 passes. I really do not see how a player which is seriously under performing is not being dropped.
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

nickkarkie wrote:I fail to see what arsenal did that was so difficult for us to deal with in the 2nd half.
Attack directly with pace, always ****'s us up
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Did not see these fan problems! as I said earlier it was bad enough on twitter, I was just going to post that neither Sam or the players can blame the Fans for the bad form, our support is second to none! please don't let a few spoil that!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Faubert's Boot wrote:
Attack directly with pace, always ****'s us up
This is why Swansea ripped us apart earlier in the season,and T*ttingham too.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Reading through this thread has been comedy gold.

That Arsenal made a sub before us in the 2nd half was disappointing and surprising by the manager.

Nolan is clearly struggling and Vaz Te is well out of his depth.

Never a game I expected us to get something out of so not that disappointed.

They've been quality against us home and away this season.

We're picking up alot of non-impact injuries this season ... not good.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

The Sherriff wrote:Nolan is clearly struggling and Vaz Te is well out of his depth.
This is a big point though, most that I were watching with agreed with this. I do feel these two should both of gone off at half time - we will never know what difference it would of made however we can see what the outcome was leaving them on.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

The Gibbins wrote:First half we stuck in, with a few scary moments and competed well. Second half was a lapse in concentration for their second, it was really poor defending and then the floodgates opened. I think most teams would have struggled with that frightening 10 minutes, it was quite frankly world class.

Hopefully it does not have an effect on team morale, but we will need a performance at Fulham next week.
Exactly how I saw it. I can't believe anybody was unhappy with the first half performance (maybe the odd individual performance).

To me it was just keep it tight for ten minutes, frustrate the natives and then use our strong bench to have a right go. It was working just fine as far as I was concerned.

Your description in the first paragraph is perfect, Arsenal are great when they get momentum.