Arsenal 5-1 West Ham Utd (23/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: Arsenal v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by -DL- »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:A mate of mine is a Chelski fan, & he says the same as me. " It was more fun when we had terracing & the team was a bit s**t. It is right about what you said about a lot of gooners. We dont have a god given right to win everything, & win 5-0 every week. If that was the case, how boring would football be?
I know personally of 3 decent Arsenal Fans, two of them are season ticket holders over there. In their 40's and not up their own arse, and you can have a right good chat about football with them, the other without much of an interest in the game and only looks out for their results as his Dad and Grandad where Arsenal. Again, oldish bloke hitting 60.

Unfortunately, all the other Arsenal fans I know personally (I don't know you so you don't count) have been just as insufferable as your neighbours from down the road.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

sendô wrote: The mugs expect to win every game, and when they don't it's the end of the world. Wenger needs to be sacked, everyone is against them, they need to blow their budget buying all the world's best players, they'll probably end up getting relegated etc. Then they win next week and they're talking about winning the champions league.

They put Spurs fans to shame.
The thinking Spurs fans I know (there are some) are not blowing their trumpet this year after what happened last year.

The Arsenal fans however are 'expecting' that they will overtake Spurs and claim their rightful place in the Champions League next season. I'm sorry but I really want Spurs to do it this year and then watch the reaction of the 'faithful' at the Emirates.

Going back to the game the other night, I still maintain the plan was to try to stay in the game and then bring on better attacking options for the last half hour, it was not a stupid plan and it was working at half time. I can't believe anybody was dissatisfied with where we stood at half time, christ we hadn't scored there for four games.

A few years ago we were 2-0 down after 8 minutes and it was game over. The sun labelled Arsenal flat track bullies yesterday and after seeing the difference in their performances this season against the big boys it is a very apt label.
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

The away plan only works for a short period of time,and has done all season
Leaving wide open spaces down the flanks,for sprinters to run into,is madness,sure we did well
for 45 mins,but our fullbacks were murdered countless times,and no quality coach will ignore gifts
All Wenger and Bouldy did,was ask for better quality,which duly arrived !!!!
We duly collapsed
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

We sat in the upper tier, talked to the knowledgable and friendly Arse*al fans round us and they knew we were West Ham.They didn't try to get us chucked out when we scored and didn't rub it in when they did.
Which brings me to the point of whilst good for a night would we want that every week. Our upper tier at the OS will be exactly like that, empty seats ,a few tourists,a splattering of away fans from the bigger clubs and some die hard supporters with thier passions diluted by those that sit round them.
It bothers me.