Fulham 3-1 West Ham Utd (30/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BenniBlanco

Re: Fulham v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by BenniBlanco »

Jussi
Demel - Diarra - Reid - O'Brien

Noble - Diame

Cole Nolan Jarvis

Chamakh
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Jussi
Demel Reid Tomka O'brien
Noble Diame Diarra
Jarvis Cole
Chamakh
Nolan4

Post by Nolan4 »

Diarra was awful at Sunderland but he's played very well in both games against Manchester United. Would be surprised if he doesn't play in the starting line-up
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Those that are saying they are disappointed in Jarvis - I don't think you could have watched the QPR game. He put in countless good delivery from the left both on his left and right foot. No one attacked them well enough. Cole did once (we scored) and Chamakh did once (should have scored).

His delivery is scarily consistent. We don't use him well enough or capitalise on his strengths. Was pathetic how many times the ball was put in dangerous areas only for it to come to nothing.

Jarvis has to start, and we have to use him.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:Those that are saying they are disappointed in Jarvis - I don't think you could have watched the QPR game. He put in countless good delivery from the left both on his left and right foot. No one attacked them well enough. Cole did once (we scored) and Chamakh did once (should have scored).

His delivery is scarily consistent. We don't use him well enough or capitalise on his strengths. Was pathetic how many times the ball was put in dangerous areas only for it to come to nothing.

agreed. I suspect we will go back to basics, especially if AC returns soon. Feed Jarvis, get into the box.
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

Hope its not windy down on the Thames next weds,otherwise it might be Pre match
catch the syrup,
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

wizzo_66 wrote:Those that are saying they are disappointed in Jarvis - I don't think you could have watched the QPR game. He put in countless good delivery from the left both on his left and right foot. No one attacked them well enough. Cole did once (we scored) and Chamakh did once (should have scored).

With you all the way there. Many pick holes in his game due to the price tag rather than the performance
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

wizzo_66 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 pm

This is it, I reckon Jarvis doesnt have many asissts cos people cant finish them, the balls in are consistently good, wish he had the beating of the fullback a bit more tho but Vaz or Joey on the other wing are likely to finish back post if Carlton cant finish
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

We're their bogey team. We've got to win or at least draw this one.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Jussi
Spence, Diarra, Reid, O'Brien
Diame, Collison, Noble
J.Cole, Chamack, Jarvis

Controversial to chuck Spence in as I usually really like Demel but thought he was woeful against Arsenal and lazy with his tracking so why not give Spence another chance. Nolan has needed dropping for about 10 or so games in my view and he doesn't seem to be picking it up...maybe he can't perform without Carroll, and I think Collison provides movement and always a passing option. Diarra really steadied the ship when he came on against the gooners so I think he deserves a chance as I still don't trust Tomkins at the back I'm afraid.
I would love to see Joey and Jarvis whipping some delicious crosses into Chamack from the wings...both can take a man on as well. One of the things I'd like to see Jarvis doing is starting a bit deeper as it's a position from which he can completely leave a man for dead with his turn of pace.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Got a bet on with a Fulham mate of mine whose an ST holder that we will finish above them this season. I cannot stress the importance of this game for that reason. Must win.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Nesticles wrote:Got a bet on with a Fulham mate of mine whose an ST holder that we will finish above them this season. I cannot stress the importance of this game for that reason. Must win.
I've got the same thing with a Norwich fan. I was pretty confident ten games ago!
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

ryanrc wrote:I've got the same thing with a Norwich fan. I was pretty confident ten games ago!
Will go down to the wire no doubt.

Regarding team line up, personally I would like to see and don't think is unreasonable:

-----------------------Jussi

Spence----Tomkins----Reid-----Taylor

--------------- Noble ----- Diame -----------

J Cole -------------- Nolan-----------Jarvis

---------------------C.Cole------------------------

With options such as JOB, Demel, Chamakh, Vaz Te, Collison, and possibly even Carroll on the bench we could be looking in good shape for this fixture. I like Taylor at LB, and we can't keep Spence out the team for the rest of the season need to rotate him and keep him involved as we know Demel's injury history.

Was tempted to pick Collison over Nolan in my suggested line up, but I'm confident that when Nolan hits a bit of form and finds the net again that our form will improve too.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

--------------------- The Flying Finn ---------------------
Spence -------- Reid -------- Diarra -------- O'Brien
----------------- Diame ----------- Noble -----------------
J Cole ----------------- Nolan ------------------ Jarvis
----------------- Chamakh OR Carroll -----------------
carugohammers

Post by carugohammers »

If we go with C Cole we can also win
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

AMC1964 wrote:anyone who ordered tickets from Fulham in the neutral area received them yet???
Just to pi$$ anyone off who's bought their's already - 2 for the price of 1 in the neutral Putney Stand:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -1-1555698
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/mirror/Exclusi ... 539-Fulham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A score each....
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

AMC1964 wrote:anyone who ordered tickets from Fulham in the neutral area received them yet???
Got them within 2 days mate...give them a bell and sort some reprints
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Nesticles wrote:Got a bet on with a Fulham mate of mine whose an ST holder that we will finish above them this season. I cannot stress the importance of this game for that reason. Must win.
Ive got this same bet with a guy at work! must win game.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

His work rate and attitude are spot on also :thup: