Fulham 3-1 West Ham Utd (30/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BPRIGGSC

Re: Fulham v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by BPRIGGSC »

Was in the away, well netural end, last night. Must have been 5,000 Hammers in the stand, which was class. Shame the game was only enjoyable for 1 out of 90 minutes. Poor performance all round for me, we need an experienced centre half and If a loan offer from a Championship club came in for Tomkins, i'd be tempted to accept. He needs to regain some form and confidence, fast, because last night he was pony.
Billy_Boy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Billy_Boy »

From what I saw on MOTD, Tomkins's defending for their first two goals was a source of real concern. I know he is still relatively young and may well improve but I do have my doubts as to whether or not he is a PL quality centre back at this moment in time.
poshhammer

Post by poshhammer »

What a thoroughly depressing evening last night. Thankfully I had 6 pints in the Eight Bells before the game, which gave me some enjoyment. When I read what Neil Macdonald said today, I wondered if I had been at a different game. The comments about Tomkins are right. Sadly, he is not up to the Premier League. He has not stepped up this season after a good season in the Championship, in contrast to Winston Reid. Jussi is a good number 2 goalie but no longer up to being a regular Premier League keeper. He relies totally on stopping shots from his goal line and has absolutely no domination of the penalty area. Hopefully, we will sign Paul Robinson today.

I rate Jarvis as a player but we are not getting the best out of him playing just one up front. I won't bother saying that Sam should play with two strikers because we all know he won't.

We are in deep trouble if we don't start winning soon. I reckon QPR and Villa have had it - QPR draw too many games and Villa are in freefall, but Reading are winning games and, of course, their last game is at UP.

Just found out I've got a ticket for the Stoke game................not looking forward to that now!!
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

West Ham is the epitome of life, a series of bitter disapointments interupted by brief moments of hope.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Muddy wrote:West Ham is the epitome of life, a series of bitter disapointments interupted by brief moments of hope.
you alright bud? :lol:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Yep, but when you're having a fag in the cold in the dark after a shitty day it turns you into a bit of a philosopher...sorry i meant miserable b*stard :lol:
arlhe
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 176 likes

Post by arlhe »

Couldn't even get in the Eight Bells before the game; although the Temperance wasn't bad.

Absolutely shocking performance but I've seen loads before and no doubt there are plenty more to come. Just crap. I said I'd settle for 17th at the start of the season and that's about where we'll finish.
SoulCircus
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Saw this on the Swansea match preview on the OS:

Statistical analysis

Head of Performance Analysis David Woodfine said statistics suggested West Ham United were hugely unfortunate to lose at Fulham on Wednesday evening.The Hammers out-passed the Cottagers by 374 to 285. Of those, 152 passes went forward to Fulham's 103, while the visitors crossed the ball 27 times to eleven and won eight corners to Fulham's two.Physically, West Ham also out-performed their hosts, running more than 1,200 metres more than Fulham in total. The Hammers' players also ran more than 2km more than their opponents at high intensity.

"From these statistics, we can see that the team are producing a lot of the key ingredients required for winning football matches," said Woodfine."We passed the ball far more often and in more dangerous areas than Fulham, crossed the ball more than twice as many times as our hosts and ran further and at a higher intensity than the Cottagers, but did not reap the rewards of our work."We have reached a consistently high level in our home matches this season and, if we can replicate this level of performance, we will be able to turn it into points."

Interesting...