Fulham 3-1 West Ham Utd (30/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Fulham v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Really looking forward to this one, got the day off so will be drinking at hammersmith early doors.

We always tend to do well against this lot so three points should be what we are aiming for here definitely. None of this respect the point, go out get at them, and most importantly get some goals.

-----------------Jussi
Demel--Tomkins--Reid--O'brien
-----------Diame--Noble
----------------Nolan
J.Cole------Chamakh------Jarvis
poshhammer

Post by poshhammer »

I've got the day off too. Which pub is best for a pre-match Hammers fans meet?
sutts07
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 538 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Lost just once there in 8 Prem games... Only failed to score once too... And aside from the lost we have only conceded three Prem goals to them at Craven Cottage...

Won 3-1
Lost 3-2
Won 2-1
Won 1-0
Drew 0-0
Won 2-1
Won 1-0
Won 1-0

Ordinarily I would say we will lose this, our away form is poor and they are quite strong at home but taking into account the above, I actually can't see us getting beat.

1-1 or 1-2 for me!

Sam will play 451 and he will not drop Nolan.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 108 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

I take it those that have Chamakh up front on his todd didn't see the rangers game last week?
denzel

Post by denzel »

The Sherriff wrote:I take it those that have Chamakh up front on his todd didn't see the rangers game last week?
You mean that game where he actually played very well?
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

The Sherriff wrote:I take it those that have Chamakh up front on his todd didn't see the rangers game last week?
He played really well and could have scored a couple if not for superb saves from Cesar. That was his first game for us and hasn't started in this league for about 2 years. The guy needs some confidence after sitting on the sidelines at Arsenal. But hey, lets not give the bloke a chance eh?
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

It's my first visit to the cottage so looking foirward to to this one, I'm going to be optimistic and go for a 2-1 win just like QPR away with us holding on at the end.

And as it's my first visit there what boozer are we drinking at?

Away grounds site:
http://www.awaygrounds.com/fulham-craven-cottage/

It reccomends the Zulu Bar, the Five Bells and the Larrik but you never know when to trust these sites.
arlhe
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 176 likes

Post by arlhe »

Probably get there about 6.00 and head for whatever pub gets the highest vote here.

With our current away form I can't get too excited about the prospect of a goal, let alone a result :(
issi

Post by issi »

The Sherriff wrote:
I take it those that have Chamakh up front on his todd didn't see the rangers game last week?

Or maybe they did and thought he did rather well considering his situation. As did I and many many others attending that match.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

If you like real ale, pop into The Bricklayers in Putney beforehand.

http://www.bricklayers-arms.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff »

denzel wrote:
You mean that game where he actually played very well?
No he didn't .... Must have been watching a different game ?

Do u think against Hangeland he'll be any better with the ball launched up 60ft in the air?
Last edited by The Sherriff on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Looks can be deceiving when we don't really know what upheaval this transfer window has caused; if important players are unsettled, I'm sure the vibe would permeate through the squad.

The difference between the QPR and Arsenal performances were worlds, yet only 4 days apart. What the f*** went on with the squad during that time?

Unfortunately for us, this game is taking place right at the point when the transfer window is reaching it's freaky peak.

We really need to be avoiding defeat and go for de throat instead, but I wonder just how much distraction is going to affect us. A thoroughly professional performance is what we need....and so...with some cautious optimism, I see us winning this 1-2 :crest:
The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff »

the wren wrote:
He played really well and could have scored a couple if not for superb saves from Cesar. That was his first game for us and hasn't started in this league for about 2 years. The guy needs some confidence after sitting on the sidelines at Arsenal. But hey, lets not give the bloke a chance eh?
Really well? do me a favour ....

2 powder puff headers that he should have scored with.

He shouldnt be art west ham to gain confidence either.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Really hate to break it to you, fellas but I'm going to the game and I've never seen us win/draw away [Wembley doesn't count] so on that bases we will play **** and lose.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Gerblatz wrote:Looks can be deceiving when we don't really know what upheaval this transfer window has caused; if important players are unsettled, I'm sure the vibe would permeate through the squad.

The difference between the QPR and Arsenal performances were worlds, yet only 4 days apart. What the **** went on with the squad during that time?

Unfortunately for us, this game is taking place right at the point when the transfer window is reaching it's freaky peak.

We really need to be avoiding defeat and go for de throat instead, but I wonder just how much distraction is going to affect us. A thoroughly professional performance is what we need....and so...with some cautious optimism, I see us winning this 1-2 :crest:
Arsenal being a bit good, probably.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Rocketron wrote:Arsenal being a bit good, probably.
You would be spot on...if it had been Arsenal's performance I was referring to...bizarrely, it was ours and more over, to a tale of two second halves; irrespective of the opponents, but more appropriate to the attitude of our team.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 933 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

I was at rangers and he was outstanding. held up play well. linked others into the game.. came close with 2 headers.. he is going to be a good player for us

he even won a few tackles

i was surprised when he was taken off but cole created the goal so fair play
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

I did. He was good. Much more mobile than Carlton, otherwise quite similar.
tjr008
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tjr008 »

If I were picking the team...

Jussi/ Demel/ Tomkins/ Reid/ O'Brien/ Diame/ Noble/ Collison/ Jarvis/ Joe Cole/ Chamakh.

Cole available to replace Chamakh for the final 20 if necessary, resting Nolan and putting Collison in the position I have wanted to see him in for about 4 years.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

I did. He was good. Much more mobile than Carlton, otherwise quite similar.[/quote]

I'm more mobile than Carlton and I'm 48.