Fulham 3-1 West Ham Utd (30/01/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sammer

Re: Fulham v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by sammer »

The Sherriff wrote: Really well? do me a favour ....

2 powder puff headers that he should have scored with.

He shouldnt be art west ham to gain confidence either.
You mean like the powder puff header Cole missed aswell!? Thank god Joey Cole was there to show Carlton how its done and tap it in. It just reminds me of the critism Collins has been recieving. He's had a very solid season, made 3 silly mistakes and recieves dogs abuse for it! Has anyone been watching the future of West Ham James Tomkins recently!? Since he has been in the team he was at fault for Norwich's goal, at fault for Van Persie's goal, at fault for Rooney's goal in the replay, should've done better for Sunderland's 3rd, had a nervy tense game against QPR, and apart from Podolski's goal was pretty much at fault for nearly all of Arsenal's goals! I make that more mistakes in a few games then what Collins has made throughout the entire season! But because we developed Tomkins he is untouchable. To think everyone was saying Reid and Tomkins are our future partnership. I'm dreading the future if that is the case! Tomkins was absolutely superb last season and was for me the HOTY, but imo is just not up to this level. He doesn't have any pace. I know Collins doesn't aswell but the difference is he makes up for that by putting blocks in or throwing himself in front of the ball.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Sammer, do you think you can keep your tedious Cole bashing to one thread?
Kent-Hammer15

Post by Kent-Hammer15 »

I think it's harsh to criticise Chamakh vs Rangers, It was his first start in a while and he certainly looked better with the ball with his feet than Cole. There are obviously Pro's and Con's to both players game play. Lets give Chamakh a chance before we get on his back? I would like to see this team with Chamakh coming on for Cole at 60 minutes when/if he gets worn out...

Jussi
Demel Tomkins Reid O'Brien
Noble Diame
J.Cole Nolan Jarvis
C.Cole

Subs: Spiegel, Diarra, Spence, Collison, Taylor, Vaz Te, Chamakh
jenkins89
Has liked: 1 like

Post by jenkins89 »

I won't get drawn in to a lengthy debate about the quality of the players in our squad. I'd like to see for this one:

Jussi
Demel - Reid - Diarra - O'Brian
Diame - Noble
Collison
J. Cole Jarvis
C. Cole

Hoepfully this should see us through the game and would like to think we'd pick up all three too.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Matt of iron wrote:Sammer, do you think you can keep your tedious Cole bashing to one thread?
Someone has obviously taken the "p" from his username. :lol:
sammer

Post by sammer »

Matt of iron wrote:Sammer, do you think you can keep your tedious Cole bashing to one thread?
I'm only sticking up for Chamakh who is wrongfully on the end of abuse after missing just 2 headers on his debut whilst Cole carries on missing sitters for fun and escapes criticism. It really does baffle me the amont of people that stick up for Cole but don't really have any evidence to back him up! If Chamakh is going to be abused after just ONE game then I want to see Cole get the same treatment! Even Jarvis gets abused and I personally think his crosses have been fantastic. Its not his fault if Cole is hiding outside the box, bottling the headers or missing tap ins on the goal line. I understand he's not an out and out goalscorer but you'd expect him to at least get 10 goals in 1 season. Can you honestly see him doing that this season? I can't wait to see him leave for 2 reasons. 1) so the club can progress and not be in a relegation battle and 2) to watch him get found out when he joins his next club.

The reason we are in a relegation battle is down to 3 players. Cole for being in the starting line up, Nolan for being completely out of form and Tomkins for sadly being miles out of his depth in this League! Keep Tomkins and Cole in particular in the side and we WILL be fighting for our lives! Stick them on the bench and we should be ok. Simple as that.

The team I'd go for against Fulham is:

-------------------------------------------------------Jaaskelainen----------------------------------------------------------------

------O'Brien--------------Diarra/Collins--------------------------Reid-------------------------------New Left Back-----

--------------------------------------Noble(c)-----------------------Diame------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------Collison----------------------------------------------------------

------Jarvis----------------------------------------Chamakh------------------------------------J.Cole---------------------

Subs: Henderson, Tomkins, Demel, Vaz Te, Cole, Carroll, Nolan.
Last edited by sammer on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenkins89

Post by jenkins89 »

sammer wrote: I'm only sticking up for Chamakh who is wrongfully on the end of abuse after missing just 2 headers on his debut whilst Cole carries on missing sitters for fun and escapes criticism. It really does baffle me the amont of people that stick up for Cole but don't really have any evidence to back him up!
I think you need to see someone with a couch to address your unresolved Carlton Cole issues - it's all getting a bit :asleep:

Image .....or rather, don't.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

None of our strikers will score more than 10 goals this season.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

So no then Sammer. :lol:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1635 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Didn't get the Casablanca reference :)

We need to destroy this team that is low in confidence.

Losing to them will put us in the relegation mire.

Things will get worse from there.
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 834 likes

Post by mushy »

^^^ I didnt at first but think its the 'play it again sam' reference. As in Sammer keep telling us how **** Carlton is and that with him in the team we will get relegated blah blah blah..
TheHammeredDog

Post by TheHammeredDog »

The way I see it, this season our peformances have always been good, then bad, then good, then bad. We were great at OT, then shocking at Sunderland, Unlucky vs QPR, then amazingly awful at the Emirates, so we're due a good performance on Wednesday. Add that to how we're Fulham's bogey team, and easily 2-1 or 3-1 for me. Then again, knowing us we'll end up losing 3-0! :crest:
ric92

Post by ric92 »

sammer wrote:
I'm only sticking up for Chamakh who is wrongfully on the end of abuse after missing just 2 headers on his debut whilst Cole carries on missing sitters for fun and escapes criticism. It really does baffle me the amont of people that stick up for Cole but don't really have any evidence to back him up! If Chamakh is going to be abused after just ONE game then I want to see Cole get the same treatment! Even Jarvis gets abused and I personally think his crosses have been fantastic. Its not his fault if Cole is hiding outside the box, bottling the headers or missing tap ins on the goal line. I understand he's not an out and out goalscorer but you'd expect him to at least get 10 goals in 1 season. Can you honestly see him doing that this season? I can't wait to see him leave for 2 reasons. 1) so the club can progress and not be in a relegation battle and 2) to watch him get found out when he joins his next club.

The reason we are in a relegation battle is down to 3 players. Cole for being in the starting line up, Nolan for being completely out of form and Tomkins for sadly being miles out of his depth in this League! Keep Tomkins and Cole in particular in the side and we WILL be fighting for our lives! Stick them on the bench and we should be ok. Simple as that.

The team I'd go for against Fulham is:

-------------------------------------------------------Jaaskelainen----------------------------------------------------------------

------O'Brien--------------Diarra/Collins--------------------------Reid-------------------------------New Left Back-----

--------------------------------------Noble(c)-----------------------Diame------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------Collison----------------------------------------------------------

------Jarvis----------------------------------------Chamakh------------------------------------J.Cole---------------------

Subs: Henderson, Tomkins, Demel, Vaz Te, Cole, Carroll, Nolan.
:thdn:
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

without the protection Diane provides our defence they were woefully exposed against arsenal imho the only one with any credit, who at least put in a shift was JOB. I would rest Demel and tomka, bring in Spence at RB and Diarra at CB as at the moment he does not look fit enough for CM and did well after coming on on Wed. RVT looked lazy and disinterested and capt marvel must have been disguised as a corner flag, still we have the personnel to put things right, we have a great record at CC so all to play for on Wed there's still a long way to go with many twists and turns, hers to 7 pts in three games COYI
Eric

Pubs for Fulham

Post by Eric »

The Eight Bells, Putney Bridge.

Just a short walk across the park to the ground.

Owner/manager is a hammer !!!!

Best pub for the Fulham game/
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

thejackhammer wrote:None of our strikers will score more than 10 goals this season.
I don't think all our strikers put together will get 10 goals between the lot of them
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

After watching Fulham last night,they clearly have issues,you can see collectively they dont believe
in Jols ideas
If we don,t seize this oppotunity by being positive,"GOD HELP US",a great support will travel over to
West London on Weds,so i do not want to see BFS pathetic negative away tactics,that have failed
dismally all season,swamp the midfield with our "A" TEAM,no passengers,and try and find folks who
will get forward to support our forward(s) ?

Jussi
Demel Collins/Diawra Reid JOB
Jarvis Collinson Nobes Diame
Joe Cole
CC or Chamakh
Subs
Nolan..Tomkins..Spriegel..Taylor..Vaz Te..2 x Defenders
jenkins89

Post by jenkins89 »

mushy wrote:^^^ I didnt at first but think its the 'play it again sam' reference. As in Sammer keep telling us how **** Carlton is and that with him in the team we will get relegated blah blah blah..
:thup:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Got a ticket from fulham's site. When i bought the ticket fulhams site said it was an e ticket, but the confirmation email said it's going to be posted. What's going on, have i got a paper or an e ticket?
rudeboydubs

Post by rudeboydubs »

JBs Caravan wrote:After watching Fulham last night,they clearly have issues,you can see collectively they dont believe
in Jols ideas
If we don,t seize this oppotunity by being positive,"GOD HELP US",a great support will travel over to
West London on Weds,so i do not want to see BFS pathetic negative away tactics,that have failed
dismally all season,swamp the midfield with our "A" TEAM,no passengers,and try and find folks who
will get forward to support our forward(s) ?

Jussi
Demel Collins/Diawra Reid JOB
Jarvis Collinson Nobes Diame
Joe Cole
CC or Chamakh
Subs
Nolan..Tomkins..Spriegel..Taylor..Vaz Te..2 x Defenders
i dont know these players Diawra, Collinson or Spreigel lol but i do agree with the team would love carroll back for this one though