West Ham Utd 4-2 Reading (19/05/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Re: West Ham v That small club in Berkshire match thread.

Post by Georgee Paris »

I hate the last game of the season. Every year you get some nitwit straight after the game saying X is leaving because he walked off the pitch looking moody or Y is leaving because they were really looking thankful and applauding all the fans as they waved good bye. My bets are it will be about Tomkins and Diame.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

I can't see us not taking this game seriously. There'll be a few of ours seeking revenge, and looking forward to completing their misery, as well as the carrot of a top half finish. 2-0

Shame in a way we can only make 3 subs
In an ideal world, I'd start with the best 11, the players that have made this season, gain control of the game, then make a load of Sven like substitutions, making sure those who aren't picked in the first 11 but who have contributed get a chance to run out in front of the crowd, and give the likes of Potts, Spence, Moncs a taste as well

But I suppose we have to take these Berkshire mugs seriously, so pick the standard starting 11, and take them apart:-
--------------Jussi
Demel, Collins, Reid, JOB
---------Noble, Diame
Vaz Te----Nolan----Jarvis
-------------Carroll

Would like to see J. Cole & Collison get on at some point.
In the latter's case, we should make sure he gets on, even if it's for the last 15 seconds, just so he can pull his socks up...
If I were Jack, I'd be practising some sort of trick keepy-up routine that involves keeping the ball in the air whilst constantly adjusting his socks, in between making w!nker signs and giving the odd wave goodbye....
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

oh so much doom and gloom. End of a season which I really didn't expect us to finish as high up as we could do come sunday evening. I think we've got a lot to be cheery about

As my daughter reminded me last night, every match she's been to this season we've won. I don't see sunday being any different. Maybe I'm looking at it all through rose tinted specs but I can't see the players wanting to go out of this season infront of their own fans on a damp squib. Simple as that. Plus you will have the odd one who will play out of their skin in one last attempt to put themselves in the shop window.

3-0 to us
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

The seasons just seen to fly by these days. Seems like only a few months ago I was getting excited and clock watching every day because of a upcoming trip to Wembley.

Like last season I've really enjoyed this one, despite having some awful away days.

I hate the end of the season.
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

obviously want to see us smash this lot, last day of the season no pressure on them they are in the shop window so will want to play their best, we have already had our end of season do which looked quite evident against Everton, cant see it being a thriller maybe a 1-1?
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Post by Bitter 'n' Twisted »

If we win the toss we should let them kick off. Just as the Ref blows for kick off all of our players should bend down and adjust the tops of their socks.
I would gladly concede a couple of yards possession for that to happen at the beginning of the game.
Geordie Hammer
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Bitter 'n' Twisted wrote:If we win the toss we should let them kick off. Just as the Ref blows for kick off all of our players should bend down and adjust the tops of their socks.

:lol: quality!
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

Surely we have to finally put them to the sword this time. We are clearly a better side than them, they have nothing to play for, we have a top half finish to secure. Just once let's not let this horrible little lot mug us off again.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Don't know what to think about this one. Let's face it, we should win, but at the same time, it seems the players just cant wait to jet off on their summer holidays
MCHammerJr

Post by MCHammerJr »

Seems I've missed something.... Seen on here on several occasions and in multiple threads, a reference to a Reading player pulling up socks. I've clearly missed it somehow. Anyone have a link to this on YouTube or have an article? Be good to know the story before i go on Sunday.

Thanks in advance
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Hammer Laffers wrote:The seasons just seen to fly by these days. Seems like only a few months ago I was getting excited and clock watching every day because of a upcoming trip to Wembley.

Like last season I've really enjoyed this one, despite having some awful away days.

I hate the end of the season.
Agreed, Rather depressing!
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

MCHammerJr wrote:Seems I've missed something.... Seen on here on several occasions and in multiple threads, a reference to a Reading player pulling up socks. I've clearly missed it somehow. Anyone have a link to this on YouTube or have an article? Be good to know the story before i go on Sunday.

Thanks in advance
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric

Post by Eric »

I really hope we do win....................

...........the game is being played on my 65th birthday.

I shall be in the BM Upper with the missus and, hopefully, drunk as a skunk.

Bring it on.

COYI
EssexHammer1994

Post by EssexHammer1994 »

Jussi

Demel- Collins- Reid- Potts

Diame- Noble

J.Cole- Nolan- Jarvis

Carroll

Nothing game against a nothing team- 6-0 West Ham
MCHammerJr

Post by MCHammerJr »

cheers k-r-c.
OllyWHU6
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by OllyWHU6 »

Would absolutely love to see Hall and Morrison get some game time. Can't see it happening but a goal from a youngster to end the season would be nice. If not please can we just win, i'm at Reading Uni, and really sick of us losing to the t8ssers.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

OllyWHU6 wrote:Would absolutely love to see Hall and Morrison get some game time. Can't see it happening but a goal from a youngster to end the season would be nice.
As you say mate, you can guarantee that it won't happen! Really don't understand why Sam decides to put a loanee in Pogatetz on the bench rather than putting Hall or Morrison on it?
OllyWHU6 wrote: If not please can we just win, i'm at Reading Uni, and really sick of us losing to the t8ssers.
Living in Reading? You poor, poor soul. :wink:
GwentHammers
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by GwentHammers »

Still got a ticket going in the BML for this
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:
As you say mate, you can guarantee that it won't happen! Really don't understand why Sam decides to put a loanee in Pogatetz on the bench rather than putting Hall or Morrison on it?
So if Reid goes off injured after 15 minutes, you'd rather we replaced him with Hall or Morrison?
Personally I'd rather have a defender on the bench

I can understand wanting to see how some of our youngsters shape up. But at the same time I'm of the opinion that they have to earn the right to wear our shirt. I imagine Sam will be keen to get the result that guarantees a top half finish, so will pick players most likely to deliver that. If that means a loanee, rather than an unproven youngster, so be it

I also feel, it being the last home game of the season, that those players who have given their all, and got this side into 10th place, deserve to keep their places and enjoy the appreciation of the crowd. For instance, whilst I'd like to see how young Moncs shapes up, I also feel that both Nobes & G. O'Neil deserve a run out, for their efforts this year, so if Nobes is going to start, then be subbed, I'd want GON to get the nod to replace him, rather than a pointless cameo from a youngster. I mean, if you were say, Joe Cole or Vaz Te, how would you feel if you didn't make the 16 for the last home game of the season, just so Hall or Morrison can get 10 minutes on the UP turf?
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

Agree with Stu. We should put out our best team, with our best subs on the bench with a view to them coming on in the last 20 minutes. That's Jack, GON and Carlton (for his final swansong?)

After yesterday's game I think Sam will have put a few ****'s into people and we'll go all out to get a good result. 3-0, with CFC getting one.