Newcastle Utd 0-0 West Ham Utd (24/08/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Re: Newcastle United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by irving boleyn »

I am convinced that Noble's first inclination is to further the attack..if a short pass is on,he'll make it,otherwise he'll try to make space to seek out a further target...he combined well with Scotty who was on the same wavelength.Do you ever see Nolan or Diame looking for a short pass?

When he does get forward his passes are usually incisive.

"
North East Iron

Post by North East Iron »

I was sat at the other end to my fellow hammers and i agree the home support was a bit p*ss poor yesterday its a shame we could not of nicked it. My arse nearly dropped in the 92nd min when they hit the post.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
It doesn't, but I think the issue people have when others knock your own is that they done the same virtually at exactly the same rate too so if he's going to knock us, he should be knocking his own team too.
Exactly BO
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

just got back. fantastic day and night in the toon-

before the match beer & tits
after the match tits and beer & all sorts :D

enjoyed the game - could never really see us losing- we had a couple of gilt edge chances

thought diame and noble were excellent- maiga was just awfull- couldnt have put less effort in if he tried

great to see morrison come on and add have a positive impact

defensively, we look so solid- all over the park we are harrying, covering and organised.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Geordie girls are the easiest , anyone who shags Peter Beardsley must be desperate
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

After two weeks, there are only three teams in the Prem who have not allowed any goals: The Scousers, the Filth, and us.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

Gator_Hammer wrote:After two weeks, there are only three teams in the Prem who have not allowed any goals: The Scousers, the Filth, and us.
I have never heard that expression before.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

The question i ask...

What is worse?

A basic long ball into the box? Or a defence that cant cope with such a basic ball into the box?

We got a lot of success from such a basic form of play yesterday so its understandable why we persisted with it. People give us the tag because Andy Carroll is decent in the air, but Maiga was beating their defenders yesterday. They were incompetent at the back, we sussed it straight away and persisted with it.

A lot of arrogance is on display at the moment from all managers regarding their style of play. I haven't seen one performance from a team yet this season that's got me off my seat.

That arrogant bell end Brendan Rodgers thinks he's some form of tactical genius with a great brand of football. He has overseen two of the most boring performances this season up there with "The Special" ones Chelsea side. No one points the finger there though...theres a form of jealousy as we are no longer pushovers and get results.