West Ham Utd 1-3 Manchester City (19/10/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Manchester City: match thread

Post by wizzo_66 »

Thought Jussi had an average game. Did OK. Awful parry into the middle of the six yard box in the first half. Flapped at Aguero's header.

Made a couple of very decent saves.

Overall average. He's had much better games.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Billydinho wrote: Why are you so obsessed with Jussi?

I mean he didn't play badly but he certainly could have done better with Aguero's header. He most certainly didn't stand out on Saturday.
Aguero's header was near enough on the line before he even had a chance to spring. If he had managed to claw it backwards off of the line it would have been one of the saves of the season. He was without a doubt, as always, one of our better players
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Aguero's header was near enough on the line before he even had a chance to spring. If he had managed to claw it backwards off of the line it would have been one of the saves of the season. He was without a doubt, as always, one of our better players
Now, as you know, I'm not one of Jussi's biggest fans, but I'd lay no blame for that goal with him at all. Any finger pointing for that goal should be at the guy (no not Demel) who looked like he should be marking Aguerro but switched off and left him in far too much space just yards from goal with a free header...

That said it was a normal Jussi performance for me, one very good save and one weak parry/block back into the danger zone are what I remember from him
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 499 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

My favourite Jussi moment was Negrado's shot which lashed against the bar. Jussi was on his knees as the ball was struck.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Jumby wrote:Whatever the deal, the bottom line, for me, is that that Man City rocked up at our place and fielded the weakest defence they'll field all season, in the league, and our response was to play without a striker, at home, with people paying £52 to see a match that was advertised as an oppurtunity to see their stars.

I don't give a f**k if we're playing Man City or Mansfield, you play with a striker when you're at home, you should do anywhere, Spurs was a one off in that sense. It was naive and stupid, we got what we deserved, I only hope we learn from this.
Which of our "strikers" would you have played?
The only fit one, or one of the others?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Yea Why Not wrote:
He got two hands to it?

It was a header from a standing jump about 10-12 yards out. Hardly a bullet!

I don't even come to criticise him but if I'm overly critical you're overly praising.
carugohammers

Post by carugohammers »

It is not because of Jussy, but who had to go to marking on Aguero, has been free to strike the ball