COC4: Burnley 0-2 West Ham Utd (29/10/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Burnley v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

"I told the players at half-time that our 2,000 fans had paid 80 or 90 quid to get to the game and they were giving them stick so 'What are you doing? You've got a West Ham shirt on and I don't care how old or young you are, go out there and give them some entertainment and value for money'."
Oldun
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

I think Diame will find out that there is only one winner if you don't do what is expected from you in a big Sam team,that's one of the things I like about Sam,you do it his way or your out.
I believe that Sam is into a united team spirit and even when you don't agree with his selection of certain players,especially Nolan at times,he sees other attributes that that player offers,they may not be the best individual player at the club but a great team player,no room for non team players in Sams selections.
Perhaps we are seeing why Wigan let him go in the first place and no one else has come in for him.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

kesh wrote:To be fair, MO was everywhere against Sp"rs, for instance. Wouldn't of started him today and guess he didn't wont to start neither.
Hes an employee of West Ham and well paid at that. Couldn't give two shits about what he wants to do, it aint down to him its down to the manager.

I dont wanna go to work but have too ....

BFS gave him a job to do and he didnt fulfil it. Sure he will get an almighty rocket up his arse and deservedly so

So puts in a shift in a london derby but cant be arsed against a northern team, on a cold winters night in the league cup. Barry big b*llocks
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Does anyone think that Diame is angling for a January move and his agent is trying to force the issue?
Or is that a bit harsh?
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Oldun Wigan didn't let Diame go they offered him a new deal and they wanted to keep him.Diame refused that deal around halfway through the last year of his contract and he chose to run it down for the last 6 months and they responded by dropping him from the starting 11.

Back to his performances on his last two games he should be dropped for either Cole or Collison next game.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

mushy wrote:Does anyone think that Diame is angling for a January move and his agent is trying to force the issue?
Or is that a bit harsh?
I think he didn't particularly want to play last night. Doubt it has anything to do with a move, Very poor last night in that disorganised first half.

The front 5 were playing against their 8 and got the runaround. One or two, Carlton springs to mind, look like they were told not to get hurt.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Thought that first pen was a bit generous, I wouldn't have been happy seeing that awarded against us!

Great result away to high flying Burnley, hoping for a nice home draw for the quarters, get the Boleyn jumping!

COYI!!! :crest:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Simply Moore wrote:Thought that first pen was a bit generous, I wouldn't have been happy seeing that awarded against us!
Yep, I thought it was a good tackle personally
kesh

Post by kesh »

The Sherriff wrote:
Hes an employee of West Ham and well paid at that. Couldn't give two shits about what he wants to do, it aint down to him its down to the manager.

I dont wanna go to work but have too ....

BFS gave him a job to do and he didnt fulfil it. Sure he will get an almighty rocket up his arse and deservedly so

So puts in a shift in a london derby but cant be arsed against a northern team, on a cold winters night in the league cup. Barry big b*llocks
Not happy with Mo performance, bit pathetic really but can understand it from a polly precious pants PL player perspective. Bad game against a good City, playing a differing role, starts midweek when he struggles to finish games; if he has a stunner against Villa (like he can) or next week all's forgiven.
arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

Delighted to be proved wrong (again). there are a lot of West Ham teams rom the past who would have buckled and lost last night.

well done Sam & teh team (although not Diame, looking at the comments on here).
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:"I told the players at half-time that our 2,000 fans had paid 80 or 90 quid to get to the game and they were giving them stick so 'What are you doing? You've got a West Ham shirt on and I don't care how old or young you are, go out there and give them some entertainment and value for money'."
If it's true I love that - because it bloody worked...
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

Perhaps Diame needs the reminder that he got before Chelsea last season when he got benched for a few games.
West Ham Tom

Post by West Ham Tom »

Just got back. Long journey home and was stuck in preston bus station for 3 hours! Was worth it seeing us win away:)
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 382 likes

Post by Phil S »

any idea why Collison cupped his ear to the Burnley fans when he scored?
beckton

Post by beckton »

fjthegrey wrote:How did Junior play for them last night?

Very well in the first half which Burnley dominated, quieter in the second half when we took control.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Nice to see Collison back with a goal Albeit a penalty.
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

mushy wrote:Does anyone think that Diame is angling for a January move and his agent is trying to force the issue?
Or is that a bit harsh?
I think he has been angling for a move since he joined us, hence the release clause in his contract and the way his performances improve when he is playing one of the top 6 (or around the January window). I also think he's not half as good as he thinks he is, which is why his release clause has never been taken up, at least not by a team who he'd join.

I would definitely bench him on Saturday and play Jack or Morrison ahead of him.
bobbyz

Post by bobbyz »

Last nights goals from the stands:

Taylors
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Collisons
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cracking Atmosphere last night! Maigia was shocking! Very Lazy and kept getting caught offside! The kids did well at the back. Downing Terrorised their left back from the minute he came on.

Big Sams Celebration at the end was class! Irons!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Glad we won and absolutely thrilled to be through to the Quarters. How we got there is irrelevant now.

Though I think the more alarming output from the game is how big the gulf is between England first and second division.

We put our reserves out away from home against the team flying at the top of the Championship, and beat them 2-0.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Two very well taken penalties there. Well done lads :crest: