COC4: Burnley 0-2 West Ham Utd (29/10/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Horn Gallop

Re: Burnley v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

mushy wrote:Does anyone think that Diame is angling for a January move and his agent is trying to force the issue?
Or is that a bit harsh?
He obviously thinks he's better than he actually is. Great running strength but no brain. I don't think clubs will be queuing up come January.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

I have to defend my main man Mo Diame. Granted he strolls about at times and has poor decision making at times but the man is a beast in the middle of the park. He is strong, takes players on regularly and has bags of skill. Look what happened when he came off against Swansea..... It almost cost us the game. I think he is crucial for us.

I seem to remember a Mr Di Canio not always being up for games north of the Watford gap but he got away with it. I'm not saying Diame is as legendary as Di Canio was but lets keep things in perspective.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

and the fact diame isn't perfect is good......if he was we'd have trouble keeping hold of him

it's somehow reassuring to see our best players make a few gaffs here and there, just to put off any fanciers.......I know that's not exactly positive thinking, but it makes sense to me! :P
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Anyone heard anything about Tomkins hamstring tweek from last night? I would hazard a guess that it could be a week or 2 out, with Collins still out, could upset our solid defence
jessieron

Post by jessieron »

Absentee Hammer wrote:Anyone heard anything about Tomkins hamstring tweek from last night? I would hazard a guess that it could be a week or 2 out, with Collins still out, could upset our solid defence
Noooooooo.......Hope that's not true..... :(

EDIT:Thought that was just a rumour until I read Sam's interview on the official site.Hopefully it's nothing serious because Villa on Saturday is a crucial game....
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

Stepney wrote:I seem to remember a Mr Di Canio not always being up for games north of the Watford gap but he got away with it. I'm not saying Diame is as legendary as Di Canio was but lets keep things in perspective.
For a lot of fans, Di Canio didn't get away with it at all. It's a major part of the reason why a player with such unquestionable talent, who delivered a lot of incredible moments, still draws such negative opinions from a sizeable portion of our fans.

Diame is nowhere near good enough to pick and choose which games he performs in and still pull the wool over the eyes of the majority of fans.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 1301 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Burnley's opposition view is incredible. They are proper unimpressed. :lol:

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=127120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

I've been saying since the middle of last season that his problem is consistency. Unplayable at times- normally against the big teams. Bang average or non-existent at other times. There may be a bit of poor attitude and / or lack of motivation thrown in for good measure otherwise you'd think he'd be even better against weaker teams

I was watching it on a feed last night - probably not paying as much attention as I should but I genuinely didn't realise Diame was out there til you lot started discussing his performance.

His inconsistency will keep him here, which is no bad thing, for where we're at. If he turned in 'Chelsea at home' every week he'd have left already.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 472 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Burnley's opposition view is incredible. They are proper unimpressed. :lol:

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=127120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amusing...suddenly it was their reserve side out last night.

We were defo pushing the limit with time wasting last night but then 10 minutes left, if you're chasing the game 1-0 down, don't be trying to hit worldies from 30yards out that disappear into the crowd and then getting the hump when our keeper takes his time with the goal kick.
kesh

Post by kesh »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Burnley's opposition view is incredible. They are proper unimpressed. :lol:

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=127120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can pretty much copy and paste the opposition view.
Grays

Post by Grays »

Cole and Maiga upfront are ****ing woeful.
We are a decent strikeforce away from being a good side but not with what we currently have to offer.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

The Sherriff wrote:9 english players used

7 english players started,

5 academy players started, 6 used in total.

Contary to popular belief, Tony Carr is still doing his job and the youngsters aint that bad, apparently we'd be relegation fodder with them in.

Kids are united
Stannislaus played as well for Burnley
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Not long got home having dropped my son off at Uni on the way. We enjoyed the cricket club then ended up in the Boot after the game. Interesting to meet so many hammers from 'op North and the local lads seemed well up for it. Odd to hear lads singing Burnleys a ****hole in Lancashire accents. The Burnley fans we spoke to after the game in the main agreed with us that we just shaded it because of the second half, well pleased with their team and talked about the difference between a PL squad and a Championship squad. They mostly seemed convinced the first penalty was soft, at the time I thought it was a definite - I'll have to watch it again.

First 10-15 mins we were ok, rest of the half they were better, second half was pretty much all us.
First half Chambers and Ruddock both seemed to want to play right back, second half they were a lot better - when Ruddock moved inside he was worrying at times.

My only real complaint is that despite being on top we didn't look likely to score.
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

Any feedback on how CC played last night ?
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

JBs Caravan wrote:Any feedback on how CC played last night ?
Pal of mine reckons he was sh*t.
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

JBs Caravan wrote:Any feedback on how CC played last night ?

To be honest he was fairly poor and laboured but he did put himself about and one a few balls. Maiga I'm afraid was dire. It's either a total lack of of confidence or just a lack of ability. I fear it's the latter.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 426 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Diame will play much better next time we're live on the telly. When is that btw?

League Cup ties oop north with nobody watching just don't get the exposure required to try a leg it seems.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:"I told the players at half-time that our 2,000 fans had paid 80 or 90 quid to get to the game and they were giving them stick so 'What are you doing? You've got a West Ham shirt on and I don't care how old or young you are, go out there and give them some entertainment and value for money'."

The fat one got that spot on
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

The Oppositions View is becoming a highlight of the week for me :lol:
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

hammer_sandwich wrote:To be honest he was fairly poor and laboured but he did put himself about and one a few balls. Maiga I'm afraid was dire. It's either a total lack of of confidence or just a lack of ability. I fear it's the latter.
He made the second goal for Collison with his run, could have had an assist with the Joe Cole overhead kick that was disallowed, and once Carlton went off, linked up quite well going forward, with some decent passing and link up play, particularly on the wing. I don't rate him but did you actually watch any of the second half?