Liverpool 4-1 West Ham Utd (07/12/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham: Match Thread

Post by The Gibbins »

Suicyde wrote: Genuinely thought MM had a decent game yesterday too.
The only decent player on the pitch yesterday imo
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Billydinho wrote:
Taking too long to get Carlton on.

We had a bit of momentum after we scored and Nolan was being his peripheral self so whip him off and put Carlton on and send it long, keep the pressure on.

If he did that and we still lost 4-1 it'd be the down to the players.

What if he brought Carlton on earlier and we lost 7-1, who would be to blame then?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

The players as I said?
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

We actually played very well right up until we conceded the first goal....
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Oldun wrote:Sam said in his next sentence that James felt his groin,hamstring or groin?
Downing is on the list at Physio room but not James Tomkins ?
physioroom has all our injured players with no return date worrying indeed
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Morocco Mole wrote:We actually played very well right up until we conceded the first goal....
I would say we played OK.

They could've been two or three up by then.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

LeonRivers wrote: I trust them not to do that. It's the last thing we need right now.
It has gone terribly at Southampton, hasn't it?
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Predictions for when we will win at Anfield

Post by BondsoBob »

Right, that's another one gone then. Half a century without a win in the red half of scouseland (not much better in the blue half either). So when do you think we will win there again. I'm 58 now, and I don't believe it will be in my lifetime !

:P
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Predictions for when we will win at Anfield

Post by thejackhammer »

BondsoBob wrote:Right, that's another one gone then. Half a century without a win in the red half of scouseland (not much better in the blue half either). So when do you think we will win there again. I'm 58 now, and I don't believe it will be in my lifetime !
I'm 20 and I don't think it'll be in mine :lol:
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Just got back. Cracking weekend only slightly spoiled by the football. I almost felt sorry for Maiga, he got no support at all. Mind you he doesn't do himself any favours when the 1 or 2 chances per game come his way (good save from Mingulet as well).

At least we won't have to play them next season unless it's in the cups.

Feed the Scousers
Let them know it's Christmas time.

:lol:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

markmc wrote:Went to the boozer straight form work (as couldn't make it home in time for k.o.) to watch the game shown via Al Jazeera and wasn't on for some reason along with all other prem' matches, exception being Southampton v Citeh (??),
Only 1 Saturday 3:00pm match allowed now:
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0#p3891445
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

BondsoBob wrote:Right, that's another one gone then. Half a century without a win in the red half of scouseland (not much better in the blue half either). So when do you think we will win there again. I'm 58 now, and I don't believe it will be in my lifetime !

:P
Talking of the blue half of merseyside , i sometimes eo wonder where we go wrong Everton a similar size club to us with arguably maybe similar investment , selling to buy or survive .
Kenwright is no billionarre but they are so much more stable and have a good premier league record although not pushing for champs league never ever in danger.
what do West ham do so differently?
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

61dicksey wrote: Talking of the blue half of merseyside , i sometimes eo wonder where we go wrong Everton a similar size club to us with arguably maybe similar investment , selling to buy or survive .
Kenwright is no billionarre but they are so much more stable and have a good premier league record although not pushing for champs league never ever in danger.
what do West ham do so differently?
It really is a mystery isn't it. Every other club just seems to be smarter and better in the transfer window than us, and they hire better managers.
eastendborn

Post by eastendborn »

I say offer Bilic the job- ( I said that 3 years ago). He done well with Croatia and he's a passionate motivator with a good technical brain-ex West Ham man. Sam's done us good- got us up and done well first season we came back up- but everything is stagnant right now. If he stay's- I hope he proves me wrong.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Just watched the game on the box. I thought we were'nt that bad and that the scoreline flattered Liverpool.
They got two flukey goals to boot. All in all, considering our best three players were not on the pitch, we didn't do too bad. Had Maiga scored from that opportunity, the final result could have been very different.
I'm not an Allardyce fan and believe he should go but we are not getting the rub of the green at the moment.
COYI get it together.
:crest:
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

We were talking to some Liverpool fans on the train back to Crewe. Overheard one say that West Ham are the best fans up there every season - so we identified ourselves. And explained that why we had taken less than usual - Brady's fault not the fans.

They gave an interesting explaination of why Anfield is now so quiet. Apparently many chants are considered as 'lower league' and if anyone tries to start one they are told to shhh. This includes banter with away fans. They seem to think that standard player chants (there's only one ---- etc) are beneath them so only sing about players if they have an original song. Hence there isn't much singing any more.
Hammertapp
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Hammertapp »

Carlton Cole ‏@CarltonCole1 4m
Haha and that Luis Suarez vs Carlton Cole chant was brilliant. Had me and the other players in stitches #topfans

Haven't read thread so don't know if it's been mentioned, but what was the chant?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I don't get the obsession with Billic....one because he was a mercenary who couldn't wait to f*** off to the almighty Everton at that time and because he has done fairly well for Croatia but nothing fantastic...

I dont get it, he is the most over rated manager in Europe. Well he is on here anyway... There are surely better candidates, he might do well here i just dont get why people think he will be such a success :?
markmc

Post by markmc »

markmc wrote:Went to the boozer straight form work (as couldn't make it home in time for k.o.) to watch the game shown via Al Jazeera and wasn't on for some reason along with all other prem' matches, exception being Southampton v Citeh (??),
Wembley1966 wrote:Only 1 Saturday 3:00pm match allowed now:
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0#p3891445
Cheers for clearing that up W'1966
Eastleigh Hammer

Post by Eastleigh Hammer »

Hammertapp wrote:Carlton Cole ‏@CarltonCole1 4m
Haha and that Luis Suarez vs Carlton Cole chant was brilliant. Had me and the other players in stitches #topfans

Haven't read thread so don't know if it's been mentioned, but what was the chant?
We've got Carlton Cole
We've got Carlton Coooole
F*ck Luis Suarez
We've got Carlton Cole

We got applauded by the home fans for that one!