West Ham Utd 0-0 Sunderland (14/12/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Re: West Ham vs Sunderland: Match Thread

Post by hawkins_hammer »

I missed the game, I was in Ghent, which is a lovely city btw!

Let's say we did miss Nolan (which I doubt)... it makes him an even bigger ****er to the fans and to his teammates for getting sent off against Liverpool. Anyway, carry on..
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

You could see the disbelief on the players faces when faced with the string of decisions in the first half; how a player can take a corner and it go out without touching anyone and the officials give another corner I will never know. No way that our goal in the first half should have been disallowed. All of which didn't help their confidence, dreadful cliche but a goal would have lifted the team and they would have improved no end.

What we got was two not very good teams that are struggling and Sunderland got better as we got worse. I never thought I would see a Sam team so disorganised.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Mahoolah wrote:Steve Clarke anyone?
It was only a matter of time before Clarke got found out. Anyone who watched WHU under him and Zola knows that he is tatically inept. Anyone who plays Spector at full back for an entire season is not a premiership manager.

Never liked Clarke. Really rates himself (with nothing to really back it up).
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:You could see the disbelief on the players faces when faced with the string of decisions in the first half; how a player can take a corner and it go out without touching anyone and the officials give another corner I will never know. No way that our goal in the first half should have been disallowed. All of which didn't help their confidence, dreadful cliche but a goal would have lifted the team and they would have improved no end.

What we got was two not very good teams that are struggling and Sunderland got better as we got worse. I never thought I would see a Sam team so disorganised.
my personal favourite was when jarvis crossed the ball.. it (imo) stayed in.. and their defender chested it out for a corner.. however somehow the lino decides that his naked eye can call that a ball 15 feet in the air is defo 100% across the line and gives a goal kick...........
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

My favourite Marriner decision yesterday when he missed three blatant fouls in a row, one should have gone to us, then we committed a foul & then we should have had another free kick, all within 10 seconds.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

My top Marriner moment was when we had that free kick just inside our own half. The lineo was telling Altidore to get back 10 yards (which he ignored) and Marriner dismissed his fellow official petulantly, ordered Collins to take it, it subsequently hit Altidore and they nearly went up the field and scored.

If that had gone in I'd have gone and found the ****......
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

hawkins_hammer wrote:I missed the game, I was in Ghent, which is a lovely city btw!

Let's say we did miss Nolan (which I doubt)... it makes him an even bigger ****er to the fans and to his teammates for getting sent off against Liverpool. Anyway, carry on..
Had my stag do in Ghent. Loved it.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

mumbles87 wrote:
my personal favourite was when jarvis crossed the ball.. it (imo) stayed in.. and their defender chested it out for a corner.. however somehow the lino decides that his naked eye can call that a ball 15 feet in the air is defo 100% across the line and gives a goal kick...........
Agreed that was gobsmacking.

I posted yesterday that I thought the worst one was quite late in the second half when they sent a long ball forward to the edge of the box and Tomkins was challenging Fletcher for it but it bounced up really high. Fletcher went for it with his boot at the level of his own head and one of our midfielders who was coming in from the front and was about to head it away had to pull out to avoid a boot in the face. Marriner just allowed them to play on and they had a good chance from it. Would have been just as bad as the Collins one.
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

hawkins_hammer wrote:I missed the game, I was in Ghent, which is a lovely city btw!
Great city, beautiful girls, fantastic beer - whats not to like! I also went on a stag do there
:thup:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote:my personal favourite was when jarvis crossed the ball.. it (imo) stayed in.. and their defender chested it out for a corner.. however somehow the lino decides that his naked eye can call that a ball 15 feet in the air is defo 100% across the line and gives a goal kick...........
We are in the BML but the players reactions told us that was a corner.
Morocco Mole wrote: My top Marriner moment was when we had that free kick just inside our own half. The lineo was telling Altidore to get back 10 yards (which he ignored) and Marriner dismissed his fellow official petulantly, ordered Collins to take it, it subsequently hit Altidore and they nearly went up the field and scored
Wasn't this one in their half, about 30 yards from their goal? Altidore was about 3 yeards away when Collins took the kick - Collins should have dummied and not kicked the ball, surely even that incompetant tosser Mariner might have noticed that Altidore was not ten yards.

I assume the performance of the officials is the reason the "match-fixing" thread has disappeared? Lots of people round us questioning whether it was incompetence or something more sinister.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

poor refereeing and a very poor game to watch - in a nutshell
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

mumbles87 wrote:
That was right in front of me.

One of the worst decisions I've ever seen.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Was at the game with the Girlfriend.

Of all the time IV been to Upton park for a game since 1999 this was by far the worst.

If we continue to play like this, and set out our stall like this, we WILL be relegated. The draw was more a reflection n Sunderland ineptitude, as opposed to any strength shown by us.

The missus (not a football fan) pointed out how Diame was leaps and bounds ahead of all the rest, and she was right. Players like Maiga are great luxury players. joe Cole is simply not the same Joe Cole we sold in 2003, and has lost his spark. Morrison was frustratingly lethargic on the ball, and inexplicably refused to pass the ball, in a manner usually seen by a hyper-confident youngster in a Jumpers-for-Goalposts game. Jarvis is equally frustrating, and seems incapable of being truly decisive.

Without a fit Cole, Carroll, Reid, Vaz Te and Downing, we are in real danger. The absence of a recognised striker, a workmanlike, but limited midfield, and a rickety back line puts a real fear in me, that we are simply not good enough, and that relegation will happen if we do not properly respond to whatis clearly a crisis situation.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I think we're gonna win.