Manchester Utd 3-1 West Ham Utd (21/12/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Re: Manchester United Vs West Ham united match thread

Post by Billydinho »

Why would that Morrison tackle be a red card?!
Grays

Post by Grays »

Thought our support was quiet for large periods of yesterday, the fun has well and truly been sucked out of us.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Grays wrote:Thought our support was quiet for large periods of yesterday, the fun has well and truly been sucked out of us.

Considering the quality of the fight the team put up i thought the support was pretty good today and as you say it is hard to get behind a team that appeared to be going through the motions for large parts of the game

As we had less than 3% of the attendance and they were winning comfortably from fairly early on we did OK.

Harder for me to understand why their fans were so quiet but then i guess beating us is a low priority routine kinda game for them.

The "You're nothing special, we lose every week" chant (and their reaction to it) was priceless.
Limehouse

Post by Limehouse »

Went with my lads and a couple of their ManU friends; they have STs so fair play. Good day out despite the best efforts of the M6.

Predicatable outcome, but their big players performed and ours didn't. Rooney owned Morrison all game; I know its fashionable to laugh at him but god can he play. Jones is a beast in the old Pallister tradition; except he's better on the ball. A lot of the rest are average though.

When you're there you can see also how isolated Maiga is, especially in the first half. At one point he held the ball up just inside their half, looked up and there wasn't a white shirt within 20 yards.They had clearly identified our left hand side as weak - McCartney, Taylor and Jarvis - and just tore it to shreds. Noble was exposed - again - for pace until Collison came on and put some energy into the midfield. Diame is not a winger; we miss Downing and/or Vaz Te. And then we have Carlton - roughed up Evans from the first challenge; started to combine with Maiga and then there's the goal. Slow motion isn't the half of it. You know he's going to miss but will he put it past the post, hit De Gea or fall over the ball. Hell no - it's in the back of the net! Another treasured memory.

Two other quick points; support was patchy in my view though pockets were brilliant - 'lets all do the Bartez' my favourite. And my lads friends couldn't believe we were allowed to stand up - not that we gave the stewards much choice!
Grays

Post by Grays »

Iron George wrote:Considering the quality of the fight the team put up i thought the support was pretty good today and as you say it is hard to get behind a team that appeared to be going through the motions for large parts of the game

As we had less than 3% of the attendance and they were winning comfortably from fairly early on we did OK.

Harder for me to understand why their fans were so quiet but then i guess beating us is a low priority routine kinda game for them.

The "You're nothing special, we lose every week" chant (and their reaction to it) was priceless.
Yeah I suppose second half we were decent, always at our best when we're self deprecating.
Can't wait for the day when we give it a go away from home again.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Has anyone worked out quite why Man Utd were actually given the FK that led to the first goal?

McCartney was the player playing Welbeck onside for the second goal - the centre backs seem to have stepped up at the right time.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

...second game in a row after sunderland where the standard of refereering has been laughable, fraudulant, unfair and penalising. Ive been watching the game for 40 years and just dont understand the rules any more - the "foul" for their goal? What- where. when - ?! Just unforgiveable - and these are pros'!?

As for the game- we were as bad ...as we have been for years. The Sam myth/lie continues. Im ****ing beside myself with genuine, deep, black and mournfull thoughts about where this clown has taken us ( and no, lets not start about the semi-final- thats distraction). Him and his cohorts have given us the cheapest, oldest, slowest, unfittest, clueless champions of the PL- and yet every week he's gets away with injuries and suspensions as his excuse.

Cant believe how many of the faces ive seen travel for YEARS up to OT not there today- they 've had enough. At this rate we might not even make 500 fans travelling away soon- why would you bother, really?

Another week, another pathetic, supine, tact-free defeat, another set of managerial platitudes, and a week closer to the abyss- G&S will react to little and too late, with a clutch of "stars" who chose not to join us and we end up with Kevin Phillips or his venezualian counterpart on loan.

Still Sam- thats another £60 Bags in the bank... you fraud.

BFS- DESTROYING EVERYTHING WE LOVE ABOUT THIS CLUB- WEEK AFTER WEEK.
:crest:
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

w4hammer wrote:Him and his cohorts have given us the cheapest, oldest, slowest, unfittest, clueless champions of the PL- and yet every week he's gets away with injuries and suspensions as his excuse.

Anyone else notice that we had NINE of our coaching staff on the pitch pre game warming the players up ??

NINE !!

( And that didn't include the Manager, kit man or psychologist - who all travelled)
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

The Mancs probably have 50000 genuine supporters and 25000 tourists it's fact,you see them
Walking around with those 50/50 scarfs on
When we move into the Olympic Stadium,we will attract exactly the same clientele,as the ground
Is far too big
As for yesterday's game BFS selected damage limitation measures,apart from young Adrian,we had
Players who threw in the towel before Ko as they never believed in getting anything out of the game.
Rooney and Smalling were sheer class..
BFS waffling on about pens,was pure distraction dross...we should have been 5 down by then
The WBA game is huge for him
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Was always going to be tough.

Didn't help that so many of our team had poor games.
carugohammers

Post by carugohammers »

Honestly, after the victory on Wednesday, I was expecting a different approach on the part of the team, but it was not so. Did the usual mistakes, a team with no character, they have not even tried to raise his head. Only good thing the goal by Cole
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hammertapp wrote:Having said that, their team is full of diving w*nkers. Januzaj got booked but should have been sent off for diving twice, Jones dived so blatantly you could see it from the moon and Cleverley did also.
The pundits on MOTD were a disgrace jizzing over Januzaj and praising his play while skirting over his blatant dive. Their only comment was Moyes needs to get him to remove that part of his game. That dive was one of the worst I've ever seen and as Hammertapp says he should have been sent off for it.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

The one over Collins was maybe the worst I've ever seen, but would you have felt aggrieved if Noble's shove had been penalised? I wouldn't have. If one of their did that to Maiga or Cole I'd have expected a pen
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

monkeyhanger wrote: The pundits on MOTD were a disgrace jizzing over Januzaj and praising his play while skirting over his blatant dive. Their only comment was Moyes needs to get him to remove that part of his game. That dive was one of the worst I've ever seen and as Hammertapp says he should have been sent off for it.
I had to laugh when they said he'd learn not to do it. No what he'll learn is how to do it "better" and make sure he pushes a leg sideways to ensure contact.