Manchester Utd 3-1 West Ham Utd (21/12/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dyl

Re: Manchester United Vs West Ham united match thread

Post by Dyl »

ManUtdFan wrote:
Odd comparison. You've just thrown random players. Fellaini wouldn't start in our strongest team lets go over this again.

De Gea/Mingolet = Draw Dissagree but can understand

Rafael/Johnson = Rafael Nope

Vidic/Skrtel = Vidic Vidic is injured constantly, can't be better if he doesn't play

Evans/Sakho = Sakho Yep

Evra/Enrique = Evra Agreed

Valencia/Henderson = Henderson Agreed

Carrick/Lucas = Carrick Ok, i'll give you that

Cleverley/Gerrard = Gerrard Yes

Januzaj/Coutinho = Januzaj. Check the stats he's having a superior season. Personally, not for me, coutinho will prove to be the better player

Rooney/Sturridge = Rooney Again, disagree but can understand

Van Persie/Suarez = Suarez Agreed

6/4 United being completely unbiased. Your hate for United is clouding your judgement.
Nope, 7-3 Liverpool with a draw.

Sorry matey, you're wrong, Liverpool have the better players. Rodgers is also a much better manager than Moyes.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Romford wrote:One thing i would like to ask the Manc....

How comes everybody else has moved on with the songs they sing....Yet Man Utd still sing about violence in half of theirs ?
I lived in Manchester for 6 years,....it's like going back in time up there....they ain't moved on, and still have a seriously nasty element that follow them

....cant live with our lot tho....
TheHammeredDog

Post by TheHammeredDog »

beckton wrote:
I know a fella that comes from Stockport that supports Man City.

Does anyone from Stockport actually support their local team?
I live in Stockport and I know a couple who do, but they consistently get the p1ss taken out of them by everyone else at my school
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

I've only ever met one manc that actually supports Man U. All the others have supported the other lot..........
Hammertapp
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Hammertapp »

Just got back from OT.

We were generally rubbish, almost as if we had no game plan with Maiga constantly feeding off long balls with no one in a white within 20 yards. They didn't need to do a lot to get through and could have scored more. Morrison was, no other way of putting it, atrocious and needs dropping imo. Noble poor also.

Having said that, their team is full of diving w*nkers. Januzaj got booked but should have been sent off for diving twice, Jones dived so blatantly you could see it from the moon and Cleverley did also. Don't get me started on the standard of officiating. Lino only saw it when our players were offside and looked like a pretty blatant pen for handball from where I was sitting (haven't seen replays, mind).

Carlton was our best player when he came on (held the ball up well and took his chance) and Diame was, as usual, our only player with drive.

Thought our fans were good in spite of the scoreline. Loved the 'You're nothing special, we lose every week' which even drew applause from the Man U fans in a rare awakening from their silent viewing of the game. Think Old Trafford is even more dead than the Emirates...

I had a good day despite the result. Need to improve for boxing day though!
TheHammeredDog

Post by TheHammeredDog »

delbert wrote:I've only ever met one manc that actually supports Man U. All the others have supported the other lot..........
In my experience, most people who actually watch football support Citeh, while the Manure fans know nothing about football. Always a few exceptions to the rule though...
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

The town I lived in Was 50/50

All this stuff about everyone supporting city up there is nonsense.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Hammertapp wrote:Just got back from OT.

We were generally rubbish, almost as if we had no game plan with Maiga constantly feeding off long balls with no one in a white within 20 yards. They didn't need to do a lot to get through and could have scored more. Morrison was, no other way of putting it, atrocious and needs dropping imo. Noble poor also.
a game on the bench wouldnt do him harm.. take fulham as an example.. he needs bedding in slowly.. he was so trying to impress too much today because it was his old club. He just needs to focus on the basics for a bit.

nobles been poor for a few games now.. I dont think could drop him tho
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

ManUtdFan wrote:And if so are you just a little bit worried about the future.......?

Only 5 points from 4th with Hull/Norwich up next while Liverpool play city, Arsenal/Chelsea, Liverpool/Chelsea. Its a chance to make up for all the points dropped.
I'd say it's not about the next couple of games just as you did earlier when you pointed out we are only so far through the season.You all have to play the same teams and each other to decide the top four. I'd say you should be worried as there is four teams with better managers and squads this season, but i admire your blind confidence.......good luck for the rest of the season fella.
Hammertapp
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Hammertapp »

ManUtdFan wrote:I didn't know the league was only 17 games. Arsenal have been in worse positions and have made top 4 I remain confident we will too. Anyway if we don't hardly as bad as being a west ham fan.
f*** off. This quote alone sums up sh*t gloryhunting fans. There's nothing bad about being a fan of any club. Anyone who says anything of the sort knows nothing whatsoever about what supporting a football club means.

What exactly are you doing on a West Ham forum trying to convince us all how great Man U are anyway? We don't care. At all.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

It's all about the football for me not neccessarily winning but hoping to, not winning at all costs including dving cheating, waving imaginary cards , play acting and general bad sportsmanship which most top four clubs have more than the average.
rciron
Has liked: 297 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

And people wonder why manure fans and their shitty plastic club are so universally hated, what a grade A bellend :thdn:
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

mumbles87 wrote:nobles been poor for a few games now.. I dont think could drop him tho
We did on Wednesday night
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

delbert wrote:I've only ever met one manc that actually supports Man U. All the others have supported the other lot..........
It's a myth mate. The majority of people in Manchester support Man Utd
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danm79

Post by danm79 »

Expected a defeat today, its about WBA, Fulham, Cardiff and man city the next few weeks

Apart from the spurs games today was the best atmosphere this season which made a poor performance a really enjoyable day
danm79

Post by danm79 »

61dicksey wrote:It's all about the football for me not neccessarily winning but hoping to, not winning at all costs including dving cheating, waving imaginary cards , play acting and general bad sportsmanship which most top four clubs have more than the average.
Problem is the refs generally always rule in their favour
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Some of Adrian's play early on suggested a decent future for him - good reaction save keeper.

I know its difficult to stomach Sam complaining about team mistakes in the media, but today he may have had a point.

We seemed to twice switch off, or more pertinently call for a decision, instead of fully concentrating on the play(ers) around us:

1. A quickly taken free kick left players out of position for the first, and
2. Collins was calling for the offside when Janu the diver collected to score the second.

Nobody was going to stop Young the diver's third.

We're missing Reid and Downing

But the truth is that, if we scored for the first time in 6 games today at OT, a visit there was never likely to feature in our end of season 'Games That Kept Us Up' compilation.

Same goes, most likely, for Arsenal at home.

We've got some very big games in the month after that. We've got to look at getting 9 points from WBA, Cardiff and Fulham.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Man Utd Fan - fair enough for apologising but accept you're gonna get pelters on here still for those posts. We have some great oppo fans on here from clubs that frankly we despise a lot more than yours - 4 Spurs lads spring to mind (Luke THFC, Homerton Spur, Modern and Woodgreenspur), the odd Chelsea and a fair few more. There's also a Man U who comes on here cos of his interest in Morrison. All of them generally manage to simultaneously stick up for their own club whilst showing respect for this being a West Ham forum (and the best one around because it encourages genuine debate about our club and others). It'd be nice if you could work with that - otherwise find somewhere else cos this isn't the place for trolling or WUM's. It's always interesting to hear the view from other club's supporters - it'd be great if you could contribute to that.

Anyway, today... meh. Just lulling them into a false sense of security before we beat them in the Cup Final in February. ;-)
kevino
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by kevino »

Just got home from OT after a 14 and a half hour round trip. Train an hour late into Euston due to a tree on the line - so they said.

Not read the other posts yet but in my view what a gutless, spineless performance that was. No passion, no drive, nothing.....apart from our fantastic support again. Sad thing was that Man U didn't have to be any good to beat us either. Too many players had a non event of a game. Taylor was decent at Spurs but how on earth does he start in centre midfield when Diame is out on the right wing. Can't think of one person who had a decent game. Tomkins a shadow of his usual self and Jarvis might as well not have been there. I think we might have found a decent goalie for the future though. Bold move by BFS in fairness to give him his first start at OT

Sadly, we need to take off our rose tinted specs after Spurs, great though it was, because at this rate we have a massive fight on our hands to stay up, with AC back or not because one player is unlikely to change things imo.
Eastleigh Hammer

Post by Eastleigh Hammer »

ManUtdFan wrote:
Worse than liverpool? Sure you wouldn't of said that before the season. Arsenal also debatable. We didn't start well but we are hitting some form.
Most people I know were saying this at the start of the season with me included. Not that the team is particularly bad but to get them firing as Sir Alex did would be impossible. Jones, Evans and Cleverley are perfect examples. They'll never be as good under another manager it seems

Moyes is a good manager but needs time to actually get them back up there.