Cardiff City 0-2 West Ham Utd (11/01/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Re: Cardiff City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by goingunderground »

Anyone doubting Nolan's commitment only need to watch him barking orders after Cole's goal and the way he celebrates Noble's goal with Joey. Maybe not our best player, or the best captain, but he does care and he will be important in the run in whether he's playing or not
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

anyone got a link to the goals ta
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

See http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ca ... am-2-motd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or you could just watch MotD on iPlayer (if it's on there yet).
Prawn

Post by Prawn »

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/highlig ... als-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's here too
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:See http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ca ... am-2-motd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or you could just watch MotD on iPlayer (if it's on there yet).

thanks gaffer
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Demel release from hospital...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25698726
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Only just watched the game

So different from the attitude last week, players throwing themselves into blocks, organised defensively and shutting players down quickly. Adrian played exceptionally well but so did Taylor, he may have been poor recently but he run his b*llocks off yesterday, as did Noble, who I also thought was superb.

We attacked with numbers too, Cole had plenty of support at times and that was so much better and was probably the main reason we controlled large parts of the first half. Cardiff were always going to come out second half fighting and Tomkins being sen toff invited the usual pressure but we defended really well, not just in numbers but very organised.

Well done lads, maybe this was the day we turned the corner.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

pezza20 wrote: Well done lads, maybe this was the day we turned the corner.
Be nice wouldn't it? And without getting too carried away by just one result it kind of felt like it too. There was much more of the spirit and togetherness that characterised the end of the promotion year and last season. If we still have that then happy days.

Cardiff were limited - a poor side who we should be aiming to finish above. Even so we rode our luck at times- on another day that game could easily have been drawn. But with Carroll back and Vaz (presumably) amongst others close to a return then there does finally appear to be light at the end of the tunnel. I hope so.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Coledinho wrote:The problem with Francis lies in his tone of voice as much as his words. When West Ham score his voice turns into one of disappointment, when we nearly score its one of frustration. When Cardiff nearly score he is jumping out of his seat in excitement.

I cant remember the last time a commentary team was as underwhelmed by a well worked goal as these guys were with Carlton Cole. The first thing they said was "It might be offside" in a hopeful tone. I actually thought the ref had called it offside initially. That is how underwhelmed they were

Personally think Francis should never commentate our games again. Not until he has surgery to remove the chip from the shoulder
Glad to see so many people noticed what an ****hole Francis was. He pissed me off. Even after the replay showing that the ball wasn't in he carried on. I can't stand his voice anyway but as you and others have said he didn't have a good word to say about us yesterday and rarely does.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Credit where it's due. I thought we were dead and buried and the players were unable to show the type of fight required. We got some MASSIVE breaks, (the goalline, the two very very good penalty shouts for cardiff) but we deserved our luck and the team showed superb grit and desire. Well done, perhaps we are not completely ****ed just yet.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I really don't get this "two good penalty shouts" stuff, there was one where George had his hands on Campbell - which they might have got if Campbell hadn't thrown himself down, as he did several times.

Also why was nothing made of the studs up stamp on Noble, I had my heart in my mouth because I thought it was bad one.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Chrissieboy wrote:
Glad to see so many people noticed what an ****hole Francis was. He pissed me off. Even after the replay showing that the ball wasn't in he carried on. I can't stand his voice anyway but as you and others have said he didn't have a good word to say about us yesterday and rarely does.
Glad I'm not alone either, prize c*** is that Mr. Francis.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I really don't get this "two good penalty shouts" stuff, there was one where George had his hands on Campbell - which they might have got if Campbell hadn't thrown himself down, as he did several times.

Also why was nothing made of the studs up stamp on Noble, I had my heart in my mouth because I thought it was bad one.
Cambell was being held. It is one that is given rarely, but we could not really have had many complaints had they been given it.

The handball was also a great shout. If it had been the other way around we'd be fuming. Arm away from his body, not exactly point blank range and stopping a dangerous cross.

I think overall we were lucky, but we played with heart and guts and deserved our luck.
claret and bobby

Re: tunnel vision

Post by claret and bobby »

cockney hammer wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well done chaps
My favourite part of this is Andrian at the end. Well done boys. Well daaaaan!
shortofbrillant

Post by shortofbrillant »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Call me a cynic, but why has this been made available? All of a sudden why are seeing a vid of team togetherness and spirit. Have they been filming every other week when we have been diabolical then?

Bet there was such togetherness then....

Seems all a bit staged to me in an attempt to quash all the rumours. Why can't we see the dressing room with Nolan apologising after the Fulham game?
Valid point. I'm not sure what the big deal is that everyone is happy when we won. Winning is when everything is roses. Losing is when the issues show their true form.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

shortofbrillant wrote: Valid point. I'm not sure what the big deal is that everyone is happy when we won. Winning is when everything is roses. Losing is when the issues show their true form.
Thanks. Christ, if a squad of players can't be happy and excited after their first win in ages, then something is seriously wrong. Everyone is so proud of this group of players having a love in, where was the spirit and fight in other weeks?

Considering how fickle some of us apparently are as fans, seems the players are no better. :wink:
Matt the hammer

Post by Matt the hammer »

Apologies if already mentioned, just realised our starting 11 had 8 englishmen in it! Nothing has been made of this at all which is a shame. Man City today started today with just Hart as the lone englishman, the price of success I guess! Seeing our line up gave me an enormous sense of pride really. I know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but I just thought it was worth a mention. Also, how good was it to see Mr Carroll out there yesterday! COYI!
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

In the youtube clip why was Mark Noble grabbed by the bird with the clipboard, drugs test or interview ?
6 Foot 2 Eyes of Blue
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by 6 Foot 2 Eyes of Blue »

delbert wrote:In the youtube clip why was Mark Noble grabbed by the bird with the clipboard, drugs test or interview ?
That was Laura in the WHU PR Dept, it would have been for the interview.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Not only did Trevor Francis show his usual anti-West ham bias, and question the accuracy of goal-line
technology because he was so desperate to see us concede a goal, , but - when McCartney was about to come on he spouted some boll**** about Rat going to play on the right because MCCartney is predominantly left-sided.
Not only is that unfair to GM, but Rat is possibly the most one footed player in our squad!
What a mega-tit Trevor Francis is!!