Chelsea 0-0 West Ham Utd (29/01/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Re: West Ham United vs Chelsea: Match Thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Mourinho admitted they 'gave everything possible'.

So, with their - let's say - £100m attack/midfield, they gave 'everything'.

You could argue that our team gave a £100m performance 8-)
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Zimhammer wrote:A totally dominant team failed to convert one of 38 opportunities and this is hailed as tactical genius? 38 - 1 isn't close to parity.

Out of those 38 I don't remember many that hit the post or troubled the keeper, the managers tactics to keep it condensed in the middle and force shots from distance seemed to work well in my eyes.

Not sure what other tactics we could have used against a squad in the multi millions , with some world class talent. If we'd had opened the game up they would have destroyed us
Last edited by Ozza on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

Zimhammer wrote:A totally dominant team failed to convert one of 38 opportunities and this is hailed as tactical genius? 38 - 1 isn't close to parity.

I think 0-0 is parity.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Great result but let's be honest, allowing Chelsea to have 38 attempts on goal is not a lot to be proud about, however plucky the defending. Still, watching a smug Sam enjoy his moment was quite amusing.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

As was said above, they may have had 38 shots on goal but only 8 on target and several of them straight at Adrian from distance. I didn't feel they particularly threatened us very often.

Kept mainly to hopeful punts from distance. Good, solid defensive display. There have been plenty of games where you come away thinking 'wow, that was lucky!' but I really would not accept that this was a lucky point in any way.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I was just going to say the same thing...8 shots on target is hardly Rourkes Drift
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Mourinho admitted they 'gave everything possible'.

So, with their - let's say - £100m attack/midfield, they gave 'everything'.

You could argue that our team gave a £100m performance 8-)
Or Chelsea overpaid by £99m !
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

RE the 38 shots, that included blocked shots. Some of which never made it into the penalty area

Its just another useless stat manipulated by the media, to highlight how dominant the big club were, and disguise the fact they couldnt win against a poorer team
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

Fack Off Mourinhio you bell
TonyBooze

Post by TonyBooze »

Did anyone listen to Talksport's Andy Jacobs today. His expected silly rant about Chelski. Following a repeat of BIg Sam's comments about how he loved to see the irate blue's players and manager having a strop following our great point, he said, 'hope they get relegated and relegated again from the championship and have to play Leyton Orient at the OS with 5000 fans watching. It really got to him, how dare we go there and stop them winning, He is everything bad Chelski stand for.

I don't usually listen to him and his Spurs chum, but switched on just as they started and thought, this could be fun following both their team's results last night.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

TonyBooze wrote:Did anyone listen to Talksport's Andy Jacobs today. His expected silly rant about Chelski. Following a repeat of BIg Sam's comments about how he loved to see the irate blue's players and manager having a strop following our great point, he said, 'hope they get relegated and relegated again from the championship and have to play Leyton Orient at the OS with 5000 fans watching. It really got to him, how dare we go there and stop them winning, He is everything bad Chelski stand for.

I don't usually listen to him and his Spurs chum, but switched on just as they started and thought, this could be fun following both their team's results last night.

He's a total cock and moans more than some on here, I even prefer Durham to him, chelski prick,
sion

Post by sion »

TonyBooze wrote:Did anyone listen to Talksport's Andy Jacobs today. His expected silly rant about Chelski. Following a repeat of BIg Sam's comments about how he loved to see the irate blue's players and manager having a strop following our great point, he said, 'hope they get relegated and relegated again from the championship and have to play Leyton Orient at the OS with 5000 fans watching. It really got to him, how dare we go there and stop them winning, He is everything bad Chelski stand for.

Yeah I heard it and had a chuckle to myself, big case of sour grapes. I've also just seen the Sam press conference :lol:
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Pot, kettle and black come to mind Mr Mourinho...

Remember this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 645184.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

If the special one was truly special, he would had this out on the pitch.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/allproduc ... mmerdrills" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

If I ran this country, I would make a law to cut off the hands of anyone caught filming on their mobiles at football games.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

They didn't have 38 opportunities. It wasn't like our smash and grab at The Emirates at all.
Fuertehammer
Formerly Ironwerx

Post by Fuertehammer »

We won the lottery wrong.

Damn that worthless unexpected point we gained.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

BBC Mourinho wrong about 19th Century football

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25958046

West Ham line-up - 19th-Century style in the 2-3-5 formation favoured in Victorian times:

Adrian
Collins, Tomkins.
Diame, Nolan, Noble.
Downing, C Cole, Carroll, J Cole, Jarvis.

Thank you for the compliment you d1ck :lol:
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Jose Mourinho's criticism of West Ham's defensive tactics bring three words to mind: pot, kettle and black

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... black.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup: