West Ham Utd 3-1 Southampton (22/02/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 878 likes

Re: West Ham United v Southampton: Match Thread

Post by mushy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
Suck my throbbing womb-buster you pair of nitwits.
As tempting as that offer sounds, I shall probably pass on that one.
But thanks anyway.,
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

West Ham Matt wrote:You still going to try and get your nuts in RARS, more importantly.
Really, you had to ask?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

The really sad fact of all this is....Southampton is a great club which is poorly supported and those who do follow them aren't really up to the task.

That goes back 40 years.....

We on the other hand are well supported but the club really isn't up to it.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

And of course we let their fans join us...where if you try joining up at their gaff.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... w88cbQRebI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As i have said many time...I have lots of family in Brockenhurst and Fawley from years back when they got the East End folk to work in the Esso refinery and they haven't got many good words about the quality or quanitity of the Saints fans.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Romford wrote:And of course we let their fans join us...where if you try joining up at their gaff.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... w88cbQRebI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As i have said many time...I have lots of family in Brockenhurst and Fawley from years back when they got the East End folk to work in the Esso refinery and they haven't got many good words about the quality or quanitity of the Saints fans.
One of them got the hump that I suggested we might not finish far behind them, and it would be respectable if we did - because they've invested so heavily.

We've always been a club with a decent core of supporters that are "football people" and know a fair bit about the game. Same can't be said for that lot, who can't accept that 3 months playing above themselves doesn't make them a bigger club - much like our poor spell doesn't make a season.
woodford
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

seems to go right through to their podgy faced ungracious manager who still managed to moan about a handball that their own player did
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

wizzo_66 wrote:
One of them got the hump that I suggested we might not finish far behind them, and it would be respectable if we did - because they've invested so heavily.

We've always been a club with a decent core of supporters that are "football people" and know a fair bit about the game. Same can't be said for that lot, who can't accept that 3 months playing above themselves doesn't make them a bigger club - much like our poor spell doesn't make a season.
The worst thing i can say about them is that you can always tell a Southampton fan when they go to an England game....they are clueless, they have to wear Southampton merchandise (which is a total no-no at England matches) and you ONLY ever see one when one of their players has a chance of playing.

We on the other hand have the most fans of any club that follow England...especially away games.

As for our actual teams...yes their academy is doing well currently BUT they still cannot lace our boots when it comes to the History books and bringing players through.

There is not much difference between the current teams in starting Xl (i think with Carroll all season we'd be on the same sort of points) but with their poor home support, they cannot sustain that.
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

The worst thing i can say about them is that you can always tell a Southampton fan when they go to an England game....they are clueless, they have to wear Southampton merchandise (which is a total no-no at England matches) and you ONLY ever see one when one of their players has a chance of playing.

We on the other hand have the most fans of any club that follow England...especially away games.

As for our actual teams...yes their academy is doing well currently BUT they still cannot lace our boots when it comes to the History books and bringing players through.

There is not much difference between the current teams in starting Xl (i think with Carroll all season we'd be on the same sort of points) but with their poor home support, they cannot sustain that.[/quote]

From the eleven that they started on Sat I would take Shaw and Lallana, they can keep the rest. What seems to pass them by is that's four goes at us in the current top flight run of the two clubs and they haven't won a round let alone a bout, and at our place they haven't laid a glove on us at all, that's the measure.
All the rest is b......s.
SDKFZ 222

Post by SDKFZ 222 »

just ignore them, they are this year's Blackpool and Reading along with an identical fan base, stadium and over inflated egos.