Sunderland 1-2 West Ham Utd (31/03/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3151 likes

Re: Sunderland v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by WCpete »

After match tunnel vision. McDonald is an excitable fellow ain't he.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fBo67c ... =youtu.be
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Longneck'd Iron wrote:We had a great result last night.
We booked into the Best Western on the sea front for last nights game (£80 for the 3 of us).
The bar area was an integral pub, it was massive. Anyway, it was happy hour, & you play a game at the bar to win prizes, we ended up paying £6 for 9 pints of Guinness (before happy hour ended).

Getting to the ground, we went to the pay on the door turnstile. As I was paying, an Asian looking guy asked if I wanted a free ticket (he was already in the ground), when I said yes, he then asked if I wanted two!! I took them & gave them to my son & brother (I paid £30). Once in the ground we caught up with him & gave him a score.

What with the 3 points, all in all a fantastic night 8-)
What a cheerful tale!
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Aceface wrote: He played well yesterday but he is a bit of a lightweight in contact areas. When there's a 50/50 challenge for the ball he never wins it
He’s so weak it’s almost comical for a professional footballer.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

saludo de carlitos wrote: "I would love to hear an explaination to how Howard Webb didn't award the penalty. Was it accidental? No. Did Nolan deliberately move his arm to gain an advantage? Yes. Could Howard Webb see it? Too right he could."
- Dick Fitzwell
He is just a awful referee.
To be fair the incident looks quite different in slow motion compared to real time where Nolan is running out to block with all parts of his body moving not just his arms. That doesn't make it not a penalty but nothing like as clear cut as Sky slow motion close up with Nolan having about 10 seconds to move his arm makes it appear.

If you then take into account what other referees do with such incidents and it turns into sometimes given and sometimes not. With video replays for refs it would maybe always be given but we aren't in that situation.
_fortunes_

Post by _fortunes_ »

Our fans at Sunderland :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 871 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Up the Junction wrote:They're a sound bunch on the whole, the Mackems.

They'll disagree of course, but I find the Geordies much the same. Both from good working-class stock.
When we played Sunderland in FA Cup 2001,the round after knocking Man Utd out at Old Trafford, three of us were in the opposite end to the then away end at Stadium of Light. We were drinking inside the ground at the Bar with a few Mackems - they knew who we were and were happy to drink with us before the game. They advised us to keep quiet once the game started mind you, and after 10 minutes we decided that we couldn't keep quiet - a few beers were kicking in - and asked stewards to move us which they duly did.
After the game we bumped into another group of them as were heading back to the car and one of them said good luck in the next round and gave us a Black Cat pin badge as agesture of good luck. Now we all know what happened in the next round, but they genuinely wished us well. They are indeed, "proper" fans and I would happily stand them a drink or two.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRAAHVK7hgo

highlights including the Downing attempt if anyone missed it
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

WCpete wrote:After match tunnel vision. McDonald is an excitable fellow ain't he.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fBo67c ... =youtu.be
forget the OS,Karen bonus should be tied to the tunnel :thup: vision clips being shown after each game, this isnt as good as some of the others but there great to see