PSF: Sydney FC 3-1 West Ham Utd (26/07/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dyl

Re: Sydney FC v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Dyl »

Dyl wrote:We appear to be the only club that never changes. Different players come in but we always look the sane - shoddy at the back, tired in midfield and toothless up front. **** as always.
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil wrote:That sounds much more like a coaching philosophy that needs changing than the players. I haven't seen the game but we've regularly looked ponderous and pedestrian. Judging from these comments, we didn't flatter ourselves in the last game.
Of course it's a coaching issue, we have a ****ing dinosaur in charge. We need a manager like Brendan Rogers who will ship out the **** like Nolan and Carroll and bring an entirely new philosophy to the club.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Dyl wrote: Of course it's a coaching issue, we have a ****ing dinosaur in charge. We need a manager like Brendan Rogers who will ship out the **** like Nolan and Carroll and bring an entirely new philosophy to the club.
You'll get coated for suggesting something so outlandish. Don't you know we're f*cked without the Allardyce/Nolan/Carroll triumvirate?
nzhammer

Post by nzhammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Relax, season hasn't started yet, we'll be alright.

Bit sh*t for the rep, though.
After watching that performance In Wellington , I would not be so sure if I was you! , iv seen some crap from west ham over the years , but that was brainless, gutless dross.
homebrew

Post by homebrew »

Upsets me to say this but, I'm not sure I even give a f*** anymore. Tired of the whole sorry thing. The last good memories I have are of the Redknapp era. Since then it's been Roeder, Icelandic debts, Tevez fines, uncle Avram, a cup final that we should have won but didn't, Zola mistreatment, now this sorry mess and we still haven't learned anything by the sounds of it. Relegate the whole bunch of **** to the bin! You cannot expect to run a club the way we do and get away with it.
VikeltAussie
Location: Sydney, Sydney, oh Sydney said I, I will stand in Moore Park til the day I die

Post by VikeltAussie »

On my phone so I cbf to trawl back to quote it but Fj, I wouldnt be surprised if we had won a few fans purely on the back of our fans. They were magic from start to finish.
And tbh, those are the fans I most want to attract to the club. The ones who see the camaraderie, the passion and the commitment despite the scoreline or football on display and think.. "bloody hell I'd love to be part of that".

Almost as many Geordies in the other end and we didnt hear them once.
120 minutes of Twist and shout and lots and lots of Kiwis were filming us including the coppers!

**** results mind you..
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Good to hear that Vikelt, pleased you lot had some fun.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

This doesn't seem to have been mentioned.
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20140727/ ... 84_4034954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

homebrew wrote:Upsets me to say this but, I'm not sure I even give a **** anymore. Tired of the whole sorry thing. The last good memories I have are of the Redknapp era. Since then it's been Roeder, Icelandic debts, Tevez fines, uncle Avram, a cup final that we should have won but didn't, Zola mistreatment, now this sorry mess and we still haven't learned anything by the sounds of it. Relegate the whole bunch of **** to the bin! You cannot expect to run a club the way we do and get away with it.
Let's not forget the f*** up's and debacles in Redknob's era : Mannygate- How the f*** did that happen ?- The absolute hammerings we sometimes got, 7-1 at Blackburn, 6-0 at Everton, 7-1 at Man Utd etc..etc.etc
nzhammer

Post by nzhammer »

You Aussie hammers did us proud on Saturday, it was great to catch up with some of you..............even meeting someone that went to my old school in Rainham many moons ago...geat stuff!