West Ham Utd 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur (16/08/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Not sure if this is the spot to ask, but ask I will - Can anyone tell me the name of the biggest Spurs fan site(s) ? Cheers !
AndyCarrollsBarber

Post by AndyCarrollsBarber »

http://www.alittleclubinnorthlondon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Spammy The Vee wrote:Not sure if this is the spot to ask, but ask I will - Can anyone tell me the name of the biggest Spurs fan site(s) ? Cheers !
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://spurs-web.com/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spammy The Vee
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Cheers Saludo !
Boleyn Bill

Post by Boleyn Bill »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Don't know much about Utrecht fans Cloggy. But had nothing but positives when at De Kuip in a West Ham shirt. A lot of Dutch fans seemed to like English football, but didn't come across any Feyenoord who had a good word to say about Tottenham.

But it doesn't surprise me. I bet even Top Oss fans think they are *****.
I assume you're not aware of the (nasty) little history there mate?
Boleyn Bill

Post by Boleyn Bill »

bubbles1966 wrote:The esteemed West Ham stats has us close to level pegging/

See here

We were comfortably better than them during redknapp's time here, and we're W4 D 1 L 3 in the last 8, and Bale baled them out once.

They're drifting back to their level prior to our Roeder relegation, whilst we're recovering.
Isn't that 20 wins to 10 in their favour since the premiership started?

The truth is that other than last season we have been far from level pegging for some time bubbles.... Our respective league finishes for the last umpteen years show that. I wonder how we would compare to them if we looked at our respective league position at the end of each season? How many times have we finished above them since the PL began?.... And what about in the all time records? Sadly I think that would paint a picture much worse than the two clubs results against each other and perhaps indicate that we raise our game against them?
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

Only back from Lanzarote watched the game over there it was crying out for zarate for Nolan for the last 15-20 mins fresh legs anf for Carlton I love him but hes finished god love him COYI
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Boleyn Bill wrote: Isn't that 20 wins to 10 in their favour since the premiership started?
Recently distorted by the run at the end of the Redknapp era and relegation.

Prior to the horror of 2002/2003, we were the better team, playing the better football, expanding our stadium while they shrank theirs, usually finishing above them in the league

As I say, the gap is closing once again.

They had a purple patch from when we went down but their team is deteriorating, whilst ours is recovering.

The main gap between Spurs and West Ham lies in stability.

We have had the first tentative signs, this summer, that we're thinking longer term on the pitch.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

[quote="il_martello_di_genovesi"]Don't know much about Utrecht fans Cloggy. But had nothing but positives when at De Kuip in a West Ham shirt. A lot of Dutch fans seemed to like English football, but didn't come across any Feyenoord who had a good word to say about Tottenham.

The Feyenoord thing probably comes from the mid 80's when Tottenham played out there in a EUFA cup tie and got their handbags out and had a bit of a spat.

:o
chykken
Total likes: 1 like

Post by chykken »

I think the problem is, that when $$$ become involved the expectations for the club become equally exorbitant. Spurs seem to have the ambition, which is healthy, but the perception of clubs 'beneath' them is really quite unhelpful. If only football was as easy as having the best Pokemon card deck.

I'm really looking forward to the return match, and I'd punt that we'll see vastly different sides. Hopefully we'll see some on-fire performances from Poyet, Valencia and Andy Carroll by then. We'll need it, as Lloris is quality.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Boleyn Bill wrote:
I assume you're not aware of the (nasty) little history there mate?
Of course.

I also know how much Feyenoord fans were looking forward to playing them before they got chucked out.

I was just having a dig at Lister anyway, at how even teams across Europe don't like them very much either.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

In response to some Spurs giving it large in twitter, a West Ham fan retweeted pictures of our 3 wins last year and those pictures were retweeted by Julien Faubert. Always liked Julien.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Can you hear Lister sing .. Noooooo........nooooooo , that massive club 1 down against Limmasol
pharaoh
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

1-2 now Headbanger