Hull City 2-2 West Ham Utd (15/09/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

UoMHammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham united: Match Thread

Post by UoMHammer »

Is anyone able to post a vine of Sams reaction to Valencia's goal, there was something beautiful about it?
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

speculator wrote:

Because it's no good nicking a point away from home if your losing three in your must win home games.
Spec I doubt Liverpool is a game that we marked as winnable and it certainly isn't MUST win is it?
Hammerted
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Hammerted »

Hammer83 wrote:To be honest if we lose a game we are underdogs in like Saturday v Liverpool it is not going to change our season drastically.We can still have a decent season! which for us our top end range is 8th and a bad season for us would be 15th or lower. We are very likely to finish between 8th-15th regardless of the Liverpool match.It is not a must win home game we are the underdogs a win is a nice unexpected bonus.Must win home games are the likes of West Brom Palace Burnley and all the other dross in the league.
Spot on H83. Let's keep it real guys.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote: 1262 of us there tonight mate .

Do you want your specials delivered or are you coming to collect .

Cracking game tonight .

Their second goal was soft but we played really well in the srcond half .

Didn't hear any grumbles on the way out .

Hope you got on ok at Barts . :thup:
Put it on the tab mate...

I got the OK from Barts....but i feel cack at the mo.

Hope you saw my chaps up there...they had a very good night after apparenty.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

Spec I doubt Liverpool is a game that we marked as winnable and it certainly isn't MUST win is it?[/quote]

A starting point to stay in the league is to win your home games and pick up 3 points. Any away points are a bonus. Liverpool are a team that have just lost at home to Aston Villa and are struggling to beat a poor Bulgaria side who have come from nowhere. They have also played two games to our one this week, so yes, I see it as winnable. As I say, win one lose three is not good business.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

speculator wrote:
A starting point to stay in the league is to win your home games and pick up 3 points. Any away points are a bonus. Liverpool are a team that have just lost at home to Aston Villa and are struggling to beat a poor Bulgaria side who have come from nowhere. They have also played two games to our one this week, so yes, I see it as winnable. As I say, win one lose three is not good business.

lol ok mate, just about sums up fans today for me, a team that came second last year, nearly won the league and we see it as must win.

I've always seen these as one of those, lets go at them we have nothing to lose, sometimes we play at our best like that,they are a top side especially with Rodgers at the helm, with the talent they have in the squad.

I certainly won't be crying saturday night if they turn us over and saying we should have won it, it was a needed 3 points, saying that I'll be bouncing off the walls if we turn them over as we have done "big clubs" at home in the past
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

We've done Man U loads of times so we have nothing to fear in my book. Blow me Ludogrets have just scored so maybe there not the outfit they once was. The horse biter is no more! :)
neathiron
Has liked: 481 likes
Total likes: 336 likes

Post by neathiron »

Will never tire of seeing Valencia's stunning goal from last night. It was a Di Canio vs Wimbledon moment for me, as in f**k me how did he do that. Goal of the season for me, just for the fact he got so much power on it from nearly a stationary position. Thought our 2nd half performance was encouraging for the rest of the season. Well impressed with Sakho, looked very lively, something we've been missing up front for years.
bwbazza

Post by bwbazza »

speculator wrote:

I don't see it that way.
In the money league I don't expect any points home or away from the Top 6 Moneybags.
Anything we get is a bonus

I do expect to get 4 points (win home draw away) from all the others.
That would give us 52 points and a decent season.

At the moment we are 1 point behind my target - and even if we lose to the scousers we will still only be 1 point behind
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

Nearly 1,300 is great support considering.. :thup:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Sky couldn't wait to call it an OG.
I thought it was going in and should have been credited to Sakho. The dubious goal panel could then take it off him in 2 months time if it was going wide.
Crouchend_Hammer wrote: not seen it since last night so could be wrong but to me it looked as though the keeper pushed it out ever so slightly and then it hit Davies and went back towards the goal. if it hadn't hit Davies would it have gone in? i am not so sure. Hope it gets given to sakho but can't see it myself
West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official
GOAL! Diafra Sakho has been credited with our second goal at @HullCity by the @premierleague Goal Accreditation Panel