West Ham Utd 3-1 Liverpool (20/09/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool: Match Thread

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

This morning when I came into work I printed a few copies of the picture with Allardyce celebrating and Rodgers in the background, put them on the desks of the scouse fans in the office 8-)
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

I_Still_Like_Andy wrote: The other danger man is Alberto Moreno; he's been in incredible form down the left. He's incredibly fast and he's got an amazing cross on him (come to think of it, exactly the type of cross that Downing doesn't make but Andy does thrive on). Basically, he's going to make that flank his own, especially against spineless Stewart Downing and whichever right back you go with. Doesn't matter how good the defender is really, he just finds space between the fullback and winger and puts in very good crosses. Other than that, I fear Song and Zarate but that's it.
mushy wrote: Downing by the way has been excellent this season.
I hope he rains all over your smugness.
Am not one of life's gloaters but on this occasion I feel its somewhat justified.
I am glad that the spineless Downing cannot cross the ball or create chances, despite him being the top rated player in that category right now.
You and your smug smarmy manager must have been crying out for someone like the spineless one to help create just those type of chances, if you had kept him you may have stood half a chance.
Personally a little disappointed with him, only made two goals, I was hoping for more.
Thanks for the gift that keeps on giving.
As for Moreno and no full back being good enough to mark him, that old codger Demel showed him a trick or two, indeed I hardly noticed the new wonder kid.
I praised up Sterling before the game, saying he was strong and not a diver.
I got that wrong. he goes down more often then Katie Price.
Credit where its due though, he knows how to win a free kick.
As for Gerrard, am confused, when did he retire from football?
Not been much in the papers down here about it all to be honest.
There, just needed to get all of that off my chest.
Feel a lot better now.
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

^ Mushy...quality son...Quality...
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

At the end of the game on the Sky coverage, you can see a black West Ham player go to the fans and speak to them next to the tunnel and then give one of them his shirt. It was to the right of the tunnel from the camera's perspective, you can see it on the bottom right hand corner of the screen (on Sky) while the digital graphic is on there. Thanks, really desperate to work out who this is...
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Phil S wrote:we kicked the ball out and they gave it back as they should do...anyone see Lambert closing the ball down

I thought...here we go again

c****
Said the same at the time!
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Loved seeing Downing's reaction to setting up Amalfitano's goal - can't find a clip of it anywhere though!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

sjb958 wrote:At the end of the game on the Sky coverage, you can see a black West Ham player go to the fans and speak to them next to the tunnel and then give one of them his shirt. It was to the right of the tunnel from the camera's perspective, you can see it on the bottom right hand corner of the screen (on Sky) while the digital graphic is on there. Thanks, really desperate to work out who this is...
Kouyate :thup:
Estuary
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Best half of football form us since the home second half comeback v Chelsea, but a better over all 90mins. I don't see this performance as a one off, it is very much in line with the Spurs, Palace and Hull performances. Difference was we made plenty of chances and took a good percentage of them, and crucially restricted Liverpool to an exent that we didn't with Hull.
I didn't see Roy Hodgson at the Boleyn, he was due to be there. If he was there he would have seen four English players who should be in the next squad. Downing was the best English player on the park, Noble, Cresswell and Tomkins were also excellent. But will Roy do the right thing by these boys, or keep ignoring them and play round pegs in square midfield holes?
Borini? Is that Italian for diver?
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

i read somewhere that ray lewington was at the ground. no idea if that was confirmed though.

he'll ignore our players though. he was only there for the liverpool ones.
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

WorcesterWHU wrote:Loved seeing Downing's reaction to setting up Amalfitano's goal - can't find a clip of it anywhere though!
Match of the day featured it.
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

djclipz wrote:i read somewhere that ray lewington was at the ground. no idea if that was confirmed though.

he'll ignore our players though. he was only there for the liverpool ones.

He was, in the Billy Bonds lounge prior to the game. No sign of Roy though.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

This game will be particularly memorable... I was following the highlights at my sister-in-law's wedding and as I learned we were 2-0 up I went over to tell one of the other West Ham supporters in attendance, only to later find out I had caught the top of the profiteroles with my sleeve and proceeded to rub it onto the chest of my white shirt as I was looking at my phone...

Lucky I had another shirt with me... Totally worth it though for a 3-1 win against Liverpool. Don't think I'll ever live it down mind you.

Fantastic result and a good performance by all it seems (admittedly I have only seen the highlights unfortunately).
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

Is there anywhere to download the full match as it never recorded on my box!!

:asleep:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

WorcesterWHU wrote:Loved seeing Downing's reaction to setting up Amalfitano's goal - can't find a clip of it anywhere though!
Was a quality moment that, in a game littered with many in fairness. Really pleased for Downing, seems to have found a real spring in his step and enjoying his football. Can only be good for him and us.
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

Clacton, how did your lad get on?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Estuary wrote:Clacton, how did your lad get on?
Loved it thank you, him and his mate both did and were buzzing when I collected them from the train station. He said walking back to the tube there was a little bit of aggro and some West Ham took him and his mate away, so thank you if you are on in here. When he said aggro, it did not sound much at all in fairness, he can be a bit of a tart like that :)

Saturday actually made me rethink coming back to the Boleyn, have not been back since Hull last season, I had had enough. The only downside is upsetting my boys mate who is using my ticket!
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

lewis100985 wrote:Is there anywhere to download the full match as it never recorded on my box!!

:asleep:
I had the same problem and downloaded from the first links here

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0#p4196434
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

Loved it thank you, him and his mate both did and were buzzing when I collected them from the train station.
Thats great. And for yourself, you can take the boy out of West Ham ....you know the rest.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Fortunately Estuary I do :thup:
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

sjb958 wrote:At the end of the game on the Sky coverage, you can see a black West Ham player go to the fans and speak to them next to the tunnel and then give one of them his shirt. It was to the right of the tunnel from the camera's perspective, you can see it on the bottom right hand corner of the screen (on Sky) while the digital graphic is on there. Thanks, really desperate to work out who this is...
If you look at the tunnel vision thread Valencia has no top on walking in the tunnel ....not doubting you Romford