West Ham Utd 2-0 Queens Park Rangers (05/10/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Re: West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers: match thread

Post by The Rebirth »

vind wrote:Saw on twitter that wally downes has left Qpr, not sure if that was recent but didnt seem too impressed
It's because he left that we were so bad last year, our fans are so knowledgeable
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Absentee Hammer wrote:A few weeks ago, when we signed Song, I would have agreed with you that he would be here for a year and we would stand no chance of retaining him, but after reading his comments the other day about the offers he had from other teams abroad and his desire to play in the Premier League again, coupled with, as he put it " I have played in the champions league for the last 10 years, so that is not important to me anymore" I can see him giving us a go, IF we continue to play him in the 1st XI and as a team continue to show our form so far.
Agree.

Gets to live in London, plays every week, team on one of it's periodic ups and just about to move into a 54,000 seat stadium - third biggest in England. Would probably get a very handsome wage.

Let's face it, everywhere except Real Madrid is a step down on Barcelona.

Man City, Man U, Chelsea - off limits. Arsenal - been there.

Who does that leave? Liverpool (ain't London, is it?) or Spurs as an ex-Arsenal player.
HornchruchHammer

Post by HornchruchHammer »

I think a fit carroll has a place in try starting XI tbh. We can't play sakho and valencia every game and its good to change tactics against different teams. As the season goes on people are going to work out how to contain them, so off the bench or a change then carroll is very much a starter in some games and an impact sub in others
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

A good 3 points yesterday.

Anyone know what was up with Collins yesterday ? and when Noble & Demel are due back.

Thanks in advance. :crest:
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

bubbles1966 wrote:

Man City, Man U, Chelsea - off limits. Arsenal - been there.

Who does that leave? Liverpool (ain't London, is it?) or Spurs as an ex-Arsenal player.
I would love us to keep him, just think someone like Man Utd or Liverpool will offer more in the way of wages, and European football (despite what he maybe saying).
Still, you never know.
He is the type of player that would become a cult hero here.
mushy

Post by mushy »

vind wrote:Saw on twitter that wally downes has left Qpr, not sure if that was recent but didnt seem too impressed
The plan was to go three at the back on the advice of Hoddle, who was brought in to replace Downes after Downes was booted out back in July. Clearly a Harry plan that backfired.
Harry seems to have finally lost the plot to me, his team were a shambles and he said after his players were not fit enough. How many coaches does he need to get his team fit?
He even brought on an over weight Taarabt, who looks to me like he has the biggest arse in football.
Fernadez must be close to pulling the trigger.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

Never had any grief with QPR, never hated them as much as Fulham or Chelsea. Always plucky underdogs with the occasional Rodney Marsh Stanley Bowles touch of flair. What has happened to them?

All over after five minutes. We wanted it, they couldn't be arsed. After five minutes, everybody knew. All the players, all the fans, the trainers, the refs, the clueless idiots on motd, even my mum. So no atmosphere is created, no fight no passion, they go through the motions, we probe a bit without actually getting too excited.

Beginning of the second half, Z-man makes an effort, they pick up their game a bit, we step up a gear, 2-0. Game over. "Can we go home now miss?"

QPR have some decent players, but they looked like the most useless bunch of fat gits I have ever seen in the top flight.

I hope (and expect) we buck our ideas up against Burnley, otherwise we won't look too clever.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

M*A*R*C wrote:Never had any grief with QPR, never hated them as much as Fulham or Chelsea. Always plucky underdogs with the occasional Rodney Marsh Stanley Bowles touch of flair. What has happened to them?

All over after five minutes. We wanted it, they couldn't be arsed. After five minutes, everybody knew. All the players, all the fans, the trainers, the refs, the clueless idiots on motd, even my mum. So no atmosphere is created, no fight no passion, they go through the motions, we probe a bit without actually getting too excited.

Beginning of the second half, Z-man makes an effort, they pick up their game a bit, we step up a gear, 2-0. Game over. "Can we go home now miss?"

QPR have some decent players, but they looked like the most useless bunch of fat gits I have ever seen in the top flight.

I hope (and expect) we buck our ideas up against Burnley, otherwise we won't look too clever.

We will beat Burnley mate. They are another, shockingly useless team. Never has there been such an obvious 3-0 away win written all over it
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

M*A*R*C wrote: I hope (and expect) we buck our ideas up against Burnley, otherwise we won't look too clever.
Scored three all season. We should be fine.
mushy

Post by mushy »

[quote="Puff Daddy"

We will beat Burnley mate. They are another, shockingly useless team. Never has there been such an obvious 3-0 away win written all over it[/quote]
Although they will be up for it following their plucky result at Leicester.
Confidence will be high, that was their best performance of the season.
We need to be a little careful, they need to kick on from that.
Having said that I do agree they are rubbish and we should get a result.
We have though lost to rubbish teams before.
Don't let them score early.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Bit harsh on Burnley - they've been without the two guys who actually helped them get promoted. Does anyone know if Ings and Vokes will be back for our game?
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Maybe Ings but not Vokes: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

thejackhammer wrote:

Jenkinson or Demel for the right back position, Nolan, Amalfitano or Poyet in the middle. Sakho's guaranteed a goal, and we're due a clean sheet

2-0, Sakho and Nolan, a good professional performance.
I was close?