Chelsea 2-0 West Ham Utd (26/12/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HornchruchHammer

Re: Chelsea v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by HornchruchHammer »

Without going back over this, i was watching a clip of an arsenal fan tv thing and they mentioned the chelsea school of diving. For me they are an absolute disgrace and one of the worse i have seen in the pre apart from swansea at our place. You can tell costa has been over in spain, dropping to his knees at every opportunity.

The ref fell for it over and over again apart from ivanovic. Top club bias at home from refs is appalling as also Newcastle should have had a pen at 0-0 at old trafford.

Thing that boils my blood is the media never mention it!
Neil
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Neil »

Up the Junction wrote: Didn't take long, did it.
No it didn't UTJ and this post highlights one of the reasons why I, and I suspect others, don't post much

I totally respect that people have different opinions from me and it is good to have healthy debate. But the abuse aimed at the manager, the players and other posters (from both sides of the argument before I get jumped on) just makes it not a particularly pleasant place to be.

Why is it necessary to use such language; I genuinely don't get it
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Billydinho wrote:Why do you think Nolan is a scapegoat?
We all know the reason why.

Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why do we - well, not me, but some of you - need to have a scapegoat in our best season for 30 years?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Neil wrote:But the abuse aimed at the manager, the players and other posters (from both sides of the argument before I get jumped on) just makes it not a particularly pleasant place to be.
Agree 100%.

If we lose against Everton the site will go in to meltdown.

It's so sad.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1105 likes

Post by Rio »

Healthy debate is what makes this place tick. Makes pre & post pub discussions something I love. In the last 24 hours I've found myself embroiled in 3 which have brought me to despair. It's bloody lucky I'm not argumentative!!

On the subject of Costa. Whilst I agree that he's a very good player, and took the goal yesterday superbly. He don't half snatch at a lot and lacks the composure to be a true great. With the service he gets I reckon he should have at least half a dozen more this season. He's a late bloomer, it shows.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Up the Junction wrote: Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why do we - well, not me, but some of you - need to have a scapegoat in our best season for 30 years?
I really don't.

He's our weakest player and shouldn't be a regular in our side.

That's my opinion. I'm not booing him, I'm not foaming at the mouth about his mere existence, I'm just pointing out what I see.

I'm sure many are doing the same.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I can see both sides with Nolan.

I understand the gripes that he doesn't do enough, but find myself frustrated that he is the sole individual that gets picked out when others have been worse (Jenkinson, Noble, Carroll - all contenders in this match).

I also see that he does a steady but unspectacular job of keeping a shape, shutting off space etc.

Yep - I'm sure we could sign someone superior to do that, but I'm not totally sure that they are already here once an injury or two leave gaps.

He isn't in our best XI and is probably on the way out, but compared to a lot that I've seen in a West Ham shirt, he's a solid pro.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Billydinho wrote:

He's our weakest player.
Every side has one of these. He as of course getting dogs a use when he wasng our weakest player.
Babooshka

Post by Babooshka »

I don't really agree with all this "resting players" malarkey.
These blokes are trained and molly-coddled athletes, so if they're fit and ready, then play the best footballing team. That would include Song, Amalfitano, Sakho from the off and Downing in the middle with Kouyate in the Makelele role.

With this set up we could have at least given them a bloody game!
Remember the supporters Sam! - As usual our manager bottles it. - Okay so Chelsea were decent, but we let them play and they took full advantage. It's so annoying...

Disappointed for the supporters :crest:

P.S. When I played, back in the day, it was Friday night training, 2 matches on a Saturday and Sunday morning some weeks and I loved it - If you're a footballer, you can play all day!
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Up the Junction wrote: We all know the reason why.

Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why do we - well, not me, but some of you - need to have a scapegoat in our best season for 30 years?
To be fair UTJ the question to you, as "the boss" of this site, could be why don't you accept that on a forum used by thousands of people that others don't share your opinion of Nolan or allardyce.

Many reasons why we are currently having a good season. Allardyce or Nolan simply aren't the answer to all the reasons and some don't/and will never like either of them. Up to them ain't it?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Up the Junction wrote: Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why do we - well, not me, but some of you - need to have a scapegoat in our best season for 30 years?
We dont need a scapegoat........we just happen to have one, because he is one of our high profile, high earning players that when he isnt scoring goals looks very average and possibly could/should consider himself lucky he is currently in the team at all with the options we have.

FWIW, we finished 5th in 1999, I make that 15 and a half yrs gaffer. :wink:
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

Babooshka wrote:I don't really agree with all this "resting players" malarkey.
These blokes are trained and molly-coddled athletes, so if they're fit and ready, then play the best footballing team.

P.S. When I played, back in the day, it was Friday night training, 2 matches on a Saturday and Sunday morning some weeks and I loved it - If you're a footballer, you can play all day!
:lol:
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Billydinho wrote:He's a bit part player now, a gap filler against easier opponents.
If only that was true, sigh, we have the makings of a really exciting team, Nolan shouldn't be part of it.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

Tenner says Nolan will start tomorrow.
3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by 3times »

Babooshka wrote:I don't really agree with all this "resting players" malarkey.
These blokes are trained and molly-coddled athletes, so if they're fit and ready, then play the best footballing team. That would include Song, Amalfitano, Sakho from the off and Downing in the middle with Kouyate in the Makelele role.

With this set up we could have at least given them a bloody game!
Remember the supporters Sam! - As usual our manager bottles it. - Okay so Chelsea were decent, but we let them play and they took full advantage. It's so annoying...

Disappointed for the supporters :crest:

And that was ' back in the day'!
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

giantsteps wrote:Tenner says Nolan will start tomorrow.
Sadly I think that is probably one of the safest bets you could make.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Is no-one allowed to say anything bad about our manager because we are doing well ?

Even when he makes mistakes.....

:asleep:

The WORST thing about this site is people sitting at home abusing fans who paid to go to a game expressing their opinions.

People call me arrogant !?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Up the Junction wrote: We all know the reason why.

Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why players are under-performing but still getting in the team....and that it cannot be spoke about on a football forum because people who didn't go think that it looks bad.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Billydinho wrote:I really don't.
Good!
Billydinho wrote:He's our weakest player and shouldn't be a regular in our side. That's my opinion.
And mine is that referring to a player with over 500 games' experience in the PL thusly is nonsense.
hammer_lad wrote:To be fair UTJ the question to you, as "the boss" of this site, could be why don't you accept that on a forum used by thousands of people that others don't share your opinion of Nolan or allardyce.
Firstly, bringing my position into play isn't fair as it's utterly irrelevant in this context. Secondly, neither I or any of my fellow moderators (as far as I know) have censored anyone for expressing their view on Kevin Nolan.
hammer_lad wrote:Many reasons why we are currently having a good season. Allardyce or Nolan simply aren't the answer to all the reasons and some don't/and will never like either of them. Up to them ain't it?
Of course. As it's up to others to point out why they feel they are wrong.
Romford wrote:Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why players are under-performing but still getting in the team....
You mention players (plural) ... I'm only reading one getting dug out on a regular basis.

Though of course, that's nothing new ... Upson ... Faubert ... Kovac ... Impey ... ... ... Ayris ... West Ham fans (probably all others too) do love a scapegoat.
DoubleDave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by DoubleDave »

I expect us to win every game we play, and to me that's not unreasonable, if you don't expect to win then why play or go to watch, I know that there are games that it will be harder for us to win, but I expect us to try and win, I expect to go to work every day and try to do my very best and I expect my bosses to try to make our company beat our competition, if not why bother going to work, so I don't buy into the mindset of " well it was Chelsea and we didn't expect to win so we should just write it off and concentrate on Arsenal" hell no it's Chelsea and we should look at beating them......