Liverpool 2-0 West Ham Utd (31/01/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Re: Liverpool v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Major »

Not really as no one has ever really been able to tell me what Kevin Nolan contributes when he has these "OK", "decent", "great" games.

I've heard several interceptions, completing five passes, only being just offside from a flick on, having a shot blocked.

Any more strings to his bow? Surely he can't offer any more than those great attributes?

At least Mark Noble is involved, distributes it well and shows for the ball.

Our team bypass giving Nolan the ball now, because even they realise he's sh*t.
You really are a Doris!!!

Give it a fuckin rest, its so fuckin boring, i think we all get it, you don't rate Nolan. You remind me of my ex missus.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Major wrote:

Give it a fuckin rest, its so fuckin boring, i think we all get it, you don't rate Nolan. You remind me of my ex missus.
She's still at it mate...telling me how you started firing blanks in your mid thirties, everything you did was slow and predictable and all the things you used to do were just a distant memory for her

She was right you just needed to leave and get your mojo back
HornchruchHammer

Post by HornchruchHammer »

I was one of those unlucky ones who trekked up to Anfield on saturday. Here is my view on the nolan debate.

I dont hate him, he should be being applauded for his contribution in our season down and the first season back up. However he is clearly past it and it was so obvious on saturday he stood out like a sore thumb, Yes he put in effort and ran around but he hardly won any balls through doing this.For me he is not a premier league player. I walked out of anfield and i could compute why he had played 90 mins. But every single person i was with wasnt suprised Morgan got subbed despite looking pretty good.

look at it this way: it doesnt benefit nolan being played for 90 mins, hardly touching the ball and being made the scapegoat, it doesnt benefit Sam as its like playing with 10 men and shortens our odds of winning. and it doesnt benefit west ham or the supporters as we dont get the result. I just cant understand it.

Sam being a stats man should take one look at Saturdays stats and say "thats it he just isnt cut out for it". The last 6 games should have told him that. In the past if he wasnt scoring he wasnt doing much but won us points with goals so maybe should have been kept on. When he isnt scoring, so he has no use to us.

Nolan shouldnt be the scapegoat for losing but Sam is turning him into it. It natural people are going to look at a player who made 13 passes and 46% of those went to a blue shirt. Loyalty is a good trait but there must be a time when enough is enough.

He cant be made responsible for losing the game by himself but as i said the odds of us losing go up when he is playing as his contribution is next to nothing. And certain worse than from someone like Zarate. Another odd sam decision.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

I'm as guilty of it as anyone but the Nolan debate is pointless. He's gonna keep playing despite the fact he not good enough. We are just gonna have to wait for his contract to expire.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Has Noble deserved a start after his recent performances though?
20 times more than a certain person who got sent off last season at the same place because he couldn't keep his hometown feelings in control.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I don't know Romford.

Nolan showed greater signs at Bristol than Noble did. Albeit the latter starting on the bench.
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

So Noble has 3 or 4 bad games compared to Nolans 16 months. Hmm, no preferential treatment indeed.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Whufc06 wrote:So Noble has 3 or 4 bad games compared to Nolans 16 months. Hmm, no preferential treatment indeed.
If Sam was going to play a diamond with Song at the base, Downing and Amalfitano on the wings, would you rather see Noble in the AMF role over Nolan?
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

I wouldn't play that way to shoehorn him in
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Edit
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Major wrote:

A "Doris"?

I was replying a post my man, not getting mockney aggressive.