Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Ham Utd (22/02/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Whufc06 wrote:You are aware that all these rants are just your opinion don't you?
My opinion.

Whufc06, be honest with me. At any point of SA's West Ham managerial career have you truly ever, ever accepted him?

Treble over Sp*rs, Promotions, etc...Nothing with applease certain West Ham supporters.Never given a fair chance. Fans lurking, waiting for the slightest mistake.

He was a 'Dead man walking from Day One' IMO
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

I was pretty supportive of him right up to last season. I admit I wanted him gone then because of how negative he was. I have been impressed with him this season. There are still things that I feel let him down (Carroll and Nolan) and I also believe we drop late points mainly due to inviting pressure on. That said the positives outweigh the negatives this season and I wouldn't be upset if he got an extension.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: That is fact. No football fan, from any club in World Football, would want their Manager sacked after stearing them from the League below, to be close to breaking the Top Six in the Premiership, within four seasons.
Funnily enough, if you ask them though, hardly any would want him as their manager.

It's not 'typically West Ham', whatever you mean by that.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Do you ever use that at work 'Use more capitals'? Hope Not
Luckily the people I work with don't feel the need to use capitals to try to make their point.

I think you talk absolute waffle mate .But that's just my opinion, nothing more. I'm sure you're a lovely bloke when you haven't got your head firmly shoved up Allardyces arse.

And what's wrong with being typically West Ham? I love being 'typically' West Ham :scarfer:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

VikeltAussie wrote:This season I've done Leicester, Hull and Man United at home.
I endured Liverpool away, felt lucky walking away from St Mary's, and missed the West Brom game because of the traffic.
Yesterday I finally saw a fighting away performance and away goals.
We were by far the better team and should have put them away.
Our support was top top class.
If any of you were the blokes who helped me up after I crowd surfed and landed 3 rows down on my back during the second goal celebration, cheers!
Pleased you got to see a proper game and crowd at Spurs cobber :thup:

Whufc06 wrote:I was pretty supportive of him right up to last season. I admit I wanted him gone then because of how negative he was. I have been impressed with him this season. There are still things that I feel let him down (Carroll and Nolan) and I also believe we drop late points mainly due to inviting pressure on. That said the positives outweigh the negatives this season and I wouldn't be upset if he got an extension.
Whufc06 :thup:

Total Respect. That's what I'm mainly arguing about is... After this great season I fail to understand how anyone can still be in the 'twist' camp?

The point I'm saying if anyone is still 'twisting' then it's must be because of the 'person' rather than what we have seen, this season on the football pitch??( The progression)
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

Everyone thinks differently though, there's no right or wrong way to think.

Posted in wrong thread
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Let me explain what I mean by that?

1985/86 finished 3rd, instead of investing that summer to 'Go Again' to add a few players to push for the League title, we stood still.Next season I'll think we ended up 17th. F**ked up

Under Redknapp beat Leeds 1-0 + we were a comfortably sitting in the Top Five + in my opinion could have finished top three. Instead of 'pushing on' we sell Ferdinand for £18m. F**ked up.

Under Pardew, reached FA Cup Final + mid table finish. Instead of investing, we standstill + end up with the majority of seasons struggling at the wrong end of the table. F**ked up.

Now 2014/15, we have grown as a club, we have built a team on relatively small fees compared to our rivals. We are touching distance again from really cracking on, to become a Top Six side in my opinion + we want to upset the 'Apple cart' + get someone new in. F**k up IMO

In summary, every time we are touching distance from something really good, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Either lack of investment, Board issues or now to the present day issue, sacking our Manager.

History proves it. You f*** up really bad, it will take a decade or so to get you close to where you once were.It has taken us nearly 10 years to improve from Pardews promotion season.

All I will say to everyone, Please think very carefully about wanting to get rid of Allardyce
All that aside, as this is the match thread not the stick or twist thread,what do you think about Sams substitutions and tactical changes in this match?
Do you think that he got it right?

Coops wrote:
All that aside, as this is the match thread not the stick or twist thread,what do you think about Sams substitutions and tactical changes in this match?
Do you think that he got it right?
Coops I did answer you, but you said I didn't :D

I think the substitution was strange. I am still baffled by it + want him to explain his thinking. Without an answer IMO, I think it was wrong. What I'm saying if SA explains what his thinking was, I might still say I think that's sh*t.

One poster said he was trying to stop the attacking onslaught by putting Cole on, so they would have something to think about on the attacking threat from us, while dropping Sakho +Valencia deeper. It didn't work out but saying that we gifted Sp*rs those two goals, Noble or no Noble.

The point I was trying to say is that if we take the Sp*rs game as a 'whole' , SA tactics, game plan were spot on.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

On the verge of the Top Six in the Premiership, but still not good enough? I'll never understand why People want him gone + you probably don't understand my viewpoint to keep SA for another two seasons.

When it comes to West Ham United, I don't really give a **** if he's a fat sumo Sp*rs fan from North London. As long as he's doing the business for West Ham United, improving us each season...I'd want him to stay.

When the PROGRESSION stops then I don't care if he's West Ham through + through, it's time for him to go( In a reasonable time to judge).
Like Curbishley did Cardiff?

Or do we not mention your hypocritical posting now?
bristolhammerfc

When 'push comes to shove' the fans that dislike Allardyce at this moment in time, have never ever liked him or accepted him as West Ham Manager. All the debate, all the other complaints, finally say like Welling, 'I've never liked SA'

That is fact. No football fan, from any club in World Football, would want their Manager sacked after stearing them from the League below, to be close to breaking the Top Six in the Premiership, within four seasons.

It's madness. It's craziness. It's typically West Ham.
Like you did with Curbishley or are we not allowed to mention your hypocritical posting?
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I still say that it was Noble going off that changed the game not who came on.

It was an unusual substitution in that seconds before Noble made that stupid tackle it wasn't in the minds of anybody, but as soon as it happened you knew it had to be done.

It seems that people who don't like the manager have added this to their list of his transgressions yet surprisingly don't say a word about Noble's stupidity.

Picked up a stupidly soft booking which meant that the tackle which should have been a yellow card had much greater significance than it should have done.

We lost control of midfield because of it and whoever he brought on would not have changed that.

Also had Noble been sent off the going down to ten men would have meant a very different substitution anyway.

10-15 mins to go and Nolan would have been brought on.

sometimes players are just bloody stupid and this was one of them.

bristolhammerfc wrote:
Like you did with Curbishley or are we not allowed to mention your hypocritical posting?
What will even up the comparison between Curbs + Allardyce, if SA sues us for £2m.Then you might get the same response.

Curbs is a Coward with no backbone. He walked away from Charlton not 'because he couldnt take know the Club any further' is that he had to rebuild a whole team as the majority of players were early to mid 30's. He couldn't do it.

What was Curbs European knowledge like? How many players did he pick up abroad?

The largest transfer funds were given to him + he delivered us (As Fans) the most backward, boring, f**king football that I had to witness in 30yrs supporting West Ham.

Bristol + you have the cheek to compare the football under Curbs to the football this season under Allardyce. You must have your Curbs glasses on, be related to him somehow,What is it?

I won't respond again to your constant comparison to Curbs, that's all in your head. I wish a few other Kumbers would back me up on this Curbs issue. Can anyone give an honest assessment of what the football was like? I remember it like a bad dream, it was terrible.

Lastly, Bristol why do you thing that no club has given Curbs another managerial job or do you think the £2m payout, he's comfortable living off that?
bristolhammerfc

You weren't slagging him off AFTER he rightly claimed for wrongful dismissal, you were calling for his head after half a season.

You cited "Long ball football", "Countless injuries" and a "large spend".

Lets not forget that it was the sale of Curbs signings that allowed the club to survive after the Icelandic collapse.

So for the money he spent, his net return is good and we were on the verge of Europe.

I support Sam but lets look at a £14 million Valencia, £15 million Carroll £5 million Nolan, £4 million Creswell, £3 million Maiga, £2 Million Maynard, £7 million Kouyate, £10 million Jarvis, £5 million Downing.

He should be getting us near to Europe.

Your constant whining about people having their opinion is grating. If any posters need reminding of your hypocrisy all they need do is click on your username and search your posts.

You gave Curbs half a season and admitted you didn't want him from the start you wanted Sven, yet you criticise others for not wanting Sam.

Hypocrite
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Yes Old Man of Storr while I totally agree with you, "Say no to bids for Kouyate etc" we all know it doesn't work like that. Champions League clubs enquire, offer huge amounts, player gets unsettled, Gullivans think hmmm big profit, we can find a cheaper replacement. Same with Cresswell, Hendrie on the way, Gullivans think hmmm big profit, Chelski offer 20 mill for Valencia, hmmmm big profit. It's the West Ham way so I think that our strongest lineup v the Filth should be enjoyed while we can especially with the Reid/Song/Jenkinson situation. The fact is we could, just could, be facing another major rebuild in the summer with another five or six players having to be brought in. 85/86 was brilliant, ask anyone who saw it, but the following season it all went to ratshit! Really hope I'm wrong but nothing surprises me and as I've said on here before I am Mr Pessimist with bells on!!!! :scarfer:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by miles »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:The largest transfer funds were given to him + he delivered us (As Fans) the most backward, boring, f**king football that I had to witness in 30yrs supporting West Ham.

I think that was last season.
Whufc06

Post by Whufc06 »

I'd say Curbs last season and Allardyce last season were pretty similar style and injury wise. Curbishley didn't have us flirting with relegation for long periods though from what I remember.

miles wrote:
I think that was last season.
Miles, Curbs total spend not season spend.

Curbs was at the Club six months of 2006/07, the following season 2007/08 + resigned in 2008/09 season.

In that time, what was his total spend? £7.5m for Upson, £6m for Boa Morte, Quashie £1.75m( :shock: ), £6m Julien Faubert , £6m Kieran Dyer, £3m Freddie Ljunberg(How much did we have to pay to finish his contract?), £3m Callum Davenport. All blame Eggy, but who wanted these players? Did he believe in his head that Boa Morte is a £6m pound player? Just the players I mentioned, before wages he had spent £32m+ in roughly 16 months at West Ham.That's ridiculous.

Bristol is trying to hijack the thread talking about Curbs, not talking about it no more. I like to forget his time at West Ham. I've asked him, in his opinion Why has AC not been offered another job as a football Manager? If his time at West Ham was so great( What Bristol says) then should be a queue of clubs after him...why has that not happened?
brun61

Post by brun61 »

Noble was stupid but I don't understand brining Cole on for him, if Noble had got a red card surely the s'#/s player would have had to go as well for violent conduct, also why does Jarvis start running with his head down, by the time he looks up the opponent has gone past & he then runs a semi circle to run back after him