Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Ham Utd (22/02/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by miles »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:Just the players I mentioned, before wages he had spent £32m+ in roughly 16 months at West Ham.That's ridiculous.
And we escaped almost certain relegation, consolidated and finished 10th, then started the next season with a bang playing some excellent football. Fair return on investment I would say. Sam spent that amount alone on Jarvis, Carroll and Downing and we could barely score goals last season. Consistency is not really your strong point is it.
Why has AC not been offered another job as a football Manager? If his time at West Ham was so great( What Bristol says) then should be a queue of clubs after him...why has that not happened?
Far too straight to survive in this crooked world of modern football is my guess.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Cardiff

Bristolhammer is not hijacking this thread and you really need to think about your posting , its been apparent for a long while to a lot of people you are hypocritical in your posting, and to be fair you have brought it on yourself by swamping the forum in every possible thread, pontificating as if you are the pope and infallible

You have in your opinion never been wrong, never apologised when attacking or offending and when pulled up disregarding the advise and grace afforded you by us moderators and throwing it back at us

The fact you do this with mods who agree with your stance on allardyce shows you up and means we will look into your posting as it seems to me you are here purely to get a bite from every post you write

No doubt you'll comepback with some underhand retort to this post

I wont be responding on here or to pm

Im once again asking you to think about your posts and style of them

Thank you
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Sicknote, If I have offended anyone, I apologise to all Mods & fellow posters.

I promise you that I'm posting with honesty + what I believe in. (I might be totally wrong & all that I post is IMO)

It's not my style to try & wind up people. I just see it as healthy debate, on a subject we all love, West Ham United.

I will however watch, how I post in future. :thup:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Allardyce>>>Curbishley for me.

Last season was a nightmare, but injuries played a massive part in that. At times we had no centre backs to the point where we signed Roger Johnson. Did Sam get given a January war chest to help us from relegation?

No...he got a couple of European loan signings...one who was then injured after 2 games. We then survived.

Curbs had a worse position, but was given the money to sign Neill, Davenport, Boa Morte, Upson etc...it also took him a few games to decide to play Green and Tevez...that's when we finally started to improve, because other than beating Man Utd, we went on another run of absolute b*llocks until our 6 wins from 9.

I think overall the football has been better to watch under Sam, I think we are a better team under Sam, and if we continue to have him in charge we will continue to go in the right direction.

As for getting us near to Europe...we were a 93rd and 96th minute goal away from being 3 points off a Champions League place.

I agree with Cardiff for some of his post tbf.

Anyway, don't want to go off topic from this Tottenham thread...

So I'll add in how much I hate the c****. :raver:.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Personally think there are a lot of comparisons between Allardyce and Curbishley - both as people and as football managers.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Injuries screwed Curbs. But then he did sign injury-prone players.

Not that it needs to be discussed now on this thread though. What I would say is that we were woefully short of a decent striker on the bench on Sunday and that's what screwed us.

Bringing Carlton on should have been a sensible substitution, unfortunately he's just not up to it anymore and it left us very short.

You can't go into a Premier League season with only 4 strikers at the best of times. We have 4, one of them has had a lot of injury issues over the last few years and one of whom hasn't looked good enough for a few years now.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Cardiff you haven't offended me. It's all about opinions and without that what have we got, sweet fa! I happen to believe that life under Curbs was OK and I'd take 10th every season. I know all about "pushing on" but being safe in the Premier League is my first priority every August. We're never gonna topple Citeh, Mancscum, Chelski, Arse, Bindippers and the Filth with their spending power which means we're always gonna be looking at 7th tops with likes of Saints, Swansea, Everton etc. Our own little league if you like and if you look at our results our only defeats have come from that top six bunch with Saints and Everton. We have progressed and the summer will be crucial depending on who we have to replace as there can be no repeat of last season and the dodgy position we were in with the OS on the horizon. Incidentally how about someone starting a thread on our preferred opponents first game at the OS. Only one for me, the lucky barstewards of last Sunday!!! :scarfer:
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:He should be getting us near to Europe.
Sorry bh, but i thought he was getting us nearer to European football - 7 points away at the moment, rather than battling in the bottom six.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Turns to Stone wrote:Injuries screwed Curbs. But then he did sign injury-prone players.

Not that it needs to be discussed now on this thread though. What I would say is that we were woefully short of a decent striker on the bench on Sunday and that's what screwed us.

Bringing Carlton on should have been a sensible substitution, unfortunately he's just not up to it anymore and it left us very short.

You can't go into a Premier League season with only 4 strikers at the best of times. We have 4, one of them has had a lot of injury issues over the last few years and one of whom hasn't looked good enough for a few years now.
Strongly disagree.

So the gapping hole left in midfield, shuffling a pack that didnt need changing, dropping the rear guard by 20 yards,complete loss of shape, inviting pressure onto us and somehow the problem a striker on the bench? We were 2 - nothing up, the offensive side of the game would of appeared to of kept its end of the bargin.

As for Cole - Dont remember him missing a header during the short time he was on .... same applies for Southampton away.

We ended up with no forwards and Sakho playing right wing towards the end of the game.

Straight swap for Nolan would of pluged the gap, keeping Valencia on until the last few minutes would have been sensible. If it aint broke dont fix it.

How the hell can you keep 5 strikers happy? especially considering the times we play one up front.

We had 4 strikers at the start of the season plus, Zarrate, Lee and Vaz Te.

Off the top of my head .... Spurs have 3 strikers, Liverpool have 3 with a makeshift 4th, Swansea have 2 .. maybe 3 they use.
sword
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by sword »

Cardiff wrote:I wish a few other Kumbers would back me up on this Curbs issue. Can anyone give an honest assessment of what the football was like?
Yes, it was dire. FWIW, I stopped going after the Boxing Day bore in 2007. At home to Reading 1-1, they had 10 men after half an hour. Now that we're playing decent football again, exemplified by this match, I'm pretty sure I'll start going again.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Curbishley's football was dire but he had his moments, like Reading away for instance.

You're deluded if you think Allardyce is Total Football in comparison.

They're both very bland by nature. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that the worst of Allardyce is far more negative than the worst of Curbishley.

I hated Curbishey. I dislike Allardyce for the same reasons.

Cardiff, what you don't realise is that your manner comes across as if you're right and everyone else is an idiot for thinking Allardyce can be a c*nt.

What I find most bizarre is that you can't see any similarities between the two. I reckon, as a form of torture at Guantanamo Bay, they should get Allardyce and Curbishley to train a side each and make the rest of the inmates watch them play each other.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:Sicknote, If I have offended anyone, I apologise to all Mods & fellow posters.

I promise you that I'm posting with honesty + what I believe in. (I might be totally wrong & all that I post is IMO)

It's not my style to try & wind up people. I just see it as healthy debate, on a subject we all love, West Ham United.

I will however watch, how I post in future. :thup:
Please accept this advice in the spirit it is given. I think you'd be shocked at how ridiculous and pompous your posting style is viewed by others reading this forum. It's a shame because your posting style is rendering your comments unreadable to me. You may be making some really good, interesting points but I'm not going to be addressed like a retard in order to read them. It is not healthy debate to have one poster attempting to dominate the discussion, have your say, let them have theirs. There is no need to respond to every single opinion you don't agree with, no one has to answer to you or justify their opinion to you and vice versa.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Billydinho wrote:
Cardiff, what you don't realise is that your manner comes across as if you're right and everyone else is an idiot for thinking Allardyce can be a c*nt.
Honestly, I really didn't think I was offending anyone TBH. I haven't abused anyone or called anyone a ****. But I will tone down my posts, if it's p*ssing people off.
Kialos wrote:
I think you'd be shocked at how ridiculous and pompous your posting style is viewed by others reading this forum. It's a shame because your posting style is rendering your comments unreadable to me. You may be making some really good, interesting points but I'm not going to be addressed like a retard in order to read them. It is not healthy debate to have one poster attempting to dominate the discussion, have your say, let them have theirs. There is no need to respond to every single opinion you don't agree with, no one has to answer to you or justify their opinion to you and vice versa.

Ok Kialos, no problem. Don't know how to post in a different way, but I rethink my 'posting style'
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

You didn't offend me mate, I don't tend to ever agree with anything you say.

But I can see how you can come across as condescending and aggressive in tone.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Well,your posts have certainly not stood out for me as being particularly different to others.

Didn't deserve that yellow..
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

To defend Cardiff for a second, I think there was a huge amount if (somewhat understandable) negativity on this site last year, some put across in a polite and thoughtful manner, some spurd out aggressively and often without thinking.

I ended up becoming pretty single-minded in response to certain things and I've noticed that I'd become pretty annoying because of it. Defending Allatdyce was a pretty thankless task last year for those of us that stuck with it and it's difficult just to smile and forget about everything etc

Either way, some decent debate.

:thup:
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Didn't deserve that yellow..
,.[/quote]

Just as Noble didn't deserve his yellow, very soft.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

I couldn't believe that what happened to us nearly happened to Man City. I was asking myself what the odds were that a penalty given with 10 secs left could be saved by the goalkeeper, rebound back to the kicker (ie. Messi) , who would then convert it . How he missed that header is quite unbelievable and how I wished Kane had done the same.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Humbug wrote:I couldn't believe that what happened to us nearly happened to Man City. I was asking myself what the odds were that a penalty given with 10 secs left could be saved by the goalkeeper, rebound back to the kicker (ie. Messi) , who would then convert it . How he missed that header is quite unbelievable and how I wished Kane had done the same.
yeah, it's not often that i wish messi played for spuds but here we are.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Who fancies a party?

Post by hammers92 »

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-a ... -planning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This got sent to me. You can download guest invitations for Sunday, party directions and ideas for Spurs themed recipes

I despair