Queens Park Rangers 0-0 West Ham Utd (25/04/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Mile End
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Re: Queens Park Rangers v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by The Old Mile End »

Don't often watch other games anymore - but saw the Everton Man U game last night.

I know they were influenced by the opposition, but, with the same amount to play for, Everton are in a different league to us right now.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Whufc06 wrote:Just watching the highlights on MOTD, what a complete ****ing bottle job Downing is.
helloducks wrote:The kind of performance that says 'I'm off in the summer, mustnt get injured'. Played a ball forward (Noble?) and just stopped running. Even if hes pissed off at the board/allardyce scenario, where's the professionalism? He disgusted me yesterday.
I agree with you both. Downing has been an utter disgrace since Xmas. :thdn:

Ducks, Downing is going no where this summer. Who would sign him? He has done this 'bottle job' carry on for two many times for my liking. He plays 'scared' & defenders know that. Seen him duck challenges vs Sp*rs, Arsenal & QPR(off the top of my head).

My opinion SA should bench him for the last four matches.
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Ducks, Downing is going no where this summer. Who would sign him? He has done this 'bottle job' carry on for two many times for my liking. He plays 'scared' & defenders know that. Seen him duck challenges vs Sp*rs, Arsenal & QPR(off the top of my head).

Agreed... they can both spend the month of May gathering rosebuds as far as I am concerned, for all the good they are doing West Ham United!
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Man alive that was a **** game. Pokey little pitch with a distinct lack of quality. Two poor performing teams.

Plus points were that it was so easy for me to get too and …. Millwall throwing away a 2 goal lead.

Three things I took away from the game;

Never smelt so much **** at a game before. One of the blokes in front of me didn’t stop farting the whole time, my clothes stank afterwards and my nose hairs were burnt.

Saw two of the craziest beards ever, proper Shoreditch styley. It would take me 2 years to grow one that size and wispy, by the time I’d done so it wouldn’t be fashionable anymore.

Saw 2 really fit birds in the west had end and a very sweet Rangers steward.

With all the money Rangers have spent over the last few years, how do you end up with Clint Hill at left back and Karl Henry left midfield.

We were predictably cautious and negative, BFS really don’t help himself.

Burke done well – not an easy game to league debut in but full marks. Adrian MOTM on account of the pen save and a wonderful 2nd half stop (never a foul for their goal though).

Am Noble’s biggest fan but he didn’t have a great game – still had the odd flash though unlike Nolan ….. less said the better. Normal square pegs – round holes from the manager, short arse up front on his own without support – playing his unnatural game, wimpy left winger who excelled in the floating hole gets stuck out right, the one footed right side player gets stuck out without any service. None of these things have worked, the chances of it suddenly kicking into place now is highly unlikely.

Just like the players, I’ve had it with this season – lost complete interest and have my flip flops on.
Last edited by The Sherriff on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O'Briens Hair-Line

Post by O'Briens Hair-Line »

Adrian and Burke made the WhoScored.com team of the weekend. Both put in good performances but was Burke really worthy of getting in that team?
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by Major »

So Downing is the new Grey for you fickle ****ers is he?

You make me laugh, he was a cult hero 1st half of the season, he didn't have a pair of b*llocks then either and he never will have, in fact there aint many of his type of player that does have bottle. He has lost form but that is as much down to Song not being the player he was when he first came and Sahko and Enner not being in the same form either or not being fit together mores the point.

I said when we were 4th that we were a mid table team, when there were threads about Champs league qualification etc, most of you are on drugs I'm sure of it.

Was a poor game Saturday, but i expected little else playing QPR who needed a win but were more worried about not loosing. You all need to get your head out of your arse and understand that we are just about where we should be.

One thing i don't understand is not using Amalfitano, Downing has lost form and i think he could play at the ti as an alternative or a sub, so that does puzzle me. But getting all bitchy girly at Stewart Downing is not the way forward.

Twats
Jarvo

Post by Jarvo »

Major wrote:Twats
:lol:
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

Major wrote:
Twats
Vote Major for Prime Minister :scarfer:
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

I do not understand what is going on with Malfi that game was crying out for him. Its like he hasn't been forgiven for the sending off.
claretchris
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by claretchris »

Marky wrote:I do not understand what is going on with Malfi that game was crying out for him. Its like he hasn't been forgiven for the sending off.
That and perhaps Sam didn't think he should've been given the new contract...
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Major wrote:So Downing is the new Grey for you fickle ****ers is he?

You make me laugh, he was a cult hero 1st half of the season, he didn't have a pair of b*llocks then either and he never will have, in fact there aint many of his type of player that does have bottle. He has lost form but that is as much down to Song not being the player he was when he first came and Sahko and Enner not being in the same form either or not being fit together mores the point.

I said when we were 4th that we were a mid table team, when there were threads about Champs league qualification etc, most of you are on drugs I'm sure of it.

Was a poor game Saturday, but i expected little else playing QPR who needed a win but were more worried about not loosing. You all need to get your head out of your arse and understand that we are just about where we should be.

One thing i don't understand is not using Amalfitano, Downing has lost form and i think he could play at the ti as an alternative or a sub, so that does puzzle me. But getting all bitchy girly at Stewart Downing is not the way forward.

Twats
i sort of agree with pretty much most of that major and was also one saying we were one 'normal' spell away from being mid-table when others were miss-firing (Liverpool, Spuds, even L'Arse). not as fore-sightfull as you though sir.
However regards Downing whilst i agree with your diagnosis as once a shitter always a shitter, it still ****'s you off when he does bottle it, surely? certainly does me.
Major
%&!$

Post by Major »

i sort of agree with pretty much most of that major and was also one saying we were one 'normal' spell away from being mid-table when others were miss-firing (Liverpool, Spuds, even L'Arse). not as fore-sightfull as you though sir.
However regards Downing whilst i agree with your diagnosis as once a shitter always a shitter, it still ****'s you off when he does bottle it, surely? certainly does me.
Mate i agree it does piss me off when any player bottles out, having said that my favourite ever player Dev was not exactly a bruiser either.

What really gets me is the fickle nature and the extreme views by some on here, he is either Messi or a bottle job no mark, truth is he is somewhere in the middle. Put it this way if he had aggression in his locker as well, we wouldn't be able to afford him!!

The other thing that makes me laugh is some of the people abusing him, also have a pop at AC who would have gone straight through Rob Green and the stand to get to that ball. They want a more "attractive" style of football which generally means more players like Stewart Downing and less like Andy Carroll. Truth is they want their cake and eat it, we need a few quid more to achieve that regularly, because believe it or not footballer loose form and you need a squad strong enough for that not to matter. We don't have one, its that simple.
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

^^^^^
or a mini 'squad' of players the manager seemingly wont use.
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Twats
"Bitchy Girly" for saying he doesn't deserve his place?

Nicely argued.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Excuse me but if referring to Dev as in Alan Devonshire please don't insult the player comparing him with Downing he was twice the player Downing is or was.
Alan Devonshire would run with the ball and take quite a few whacks ,get up and be ready to go again and he would put a tackle in.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Downing .

Or play him in his most effective position.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Maybe Morgan won't give up any of his salary to play?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Twats
Powopa Norty post that, Major.
Major
%&!$

Post by Major »

"Bitchy Girly" for saying he doesn't deserve his place?

Nicely argued.
Thats not what you said, you were talking some **** about rosebuds and the other fella used the words disgrace. if thats not "bitchy Girly" i don't know what is.

I agree he should be dropped, or at least subbed once in a while, its the **** that goes with it thats the problem and creating n issue with his courage when its been the same all year and you would have loved him at the start of the season.

you big girl!!
Major
%&!$

Post by Major »

peter49uk wrote:Excuse me but if referring to Dev as in Alan Devonshire please don't insult the player comparing him with Downing he was twice the player Downing is or was.
Alan Devonshire would run with the ball and take quite a few whacks ,get up and be ready to go again and he would put a tackle in.

What part of Downing is average or somewhere in the middle and Dev was my favourite ever West Ham player brings you to think i was comparing them?

All i said is that typically the more flair players don't like to have a fight as well. Dev did get kicked about so does Downing. Dev was a a fantastic player though where as Stewart is just decent.

If you are comparing them twice as good doesn't even come close!