Queens Park Rangers 0-0 West Ham Utd (25/04/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Re: Queens Park Rangers v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Oldun »

kenthammer1984 wrote:why was our only sub Cole for Jarvis? Where were the others?
Because Sam is a stubborn man who won't play certain players.
kesh

Post by kesh »

One of those annoying games coming second at every little flick on, knock down or touch.
Last edited by kesh on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Since Morgan got sent off in the cup game..he has hardly played a game even coming on as a sub?

What is going on...he signed a new contract but still not being played by Sam. Surely this was a game to play as he can retain possession better than most of the other static midfielders. And he is far better than Jarvis.

Must have had a bust up with Sam as I cant see no other logical explanation :eh:
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

bubbles1966 wrote:Plusses: Valencia, Collins. Kouyate, Burke and Adrian.

Full backs good second half.
I think you're being kind. I thought Ginge was horrendous. Poor touch time and time again. Aimless hoofs. Very little distance on his clearances, always falling to opponents around the box. That's not even to mention the penalty, which he probably couldn't do too much about.

FBs were well below their best. Valencia had a couple of nice touches when he was given acres in the last fifteen minutes but was generally poor. Kouyate was largely anonymous and should be fined for that miss.

I'd say Adrian superb. Burke done well for a kid. Cole also deserves a bit of credit.

The rest ought to be doing laps tomorrow.
Henry Wilt

Post by Henry Wilt »

Well pleased for Burke that we had a clean sheet on his debut. I thought he did well although he still ha a lot of learning to do, which can only come with experience against top players. If we can get him in for a few more games this season then maybe he could prove to be a good resource next season without spending money on a CB in the summer.

Adrian.... just quality! :D
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

kesh wrote:One of those annoying games coming second at every little flick on, knock down or touch.
Again 8-)
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

It's games like his that make you realise the reason we've conceded a lot of late goals, and it isn't luck. When you create a team that can't retain possession of the ball, then you're going to allow loads more chances for goals to be conceded at the end when a team is flooding forward.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

'I'm just doing my job', says penalty hero Adrian
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=128475

Queens Park Rangers 0-0 West Ham United
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=128476
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

kenthammer1984 wrote:why was our only sub Cole for Jarvis? Where were the others?
I'm glad he didn't make more because in the past they have handed the initiative to the opposing side a bit like when Bobby Charlton was taken off against Germany in Mexico.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Adrian had a great game, but I actually don't think the penalty save was the reason for that - it was a howler from Austin, Adrian couldn't have got out of the way of it if he tried.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not at our best today .

Good day for Adrian and Burke .

Very ordinary day for the rest .

This is what happens when the players perceive the Manager is a dead man walking .

the lack of application was shocking . The standard of passing poor . Players looking like strangers .
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

Been through this type of West Ham season many times in 50 years as a Hammer.....but never under such a pompous, self inflated, egotstical, hugely overpaid, one dimensional excuse of a manger.
I never wanted him at the club and I posted a month or so ago that I do not want him at the club any longer but only if the right man is available, I have chanfed my mind, I just want the wrong man out amd worry about the replacement after.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

Sam says we were unlucky not to win in the last 15 minutes and that we had 4 good chances (a few one on ones with goalkeeper) if the final ball was better. Didn't see the game so was this a true reflection?
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Some of the criticism on here is more than a bit harsh. QPR needed the points a lot more than we did and they're not a bad side going forward. We were much worse against City and Stoke :D

Adrian had another great game, Burke did well for the first 80 minutes as did the rest of the back four .... other than Ginge giving them a penalty.

I thought Nolan had a decent game, Downing was better in the second half once he moved in and Valencia, Cole and Kouyate were OK. Noble, on the other hand, was ****ing awful again. Other than the hospital pass he gave Nolan, I lost count of the times that he put the brakes on otherwise decent counterattacking chances.

My view is that our results this year have largely been down to Noble and Song losing form. Most of our attacking play goes through one or other of them and when they're crap, we're crap.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

We are so flat at the moment and lack creativity and it's not just the players, its down to the manager as well. He isn't mixing things up, changing the game or adding something that might give us an edge.

Both teams were poor and it was a crap game of football....I'm absolutely baffled by the one change. Once again we have Nene and Amalfiltano on the bench and he refuses to use them. He reverts to type constantly and is too stubborn to change it. When he changed the formation he could have dragged Nolan off and been a bit more positive, I'm just struggling to get any enthusiasm at the minute.

Two wins since since Christmas.... :fsake:
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

On train back

'Only here for the fair play '
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Clucking Bell wrote: Noble, on the other hand, was ****ing awful again. Other than the hospital pass he gave Nolan, I lost count of the times that he put the brakes on otherwise decent counterattacking chances.
Yep, awful

There was one moment where he got the ball in his stride to run goalwards and he checked the other way... Where there were loads of QPR players and no one out wide. It just totally killed the momentum....i find him very frustrating at times, he makes bad choices.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

It will be a brave manager to drop Noble but he is just far too slow and the opposition hone in on that weakness (especially when he tries to turn with the ball). Passing (sideways) is normally okay but his 'corners/free kicks' are cack plus he never seems to shoot. Sorry to say , but even if he is a loyal player, he shouldn't be guaranteed a first team place on these past performances (Downing too). We need 5/6 athletic squad players who can close down opposition, have stamina to last 90 mins and run/turn a little faster than my old gran. Oh and also be able to shoot !!!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

I actually thought Nolan was our weakest link today & he uncharacteristically looked like a player not into the idea of getting a card or injured, rather than his usual shouty self

Genuinely gotta wonder if it's just all about that fair play at this point
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Now I realise what we've been up to. No risky tackles, a minimum of yellow cards and hey ho Europe here we come! I'm already getting txts to the effect what are you moaning about Sam's taking you into Europe! Bloody unbelievable and bloody embarrassing too, 10th to 12th and a European place and a season starting god knows when. Sorry I don't buy into it at all but it's only my opinion after all!!! :scarfer: