West Ham Utd 1-0 Burnley (02/05/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Burnley: match thread

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Perfectly true Kialos... :clap:.

I think he's shown plenty of ability and a high work rate. Chipped in with some goals, and some of this from the wrong position. I know he hasn't been perfect, and has had his fair share of sitters, but overall I think he has shown enough.

Think it's worth nothing how many times we have conceded when Valencia goes off aswell. The constant pressure he applies and the fact he doesn't stop running is a massive asset. He can cause defenders a nightmare by constantly running at them or towards goal.

I agree with Crouchy, Cole and Valencia would've worked well IMO.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Perfectly true Kialos... :clap:.

I think he's shown plenty of ability and a high work rate. Chipped in with some goals, and some of this from the wrong position. I know he hasn't been perfect, and has had his fair share of sitters, but overall I think he has shown enough.

Think it's worth nothing how many times we have conceded when Valencia goes off aswell. The constant pressure he applies and the fact he doesn't stop running is a massive asset. He can cause defenders a nightmare by constantly running at them or towards goal.

I agree with Crouchy, Cole and Valencia would've worked well IMO.
Agreed.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Kialos wrote:Valencia's "sitter" yesterday would have been easier if the ball had been crossed in front of him rather than behind.
It wouldn't have reached him. The defenders would have cut it out. He only got the ball as it was played behind the defenders running back towards the goal.
Ali888

Post by Ali888 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Carlton and Valencia would have been a perfectly decent front 2 yesterday, enabling both to play to their strengths
On Saturday, I thought that Carlton and Nene looked like they were beginning to form a useful partnership.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

well i thought it was a terrible game and the atmosphere was awful and it was probably the last time i attend a game at the boleyn with my son as he is going next year with his mates and not me.

i wished i hadnt of bothered and stayed at home painting the garden fence instead !