Aston Villa 1-0 West Ham Utd (09/05/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Whufc06 »

Scratch your head all you want....
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

As bad as Nolan is the one player that most epitomises our woefulness at the moment IMO is Stuart Downing.

Absolute pathetic bottle job, hope we get rid soon.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Nene and Cole up front says it all really.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

From Devonshire to Bambi On ice, Stewart Downing - My 2014/15
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Downing has been poor, but hes been rewarded for his fine form by being put back out wide. His drop in form is a huge indication of what type of football we have resorted to. And sadly, in this system, the alternative is Jarvis. Valencia is struggling to get high enough to reach Collins' launched balls, I dread to think how sad it will be to watch Jarvis slowly float one 10ft above Enner in the box.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Jumby wrote:From Devonshire to Bambi On ice, Stewart Downing - My 2014/15
this! bootle job numero uno
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Very poor goal to give away.

People not switched on enough.....

Downing needs to learn that running alongside an opponent is not 'doing his job'...

Block the cross FFS! :oops:
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Jumby wrote:From Devonshire to Bambi On ice, Stewart Downing - My 2014/15

Woeful in 2015. When does his contract end?
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

So disapointed with Saturday. We could have really took the wind out of their sales. Villa were poor but we was worse, especially in the first half. We let that stringbean Jack Grealish run riot with his socks around his ankles and picked up their man of the match.

Even an off-form Song would have been better than some of the spineless performances over the last few games. He changed the game on Sat. I would keep him if the opportunity is there. Let Nolan go on his 50k per week and if Song wants 100k then pay the extra.

If that comment about the fan going over and being racist to him after he approached the young fans - I am embarrassed. Others, including Noble and Downing cleared straight off down the tunnel, and thats the thanks Song gets.

Also, did anyone see the bloke in the Witton clearing all the 'curtains and braces' kids off the tables for throwing their drinks everywhere when singing 'lets go f**king mental?' Gorilla palmed about five of them that were standing on tables. See ya...
w4hammer

Post by w4hammer »

Also, did anyone see the bloke in the Witton clearing all the 'curtains and braces' kids off the tables for throwing their drinks everywhere when singing 'lets go f**king mental?' Gorilla palmed about five of them that were standing on tables. See ya...

_____
curtains & braces - you've lost me there...

as for the beer chucking ****..a clip round the ear is the least anyone should get.
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

yeah sorry I could've worded that better. Was aimed at the 15/16 years olds with braces and curtain hairstyles, p**sed out of their faces stood on table lobbing beer everywhere. Wasn't a dig at the bloke, just was funny to watch as he was a monster compared to the younguns who got their arses handed to them
w4hammer

Post by w4hammer »

BarryGreen wrote:yeah sorry I could've worded that better. Was aimed at the 15/16 years olds with braces and curtain hairstyles, p**sed out of their faces stood on table lobbing beer everywhere. Wasn't a dig at the bloke, just was funny to watch as he was a monster compared to the younguns who got their arses handed to them

ahah i think we saw them wandering around birmingham new street early doors....they looked like they had peaked early..;-)
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

richiepap wrote:QPR capitulation at this moment - disgraceful effort (if you can call it that) by their players. Glad it wasn't us!!!
Yea can you imagine? Getting stuffed 6-0 at City. Glad that's something we wouldn't do - not under Sam!
Oops! Forgot about that one but weren't we hampered by lots of injuries at the time? Even so, I doubt even a reserve side would have capitulated as badly as QPR to stay in Prem.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

w4hammer wrote:ahah i think we saw them wandering around birmingham new street early doors....they looked like they had peaked early..;-)
Some of those young lads were in a right pickle

I must have heard over a 100 renditions of that Aaron Cresswell song. Had it in my head all day yesterday.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Humbug wrote:QPR capitulation at this moment - disgraceful effort (if you can call it that) by their players. Glad it wasn't us!!! We just need about 5 good players in midfield and attack. So far, we've done okay with a weakish squad (and I include Nolan,Cole,Jarvis,Song,Amalfitano,Downing,Nene and Noble as all mediocre type players). Sam has actually done okay keeping us in the Prem with this squad (albeit with limited funds) but time to get 'better/fitter/mentally strong' replacements.
I hate having to agree with those sentiments, but I will. I always judge our opposition by how many of their players I'd want playing for West Ham. Yesterday I think it was more of theirs than it was of ours, that's not good.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Classic case of Villa wanting it more than West Ham, they worked halrd with and without the ball, while we couldn't keep it when we got it in their third. The changes at half time brought us back into the game a little, but we still didn't threaten the Villa goal.
Typical end of season game with nothing riding on it. I felt for the 3000 who went up to support the team.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

w4hammer wrote:Also, did anyone see the bloke in the Witton clearing all the 'curtains and braces' kids off the tables for throwing their drinks everywhere when singing 'lets go f**king mental?' Gorilla palmed about five of them that were standing on tables. See ya...

_____
curtains & braces - you've lost me there...

as for the beer chucking ****..a clip round the ear is the least anyone should get.

And stick thin as well I would be surprised if he was more than 16 years old but at least he and his mates tried to create an atmosphere, though I don't agree with the beer chuckin nonsense I do smile though when they sing One man went to war etc though mind you no different than some of there's next to us , although it Wasn't particular cold Saturday one of their moody 16 year olds with his baseball cap and aquascutum scarf up around his spotty face was particularly scary.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Humbug wrote:
Oops! Forgot about that one but weren't we hampered by lots of injuries at the time? Even so, I doubt even a reserve side would have capitulated as badly as QPR to stay in Prem.
Does staying in the Premier League mean more than reaching a Wembley final?
Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Suffolk Iron »

ahah i think we saw them wandering around birmingham new street early doors....they looked like they had peaked early..;-)[/quote]

They were doing the Columbian marching powder in the Witton Arms both before and after the game.