West Ham Utd 1-2 Everton: match thread (16/05/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote:The mob were crying 'Sam out, he doesn't play the young players in the end of season games where it doesn't matter if we lose'

Sam plays young player, player makes mistake, we lose.

'Boo, Sam out, it's the results that count'
Yep, change the 'goalposts' when it suits.

As you know we never had a season prior to Xmas. We have only played since January.

Tbh if SA wants to stay, I think he's f**king mad. I'd be off asap.

Let's see how well the next Manager gets all. Good luck to the fella.

This squad still needs a lot of improving in terms of quality but some on here thing we are the finished article. We are far from it. Our squad is still very weak & still has loanee players & Sullivan specials in the squad.

Whoever takes over this summer, the 'transition' will f**k us.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

I think the fact that BFS is going has transmitted itself to the players recently the performances have been shocking
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2355 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

The disgraceful thing is that from 70 minutes in only one team wanted to win that game, and it wasn't the one managed by Allardyce

He should be relieved of his duties immediately so he has another sacking on his CV. We don't need him for next week for the game between the two worst managed teams in the Premier League
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Sooner the fat headed, gum chewing, dinosaur **** is gone the better.

I don't ****ing care if we do go down next year, the negativity is ****ing depressing.

I backed him until Burnley, but that game and today's has done for me. We have a break on ( in fact lots of them) and we stop and hold the ball, that's not the players it's the coaching. In fact whoever is blaming the defence for the goal is blind. Noble cost that goal by being negative at there end allowing them to break, we should have be 2 up not level.

Sam has ****ing ruined him as well if you ask me
Crouchend_Hammer

Christ Major. You have changed your tune! You will be agreeing with me that Carroll is pony soon
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Its not actually Major. I heard that Gus Poyet stole his log in.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Has there been a more disappointing end to the season (and it is finished, forget about the Newcastle game).

Didn't even bother to stay for the walk of shame, though I did stay to see Lukaku's usual mugging of our defence.

What a pile of old Image
Crouchend_Hammer

Sauce! wrote:Has there been a more disappointing end to the season (and it is finished, forget about the Newcastle game).

Didn't even bother to stay for the walk of shame, though I did stay to see Lukaku's usual mugging of our defence.

What a pile of old Image
Did anyone stay? I felt bad not staying to give Sir Carlton a send off that he richly deserved, but couldn't give a flying one about any of the others (except Demel)
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

And look at Palace.
Going at it hell for leather. And winning at Anfield........Finally I say twist!
:twisted:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Major wrote:Sooner the fat headed, gum chewing, dinosaur **** is gone the better.
:o
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

I normally stay for the last home game end of match walkabout (even the 0-3 v Sunderland when we had already been relegated by Uncle Avram) but the inevitability of our collapse against the Blue Scouse was the last straw.

At least CC got a standing ovation when he was subbed, along with a chorus of "Always Believing..." :thup:
Crouchend_Hammer

It was a disgrace he got subbed anyway
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

European football, don't make me fkn laugh....not even top six of the Championship standard at the moment...
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

We'd better not accept that fair place spot. It's genuinely embarrassing. We're not good enough to get into the top half of the table, but we get rewarded for essentially not being a physical enough side. And people wonder why the Europa League is a joke.

Thank goodness we don't have to play Palace anymore. They'r roll us by a hatful.
Last edited by WCpete on Sat May 16, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

christ we're in a right old pickle - ffs bring in Rafa or Slaven asap
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Major wrote:Sooner the fat headed, gum chewing, dinosaur **** is gone the better.

I don't ****ing care if we do go down next year, the negativity is ****ing depressing.

I backed him until Burnley, but that game and today's has done for me. We have a break on ( in fact lots of them) and we stop and hold the ball, that's not the players it's the coaching. In fact whoever is blaming the defence for the goal is blind. Noble cost that goal by being negative at there end allowing them to break, we should have be 2 up not level.

amen, far too slow
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1916 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

The last home game of the season in the Spring sunshine is always an important date on my calendar.

We are either safe, relegated, fighting relegation or pushing for promotion. Regardless, it's always a high octane fun day out. I have memories of going down to Liverpool, going up against Cambridge, Frankie Mac getting a meaningless but joyous hatrick, saying goodbye to Tevez...

Today was the first time I left at the final whistle and when I left there wasn't a lot of love or fun around. This time next year promises to be the most emotional day of my time supporting this lot, but today was like a date if the freezer aisle at Tescos.

I knew that it would be an ignominious end to Sam's tenure at the BG today. Shame, everyone deserved more than that.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

To be fair to Major, although he is happy to chuck all sorts our way, he has backed manager after manager through the good and the bad.

Quite a statement, and true.
Jayhammer

Post by Jayhammer »

Do we not learn? Stop the ball from being put into the box!! How many goals have we conceded from cross's this season?
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

It's great that the gaffer has added a bit of steel to our side, no more soft touch of old etc . . .