ELQ1: West Ham Utd 3-0 Lusitanos (02/07/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Re: West Ham Vs Lusitans ( First Leg ) - Match Thread

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Any hint yet on sending the same lads out to the mountains?
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Prawn wrote:
use this youtube link mate;

watch?v=qGz6JnaP7U4
Cheers, fella.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

I'd say this was why the Lucy coach was p1ssed off

Patito

Post by Patito »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:Any hint yet on sending the same lads out to the mountains?

Think Westley alluded to this in his post match presser, seemed to be saying that Bilic will be with the first teamers training whilst Westley will take the team to Andorra.
Rainham_Hammer

Post by Rainham_Hammer »

morganwhu wrote:I literally fell in love with the young lady (24-26) behind me.

Didn't give her my best game as I weren't sure if she was with her parents and brother or boyfriend.

I think I heard that was their new season tickets so I will be analysing the situation in more detail as the season progresses.

:wink:
You were not, by any chance sitting/standing in the STBL right next to the chav corner, were you? if so... i may have clocked the both of you
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Hockley Hammer wrote:To be fair the terrible clearance was the result of an awful back pass that put the keeper under pressure when there was no need to. He had to keep an eye on the ball, decide if to let the ball bounce and keep an eye on the players around him. he did the first part ok but panicked for the clearance, but it wasn't simple. I actually though he was in trouble as soon as the ball was heading towards him. it was a terrible back pass.
I can only remember him having 4 things to do in the game - that clearance, 2 crosses and giving the crowd a wave. He did at least manage the wave successfully :wink:

His distribution from throws was pretty good, but he looked well dodgy under crosses.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Kludgehammer wrote:........ but he looked well dodgy under crosses.
That'll be the effect of the Jesus beard then! :D
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Just to say I think that was the best £10s entertainment i've had in a long while. Utterly good fun.
And I cant recall the last time I've watched WH and spent more in the pub than on the match day ticket!

well done all.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:. Good to see Sakho has not lost his touch in front of goal - reckon he could bag 20 this season if he stays fit.
Think he could get a cheeky 25-30 goals this season... yeah sounds like a day dream but he has 2 already.. if he gets 1 next week in the return leg and carries on this form throughout the qualifying phase he could end up with between 5 - 10 before the real season has even kicked off!

He is also gonna have even better service this season
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

That was a thoroughly pleasant evening and it was good to see the young'uns looking so promising and soaking up the experience of playing in front of a full-house. That won't do their development any harm at all. From where I was sitting in the BMU I thought Poyet had a very good game and didn't put a foot wrong. I mention him alone because he seems to have got quite a bit of stick on this thread but I certainly don't recall seeing more than a couple of his passes fail to find their man all game.

Just one other point mentioned by Derby Hammer which nobody has commented on and that was in relation to the new ball. It was nothing to do with your feed DH, that ball when it moved looked to me like it had been scuffed or sliced every time, the way the irregular asymmetrical markings looked as it rolled ... I hadn't thought of it but your description of it looking like it had a weight in it is bang on I reckon. It was really quite distracting and I'm surprised no one else remarked on it.
Derby Hammer wrote:Dunno if it was the poor quality feed, or not. But that multicoloured ball was doing my nut in. Looked like one of those balls with a weight in it that wobbles all over the place.
lake1986

Post by lake1986 »

What did the ball boy do last night? missed that bit :(
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

lake1986 wrote:What did the ball boy do last night? missed that bit :(
I think he perfectly controlled a ball out of the sky and got a big cheer
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

nickkarkie wrote: I think he perfectly controlled a ball out of the sky and got a big cheer
T'was an excellent touch. :lol:
sw3hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sw3hammer »

followed by classic 'sign him up' song.
was v funny
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Really enjoyed last night. As mentioned the ball boy's control and then subsequent "sign him up" chants, the ole's when Andorra passed the ball in the 2nd half and boo when we intercepted it :lol: The reception Bilic got was brilliant. Bubbles before the game was very loud too (got a video, which I'll upload later). I liked the 'FIFA style' shoot from kick off by the Andorrans, and then Morgans long distance effort which was tipped over. I missed what happened with their keeper in front of the Bobby Moore stand, but it was fun to see the reception he got after. Ashame about the timewasting tactics Lusitans employed. Got my ticket for next week, and I cannot wait to follow West Ham over land and sea!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Richard, you were probably about 5 seats to the right of me, judging by your picture.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

BrownFatwa wrote:Just to say I think that was the best £10s entertainment i've had in a long while. Utterly good fun.
And I cant recall the last time I've watched WH and spent more in the pub than on the match day ticket!

well done all.
Exactly my thoughts and exactly the right approach. I can't believe people treating this like mid-season premier league game.
It was a lot of fun and players put in enough effort for a comfortable win. It's like a pre- pre-season friendly. Most of them still had sand between their toes from the beach. Lusitans were dreadful but they were also very focused and quite nasty, our lot handled it fine and it was great to see so much young talent getting a run out.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

I just want to say what a miserable churlish twat Lucitrans manager made himself look with that totally uncalled for attack on Slaven Bilic.

Does he not realize that Slav has just stepped into the job, has his players split between England and Ireland, needs to familiarize himeself with his squad, determine where the squad need s strengthening and identify a selection of possible acquisitions and involve himself in the pursuit of of them, and generally prepare for the start of a tough premier league season. Thankfully one area he hasn't had to worry about as it was going on from before his arrival, was planning for the first game against Lucitrans which was undertaken by Terry Westley. Far from being disrespectful, Slav showed respect to TW by allowing him to finish what he'd started without having his position undermined by the gaffer looking over his shoulder.

If Rora felt that his team hadn't been shown the respect they deserved surely the remedy is to ram any lack of respect down our throats on the pitch. The fact that they lost by three goals and it could have easily been more while threatening very little themselves, suggests to me that they were afforded all the respect that was due them.
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

morganwhu wrote:I literally fell in love with the young lady (24-26) behind me.

Didn't give her my best game as I weren't sure if she was with her parents and brother or boyfriend.

I think I heard that was their new season tickets so I will be analysing the situation in more detail as the season progresses.

:wink:
Rainham_Hammer wrote:You were not, by any chance sitting/standing in the STBL right next to the chav corner, were you? if so... i may have clocked the both of you
Haha yes I was.

Row Y in a white shirt..... was it that obvious?
dtp2

Post by dtp2 »

Billydinho wrote:Richard, you were probably about 5 seats to the right of me, judging by your picture.
Were either of you the drunk bloke who was getting agitated with Poyet for his constant sideways passing?