PSF: Peterborough 3-3 West Ham Utd (11/07/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

valzy

Re: Peterborough Vs West Ham - Match Thread

Post by valzy »

I'm Nolans biggest critic and whatever happens he is nowhere near a PL footballer.....but totally disagree with criticising players in pre match friendlies.
People may be desperate for football but match threads for pre season friendlies is wrong and allows people the chance to criticise.
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

Some good things out there. Samuelson in particular looked to be a very intelligent player.

But disappointing that we conceded 3 goals. A PL team, and at that time it was largely a PL team, shouldn't concede 3 goals against a Div One outfit, even in a friendly. But hopefully Bilic, who was watching, will have learnt a few things which can be addressed in the next few warm up games.

And good to actually look forward to a game again after the way last season just fizzled out after a good start.
ereader
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ereader »

Crowd yesterday just before sahko scored https://youtu.be/rGU0fjay9Aw
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Noble was superb, however much stick some here give him, under Slav I believe we will see a different Noble, Cresswell is class, good warm up.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

In last seasons pre season, Jarvis largely overshadowed Downing and was probably our best player. Noble was awful. Moral to the story - It's a training exercise, and is not a proven indicator of how any individual is going to perform once the season starts, or how the team as a whole is going to perform. Just enjoy watching them but don't over analyse.
madhammer
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by madhammer »

jaybs wrote:Noble was superb, however much stick some here give him, under Slav I believe we will see a different Noble, Cresswell is class, good warm up.
Agree, completely was interesting to see him play at the base of the midfield with Obiang ahead of him. Watching Bilic on the touchline too you really got the impression he sees Noble as a key part of his team, dictating and directing play from deep.

In fact given that one of my key priorities in a new manager was a coach who could develop our players it was really interesting to watch Bilic talk Noble, Reid and Cresswell through the game at times and the young lad Samuelson.

In fact you could noteably frustrated at some of the long hopeful balls played forward and after he took Reid and Collins aside to tell him this, you saw Reid stepping out with the ball more. Still a few hopeful punts from Collins and head shakes from Bilic which makes me think Ogbonna is more likely to be partnering Reid or Tomkins
EssexHammer1994

Post by EssexHammer1994 »

Such a shame to see what their away end terrace has become.

One of my favourite away games was when we played there a few years back. The only time ive watched west ham play a competitive game standing on a terrace
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

Iht the young lad Pike at right back looked good. We should introduce him a fair bit this season, or get him a worthwhile loan. He got forward well and put himself about a fair bit.

Was suprised at how few Peterborough fans there was.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

Could somebody who was there please fill us in on how Maiga did?

From following the text updates and watching the highlights he seemed a bit anonymous.

And with suspensions and injuries, it looks like he and Lee are our only fit strikers and may start on Thursday.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I really want Modibo Maiga to come good, its 99.9% likely he won't. But he always has a sad face on him and i just want to give him a big hug for encouragement!!
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

M*A*R*C wrote:Could somebody who was there please fill us in on how Maiga did?
Sorry to have to say this but he was anonymous and certainly didnt look like he was trying to impress the new manager and get a place back in the first team.

Maybe its a lack of fitness but he was slow in mind and body. He was caught in possession on more than one occasion and on this cameo I think he will be gone before too long.

The youngsters like Samuelsen were much more impressive.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

M*A*R*C wrote:Could somebody who was there please fill us in on how Maiga did?

From following the text updates and watching the highlights he seemed a bit anonymous.

And with suspensions and injuries, it looks like he and Lee are our only fit strikers and may start on Thursday.
he made one really bad pass but he was involved in one of the goals, possibly in the build up to one of the other ones too i think?
he was coming deep to pick up the ball and knock it around, did that pretty well I thought.
There wasn't really a hell of a lot to feed off for him i dont think. I think he offers enough to be a back up to be honest, in Carltons role
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

I remember attending first pre-season game last year, away at Stevenage

After that game I came away convinced we'd signed a duffer in Cresswell, he looked awful in his 45 min run-out. He was fantastic last season.

Don't look too much into these early friendlies