PSF: Colchester Utd 1-0 West Ham Utd (21/07/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bullyhammer

Re: Colchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by bullyhammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:[que="Yea Why Not"]Let's hope we play a few of the big guns vs Charlton on Saturday![/qte]

its not likely though.... is it ?

would rather we played a stronger squad in malta than charlton
But Payet and Sakho will probably play Saturday as they are banned from The Europa.
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Re: Colchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Kermit »

Chard wrote:It wasn't advertised as a West Ham XI game. It was advertised as Colchester United vs West Ham United in the same way that Saturdays game was advertised as Southend United vs West Ham United.

Its understandable that we played a weak team given that we have a competitive match 2 days later but I at the very least expected 2 or 3 "fringe" players from the first team squad and I also expected Bilic on the touchline.

£15 was a piss take.
I'd imagine the promotion/advertising of the game would have been down to Colchester. It would have been obvious to most Hammers fans that few, if any, first team contenders would be there because of the game in Malta.

And imo £15, even had we sent the complete first team, would have been a joke for a friendly match. Blatant profiteering from a club who no doubt also made a fortune by charging exorbitant rates to park in their car park. £5 last time I went as I recall.