PSF: Norwich City 0-1 West Ham Utd (28/07/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ricardo

PSF: Norwich City 0-1 West Ham Utd (28/07/15)

Post by Ricardo »

Address: Carrow Rd, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 1JE
Capacity: 27,244
Opened: August 31, 1935
Phone: 01603 760760

Now this wouldn't surprise me as being a run out for the Development squad, having said that:

This fixture represents a repeat of first league match held at Carrow Road 80 years ago

THIS summer sees Carrow Road celebrate its 80th anniversary, with the turnstiles first opened for Norwich City's maiden competitive match at their new ground against West Ham United on Saturday, August 31, 1935.

To mark this milestone, the Canaries will welcome their opponents from that game back to Norfolk when the fellow Barclays Premier League side return for a pre-season friendly on Tuesday, July 28 (7:45pm).

City triumphed in the original fixture, winning a seven-goal thriller in the old Second Division 4-3 in front of a crowd of almost 30,000.

But I'd be very shocked if we didn't keep our best squad back for Thursday. But screw it, either way it's just a pre-season kick about. Good pubs in Norwich and a bloody great big Asda right by the ground. Let's all have a disco.

Also should anyone be interested, our Dev squad game away to Welling on Friday 31st of July has been postponed due to the Park Road pitch needing attention.
hammersi01

Re: Norwich City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by hammersi01 »

This game will completely disappear under the radar I feel.
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

I wouldn't be surprised to see 45 mins for a few, those who would be left out of the Astra XI that played in Malta for example.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Something like:

Randolph: JOB: Hendrie: Tomkins: Henry: Nolan (Cullen): Obiang (Oxford): Zarate: Amalfitano: Lee: Sakho
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

First game of the season for me, never been to Naaarch before so looking forward to it.
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

bubbles1966 wrote:Something like:

Randolph: JOB: Hendrie: Tomkins: Henry: Nolan (Cullen): Obiang (Oxford): Zarate: Amalfitano: Lee: Sakho
That kind of thing yeah.

Any news on the Hendrie and Obiang knocks ?
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

LETS f*** THESE c****
crispy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by crispy »

First away game for me this season after the two Europa league ties. Going with a Norwich friend so hope we spank them or the drive home is going to be relentless.
Would like to see a full strength team out as i think that Norwich will be up for this one and its our first real tester friendly.

Saying that i think we will put a mid strength team out with the likes of Valencia playing. Would like to see the following team:

Adrian
Jenkinson, Ogbonna, Henry(or oxford?), Hendrie
Amalfitano, Cullen, Obiang, Samuelsen (maybe not if he plays thursday?)
Lee, Valencia

What u guys think?
Will see some of you there !
:scarfer:
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

I will be there. Booked a two day trip to Norwich with work so have the hotel booked up. Hope we put a respectable squad out for this. First time at Norwch too, so another ground ticked off the list.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Maybe i am being a bit over the top but i find it quite concerning that our players haven't featured as much as you would expect in pre season, and for that matter actually played together as well. Hopefully the line-up tonight is a lot stronger as we have made loads of signings and need to gel this team together.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

The Gibbins wrote:Maybe i am being a bit over the top but i find it quite concerning that our players haven't featured as much as you would expect in pre season, and for that matter actually played together as well.
There's still plenty of time and games to get this done (in advance of the Arsenal game I mean).

Although five first teamers (or thereabouts) started the Charlton game it wasn't used as an opportunity to see how the first team gel as the rest of the side was made up of promising youngsters and definite reserves. That made perfect sense as there needs to be a balance between integrating the likes of Payet and Ogbonna into the set up (hence they played) whilst remembering we our biggest pre-Arsenal test coming up against Astra just five days after the game at the valley.

With Astra in mind I think we'll see a weaker side against Norwich than we had against Charlton and then the strongest side we've seen yet this pre-season on Thursday.
crispy

Post by crispy »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: With Astra in mind I think we'll see a weaker side against Norwich than we had against Charlton and then the strongest side we've seen yet this pre-season on Thursday.
With that in mind i still think we need to put the strongest line up out we can against Norwich whilst resting key players such as Sakho (EDIT - Sakho is banned for europa isnt he so might aswell play him), Cresswell, Kouyate and Reid.

The europa league submitted squad will be our only limitation on who we can rest, Any first team players that are not registered for the FC Astra game (Ogbonna, Obiang?, Jenkinson?) Should play. I personally think Noble needs to sort himself out sharpish as at this rate hes slowly slipping into the realms of Nolan & Jarvis's inability to affect a game. Only so long players will be able to live on "london lad" or "hes a local boy" especially if we are looking to sign the likes of Song.

Maybe im talking tosh but hey ho :phew:
Trilby
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Trilby »

For those who don't know this game is supposed to be on freeview channel Mustard TV for those who can get the channel.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Trilby wrote:For those who don't know this game is supposed to be on freeview channel Mustard TV for those who can get the channel.
:thup:

http://www.mustardtv.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RM14 Hammer

Post by RM14 Hammer »

Does anyone know if you can pay on the night for the away section, won't get to the ticket office before to pick a ticket up, and can't order on line now by the looks of it.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Hopefully we'll give Tomkins and Sakho a game seeing as they're suspended for Thursday. I reckon:

Spiegel

Pike, Tomkins, Burke, Hendrie/Knoyle

Cullen, Oxford, Nolan

Parfitt-Williams, Lee, Brown
crispy

Post by crispy »

Anyone know who has traveled up for this one?

Direct from the O/S
WHUFC

West Ham United

Slaven Bilic will travel to Norfolk with a strong squad on Tuesday as the Hammers continue to get game time into their legs ahead of the start of the Barclays Premier League campaign on 9 August.

Carl Jenkinson could be involved for the first time since arriving on a second loan deal from Arsenal, while new signings Dimitri Payet and Angelo Ogbonna could also make the trip.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015 ... CSRZ7uc.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Re mustard tv and where you can watch it on freeview.

If you live in the Norwich area and have Freeview TV you can view Mustard TV programming live tonight from 5:30pm. It is available to around 162,000 homes in the local area.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Decided it would be a GREAT idea to go out last night before catching a sleeper coach from Plymouth... currently on Wardour St feeling very sorry for myself and waiting to see a mate before I get a train to Norwich later. The match better be action packed or I'm gonna be falling asleep in my seat :oops:
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

It will royally f*** me off if we play a stronger squad in this match than the one on Thursday v Astra. I have a gutsy feeling we will, too.