ELQ3: Astra Giurgiu 2-1 West Ham Utd (06/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Re: FC Astra Giurgiu v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by ballantine »

I'm still not anywhere near ok with this, no matter how great it was beating Arsenal.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Heysel76 wrote:Just popped into my head, Didn't the mighty Manchester United, throw a whole cup competition (FA Cup), by refusing to take part, as they had too many other matches?
Eggs'n'nuts wrote:I think you're right. Wasn't it something to do with them being in The World club championships? I seem to remember it was with The FA's blessing. I also seem to remember, they went on to win the league that season, which rubbed salt into the wound!
I'm no great fan of the Mancs, but the amount of crap they get over that, which was in no way their fault is just unending. The FA insisted they take part in the World Club thing, and exempted them from the FA Cup in order to make more space in the calendar for them to compete. The FA were completely and totally to blame, it was nothing to do with the Mancs at all, who didn't even want to be in the competition.

Not to say they haven't done other crappy things, but on this one at least, they are pretty blameless
hammersi01

Post by hammersi01 »

ballantine wrote:I'm still not anywhere near ok with this, no matter how great it was beating Arsenal.
To quote Princess Elsa..."Let it go, let it go..."
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

I'm still not ok with AND now i got that ****ing song stuck in my head!!! :lol: