West Ham Utd 1-2 Leicester City (15/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Re: West ham United v Leicester City: Match Thread

Post by irving boleyn »

Same team as at The Emirates apart from Tomkins which was generally approved of
.Strange that the two most lauded players from last week Reid and Oxford are getting most of the blame

I guess the Defense,still a new combination, werent able to keep that high level of concentration for two successive weeks. Our goal wasnt under much threat apart from the goal incidents
Kubrickhammer

Post by Kubrickhammer »

Yeah but those two goal incidents were enough for them, they dropped back in the second half. I agree that up until their first goal we looked comfortable though.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

irving boleyn wrote:Same team as at The Emirates apart from Tomkins which was generally approved of
.Strange that the two most lauded players from last week Reid and Oxford are getting most of the blame

I guess the Defense,still a new combination, werent able to keep that high level of concentration for two successive weeks. Our goal wasnt under much threat apart from the goal incidents
I thought that every time they ran at us our defence opened up like me on gin. One from the second half that sticks in the mind is the Drinkwater chance, which he should have buried imo. We were all over the place and it was easy for them to pick and incisive pass.
BALAGE The Hungarian

Post by BALAGE The Hungarian »

Does anyone can hear what slaven says in the interviews.? It does not make any sense or he ust can't explain himself.
BALAGE The Hungarian

The only time i understood and was able to hear what he said when we won against Arsenal. Apart from that just turn the post match conference off bcause he does not speak in the mic and just mumbling so slowly.
xdoyley

Post by xdoyley »

Anyone got highlights? wanna re-watch the non-given penalty again :fsake:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

BALAGE The Hungarian wrote:The only time i understood and was able to hear what he said when we won against Arsenal. Apart from that just turn the post match conference off bcause he does not speak in the mic and just mumbling so slowly.
you need to work on your english mate. i can hear him fine.

sounds like a bloke who's actually thinking about what he's saying instead of just farting set phrases out of his mouth.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

BALAGE The Hungarian wrote:The only time i understood and was able to hear what he said when we won against Arsenal. Apart from that just turn the post match conference off bcause he does not speak in the mic and just mumbling so slowly.

Pretty rich. It usually takes me 10 minutes to piece together your broken English. Reel it in mate, the fishing is getting boring.
BALAGE The Hungarian

you need to work on your english mate. i can hear him fine.

sounds like a bloke who's actually thinking about what he's saying instead of just farting set phrases out of his mouth.[/quote]
I ment on the kumb website when he gives his post match interview. On tv is fine. I think my english a bit better then his. I always understood Allardyce.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

To be fair, all the transcribed quotes of Bilic that I've seen on KUMB, WHUFC and BBC Sport have all been in broken English with a few incorrect idioms.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

xdoyley wrote:Anyone got highlights? wanna re-watch the non-given penalty again :fsake:
Check your PMs
xdoyley

Post by xdoyley »

xdoyley wrote:Anyone got highlights? wanna re-watch the non-given penalty again
Crossd_Hammrs wrote:
Check your PMs
Appreciate it :thup:
BALAGE The Hungarian

Crossd_Hammrs wrote:To be fair, all the transcribed quotes of Bilic that I've seen on KUMB, WHUFC and BBC Sport have all been in broken English with a few incorrect idioms.
Thank you
BALAGE The Hungarian

Pretty rich. It usually takes me 10 minutes to piece together your broken English. Reel it in mate, the fishing is getting boring.[/quote]

I meant the volume is very low on ost match interview
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

At the game it looked a definite penalty on Sakho and watching the replays i am even more baffled by the referee. Absolutely shocking :lol:

It was a WWE clothesline!!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

The positive for me on Saturday was Pedro Obiang who slotted in nicely and made a lot of runs and sprayed the ball around. He was the only player who i felt had any urgency to get the ball moving.

Whilst i felt we we played badly, i was encouraged by Bilic in how he wanted us to play it just didn't come off for us. It will be harder at home to get the tactics spot on but i think its clear how he wants us to play. There was a moment when we played a long ball out from the back that was completely aimless and Bilic went absolutely nuts on the touchline :lol:
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

The Gibbins wrote:At the game it looked a definite penalty on Sakho and watching the replays i am even more baffled by the referee. Absolutely shocking, It was a WWE clothesline!!
Not defending the ref's decision for one minute, but look at the linesman and ref's positioning - ref was viewing play from behind and perhaps had vision impaired by Sahko himself and the defender and therefore couldnt see the keepers arm go up into Sahko.

When the keeper clothelines Sahko with his right arm, this is on the complete opposite side to the linesman and therefore again out of the linesmans full view.

Whilst very fkng annoying, it looks like neither the lino or ref had a 'clear view' of the impact at full speed and their impression was that Sahko deliberately bounced off the keeper thinking he had no chance of getting to the ball with the other defender there.

However, what the lino and ref maybe should have considered is that Sahko went over naturally after hitting another player, there was no theatrical dive or sudden twist of the body, etc etc.

Anyways, Bournemouth next :scarfer:
Last edited by WoodgateHammer on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Good to know the Boleyn is down the road from you mate!
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Good to know the Boleyn is down the road from you mate!
LOL mate, got a little bit beyond meself..thought it at their place....
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

BALAGE The Hungarian wrote: I meant the volume is very low on ost match interview
Actually I have noticed on the whutv conferences Bilic doesn't always speak into the mic as he leans and then when he sits straight the volume goes up. His English is fine though.