Liverpool 0-3 West Ham Utd (29/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Re: Liverpool v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by bubbles1966 »

Liverpool: Benteke £32m - Firmino £29m - Lallana £25m - Lovren £20m

i'm not sure many of them (if any) would be a nailed on starter here.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

bubbles1966 wrote:Liverpool: Benteke £32m - Firmino £29m - Lallana £25m - Lovren £20m

Too early to tell on Firmino.

Benteke would be.

Lovren and Lallana wouldn't.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

When you think of the players who used to play for them over the years though they look pretty poor .

Dalgleish , Barnes, Souness, Thompson, Heighway, Keegan, Beardsley , Rush, Owen, Fowler , Carragher, Hypia, even Phil "how much" Neale would walk into their current side .

I mean I can remember when they used to win trophies but only just, it's so long ago .

That's not to take anything away from our magnificent display of total football when we thrashed them at the weekend but if I was a poster on RAWK I wouldn't be happy .
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

bubbles1966 wrote:Liverpool: Benteke £32m - Firmino £29m - Lallana £25m - Lovren £20m

Take away their prices all of them bar Lovren would be first team or very much pushing,

Benteke no doubt. Lallana is a very good player. Firminho would be in the lanzini bracket.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Benteke would definitely start, but I see your point on the others.

They have had their pants well and truly taken down on the prices of the rest, especially Lovren.
TPP wrote:When you think of the players who used to play for them over the years though they look pretty poor .
Back when they ruled continental football, they were a canny collection of Jocks and Englishmen, who were united under the banner 'LFC'. I am beginning to wonder that, in relation to not just them, but other recent luminaries such as MUFC, the reality is that they are just another second tier club in the scheme of things, these days.

Players might get roused to battle hard for a coach (i.e. Mourinho), but those from South America, even other parts of Europe, don't really care too much about a club's history any more.
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

kaybee15 wrote:The whole team were superb, the support were superb. Hats off to each and every one of them, but a special mention for our 'new' captain, who was by far the MOTM for me. Let's hope sanity prevails and Nobes gets the red card overturned.

Great day. :scarfer:
RIP Brother, fitting that this was your last post.

X