West Ham Utd 2-0 Newcastle Utd (14/09/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd: Match Thread

Post by Hayden »

What were we chanting before Carroll came on last night? Couldn't make it to the game and the stream was woeful...

Andy Carroll, your (something) is ****?

(Old club?)
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Did anybody else get the vibe that Cresswell is significantly looser in defence than he was last season? I feel he is getting turned far too often, and his man is beating him on a more regular basis than before. He was shocking against Leicester and Bournemouth, and I didn't think he performance last night was incredible.

Don't get me wrong, but I have not been over the moon about how the season has started for him, and id be more concerned that we are seeing the initial signs of "second season syndrome" as opposed to an upwards and onwards from our player of the year last year?
Nick Sneddon
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Nick Sneddon »

Hayden wrote:What were we chanting before Carroll came on last night? Couldn't make it to the game and the stream was woeful...

(Old club?)
Andy Carroll – he left cause you’re ****
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Hayden wrote:What were we chanting before Carroll came on last night? Couldn't make it to the game and the stream was woeful...

(Old club?)
He left cause you're ****.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Thanks - should have guessed really!!

My streams were atrocious last night; I assume they're cracking down on it again. Can't a man watch illegally streamed football in peace?
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

You could tell Carroll was loving it.

Payet's second goal was the least West Ham goal I've ever seen. :scarfer:
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by woodywoody »

[quote="Het-Field"]Did anybody else get the vibe that Cresswell is significantly looser in defence than he was last season? I feel he is getting turned far too often, and his man is beating him on a more regular basis than before. He was shocking against Leicester and Bournemouth, and I didn't think he performance last night was incredible.

Don't get me wrong, but I have not been over the moon about how the season has started for him, and id be more concerned that we are seeing the initial signs of "second season syndrome" as opposed to an upwards and onwards from our player of the year last year?

I thought yesterday he was closed down super quick by Cisse giving him no time to play the ball and some players didn't give much thought to it when passing back to him. He also didn't get his overlaps timed with Mosses which will come with time.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

My major concern over Cresswell from last night was that every time he faced up to Janmaat, Janmaat turned inside, every single time, and every time Cresswell was left standing flat footed showing him outside
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Quite a few have mentioned the **** pundits on sky, and the usual biased crap they come out with, watched the game live in spain on canal+, and what a change, straight down the line commentary, quick to praise both teams when they did well and to point out efficiencies when they occurred, Payet MOM, what a breath of fresh air, Sky w*nkers, watch and learn
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Gotta give a huge hats off to their long suffering support last night. Considering where in the UK Newcastle is situated, filling out their end on a Monday evening was a huge credit to them and their club. It is no fun supporting a team like that as we all know; they are extremely passionate about their team and I have no problem with their supporters, but If I supported them, I would be more than a bit concerned about their prospects for the season
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Agreed. Especially as it was on the Telly as well.

Their side is a mess. Like I pointed out prior to the game, there's not one department I'd want to swap with theirs on the pitch. Their Strikers are the best thing going for them and that's saying something about the rest of their squad.

I'd be doing my pieces if I was a Geordie fan with what they currently have to out up with, that goes for a hapless Manager too.

Only players of theirs I'd be interested in putting in our squad would be Sissoko, De Jong (when fit!), Perez, Krul, Aarons, Janmaat and possibly Wijnaldum and some of that is at a push. The rest they can happily keep!
Last edited by Colours never run on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1all

Post by 1all »

Agreed Newcastle fans showed good support again last night.

Probably be mentioned but thought cottee tried to belittle frank last night but thought McAvennie came across well considering and showed good humour.

A few things I learnt .. Payet superb., good solid performance with Moses looking good also.

And I really don't like peparamis anymore.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Kludgehammer wrote:My major concern over Cresswell from last night was that every time he faced up to Janmaat, Janmaat turned inside, every single time, and every time Cresswell was left standing flat footed showing him outside
Was also a weakness last season. He's one footed to the extreme.
Tsinclair

Post by Tsinclair »

Kludgehammer wrote:My major concern over Cresswell from last night was that every time he faced up to Janmaat, Janmaat turned inside, every single time, and every time Cresswell was left standing flat footed showing him outside
Or.. That was the plan all along to show a right footed right back onto his left foot.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Thought the same last night, Sinclair.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

rciron wrote:Quite a few have mentioned the **** pundits on sky, and the usual biased crap they come out with, watched the game live in spain on canal+, and what a change, straight down the line commentary, quick to praise both teams when they did well and to point out efficiencies when they occurred, Payet MOM, what a breath of fresh air, Sky w*nkers, watch and learn
We normally get 4-5 different satellite feeds out here - Canal+ is great, Sky is complete ****, can't believe I'm saying this but the most informed analysis I've heard during the last year is from NBC. Breath of fresh air compared to Sky. I learn more listening to the Cantonese commentary than I do with Sky.

Actually, Sky does one thing really well - ad nauseum repetition of meaningless cliches
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Been saying NBC have been the best for the last few years. Watching the pundits on ITV, BBC and Sky would be a serious chore after a refreshing feel to the NBC Sports team. Arlo White is also a top commentator.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

tsinclair wrote:Or.. That was the plan all along to show a right footed right back onto his left foot.
If that was the plan, it should have been changed after the first time Janmaat turned inside and ran past Cresswell straight into the corner of our box with the ball. He did it 3 or 4 times, and each time caused problems for the defence
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Just realised that Newcastle only had 2 English players in their 18-man squad and one of them was their unheard-of reserve keeper.
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

The amount if Pepperami's I was given on the way in covered my season ticket and the 25% for next year's :D