Manchester City 1-2 West Ham Utd (19/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rtwhufc83

Re: Manchester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by rtwhufc83 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

I don't post much, but come on does it really matter what we did or didn't do under Sam and what if any influence he had on the current results, we have just completed a hat trick of notable away wins, that's all that counts ........ and in the West Ham way interspersed them with a couple of disappointing home losses.

:scarfer:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Right, iv been a little distracted this weekend.

Ireland in the Rugby, Dublin in the GAA, and West Ham beating City up in Manchester.

Will somebody please confirm to me that we have travelled to Arsenal, City, and Liverpool, and returned with 9 points, and scored 7 goals, conceding only 1?
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Kubrickhammer

Post by Kubrickhammer »

Late to the party, but can I just say how wonderful I'm feeling about West Ham right now. These results bode well for the cup in my opinion.
rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 »

Sams team play City

Adrian

Joey. Collins. Reid. Creswell

Noble. Tomkins. Nolan (C)

Sakho. Downing

(New summer signing) Zigic
TSmitty
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TSmitty »

I wanted the FF out of here as much maybe more than anyone and we should forget him like a bad dream.
No way is he responsible at all for anything we do now, and I can't believe anyone thinks it.
Even if he had all the players we have now it would be a waste, he wouldn't want / know how to use them.
We'd still be whacking it upfield to AC or some other lonely soul and Nolan would still be in there all game, every game. Nobody would come here or stay to be treated like that. Zarate is not as good as sliced bread but he's better than the treatment he got, Nene was a talent and got mugged off with 10 mins a game for a few games. When we were rolling like an express train early last, as soon as Nobby & AC were fit we were back to square one. He's like a petulant child who keeps banging his head against the same wall to see if it still hurts the same, all game every game. If he's have been in charge at the Mancs we'd have had 10 in our half and Sacko running around getting the s88t kicked out of him on his tod up front. The Daves knew it, the players knew it, everyone knew it so why even try and the didn't.

I was happy with SS but anyone would have been better than that FF. He really has stood up to be counted though and even if it goes pear shaped in the end I'll be forever grateful for giving me some footie back and a smile every game, win or lose. But it won't, we'll be great this season and give anyone a game and they'll know they had one.
If you could get a bet on easily here I'd put some up that we beat the Red Scum and Chel$ki next games up. I could easily see us screwing up against Sunderland just as well but I won't care.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

A Liverpool fan where I work who always is so smug and never gives us any kind of credit just said to me this morning "I see West Ham dropped to third yesterday" FFS :D
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote: Did you get on that 25/1 skybet sakho/west ham offer?
Romford wrote: :D
I put £10 on us to win 2-1 at 40/1 and £20 on us to win and Sakho anytime at 25/1.....

Wheeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

Been away for the weekend so late to the thread, but what a result, I still cant believe it this morning! The lads were up for it from the get go and put everything on the line. Reid was defo MOTM he was outstanding.

I cant keep the grin of my face!! :D
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Great picture, that is me bottom right with the shirt off... :scarfer:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Great result for you folk well done to a great club and a great manager, hope you achieve a top 4 finish, I think we need to replace Navas and be more ruthless to beat the defensive lines a lot of teams out up at our place !

Carlos

City Fan
Kendal Iron
Has liked: 47 likes

Post by Kendal Iron »

Nicely put, Carlos!

I think you boys missed Silva in a big way & as for Navas, er, perhaps save him for away games when he might have a bit more space to run in to
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

the pink palermo wrote:Thought not .

Posters sniping from the side lines .Very constructive .
Blimey, don't even know where to start with this.

If we're going to pretend that wasn't a little jab at Antonio - I think I know what it was, you know what it was, everyone knows what it was - then we'll just have to say I got it wrong and that you aren't included in the small group of people who've commented since fulltime on Saturday that he looked a bit meh.

Or we can say that forming any kind of opinion at all of a PL debutant playing 20 minutes under the biggest onslaught the club has faced since around the time the Emirates opened is ludicrous, which would mean we're both in agreement anyway and we don't need to waste any more oxygen discussing it. Either's good.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

The faces and late arrivals as Moses does his thing
http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... st-Ham.jpg

Picture too big :lol:
Last edited by Paddy O'Hammer on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
woodford
Has liked: 421 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

haha great picture there Paddy.

Look like they're in a doctors waiting room :D
AndyWHUFC39

Post by AndyWHUFC39 »

Cant remember a thing from Saturday i was so battered, wouldn't have it any other way!! Roll on Tomorrow night the last minute tickets are doing me great !!
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

I thought Antonio was overawed by the occasion on Saturday - as most would be. Yet, towards the end there was a moment when he received the ball 30 years out from our goal then turned Otamendi before sprinting away on a dangerous counter. The only way to stop the move was to bring him down and Otamendi duly did that. I think that moment showed what he'd bring to the side - more pace and power on the counter. Let the lad settle first then see if the potential is fulfilled. He is compelling story. I hope he succeeds here.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Ding wrote:I thought Antonio was overawed by the occasion on Saturday - as most would be. Yet, towards the end there was a moment when he received the ball 30 years out from our goal then turned Otamendi before sprinting away on a dangerous counter. The only way to stop the move was to bring him down and Otamendi duly did that. I think that moment showed what he'd bring to the side - more pace and power on the counter. Let the lad settle first then see if the potential is fulfilled. He is compelling story. I hope he succeeds here.
:thup: We all want another Cresswell!!
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Did anybody like the part where Bilic likened Sakho to Mandzukic. Clearly we're going to have both of them here next year now!