Crystal Palace 1-3 West Ham Utd (17/10/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Crystal Palace 1-3 West Ham Utd (17/10/15)

Post by prophet:marginal »

Still 9 days left to go before this match. :|

I cannot stand these international weekends, but seeing as we're having to do one, how many of our players are in action over the weekend? I actually cannot think of a single player who might be donning an international jersey over the weekend.

This should therefore allow Slaven free rein in team selection for the game at Selhurst.

The opposition attack well down their flanks, in a set up similar to ours. I'd say that the combination of Soares and Bolasie is marginally stronger than the pairing of Zaha and Kelly, principally because Kelly is less prone to overlap in the other team's half. Zaha is tricky with the ball at his feet but occasionally fluffs a final ball. Bolasie is much more powerful in his running. If Wickham isn't fit, they will choose from either Gayle, Campbell or possibly Chamakh for the focal point forward, although the latter is very much on the sidelines.

Its a two of McArthur and Cabaye in the middle.

Their defence is no-nonsense, as opposed to spectacular. They have been rotating between Hennessy (a Pulis signing) and the keeper Pardew bought from QPR, when they went down, who is pressing for inclusion as third choice in England's summer squad in the Euro's.

It will be a tight game, with two Frenchmen pivotal in creative roles, one per side.

Am taking Proph junior, who will be able to see fellow schoolgoer and even his teachers in the home stand near the away. Sadly not likely to be as sunny as last season!

Irons.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: Palace Away

Post by sanchoz »

Kouyaté and Sakho could potentially play for the Senegal national side

sanchoz wrote:Kouyaté and Sakho could potentially play for the Senegal national side
Cheers. Are they doing AfCup qualifiers?

If so, maybe Moses will feature for Nigeria?
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Moses is not in the Nigerian squad .
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Ginge is in the Welsh squad

An outrageous omission by me! Of course he is!
De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by De Niro »

prophet:marginal wrote:
Cheers. Are they doing AfCup qualifiers
Friendlies only I believe, the last of which is on Tuesday.

Senegal do have an African Nations Championship match on Thursday but that is limited to domestic players only.
3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 3Dicks »

I really hate international football interrupting the season like this, perhaps we can make use of the time in training sessions to try and iron out some kinks in our armour.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

International matches should be midweek on Wednesdays, like they were in the past.
If the players cant get back on time or are jet lagged. Tough ****.
All this disruption of domestic leagues is nonsense in my book.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

61dicksey wrote:Moses is not in the Nigerian squad .
I did see an article somewhere where Moses stated he wasn't fully fit so opted out. Might explain why he wasn't 100% in our last game.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Anyone have a better option than the Wetherspoons in the high st? Me and my boy have done that the last 3 times and fancy trying another route / boozer to liven it up a bit.

I'm not waiting till 17th, anyone fancy coming out for a few cans and a kick about in their High St this Saturday? :scarfer:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I saw one of our world cup winners in Shenfield High st last night .

It's great having 8 players on international duty , I just wish more of them were with England .

I don't mind the international breaks - they are well advertised in advance so supporters can plan their lives around them , it's the movement for the telly that grinds my gears .

As for Palace away, I detect an 8 goal classic coming up .Pardew has put together a decent squad and has his troops playing for him, as he usually does in his first year or so with a club .

Horrible place to get to mind you .
Mexico29

Post by Mexico29 »

Think our midfield will be having to help out Jenkinson and Cresswell a hell of a lot in this game!
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

I know this is not the match thread but I just had a premonition of 3-3. Just needed to put it out there. Now I am gona see what the odds on that are...
OllyWHU6
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by OllyWHU6 »

As for Kelly and Zaha, i agree with your statement about it being marginally weaker as that pairing. However talking to a couple of my anorak wearing mates it sounds like they're hoping to have Ward back for this game which will make a big difference as he is far stronger than Kelly. If it is Kelly playing i think Moses will have a lot of freedom to attack him.

As has been mentioned both very counter-attacking pacey teams so it will be interesting to see how the game goes. They're seemingly stronger in defence than we are, but we are seemingly a more goal scoring team so it could go any which way. Hopefully we keep up this undefeated streak and an exciting 3-3 would not be a bad result at all. If we can this away it would almost be more impressive than some of the other results as it's a team bang in-form with a similar play style to our own.

COYI :scarfer:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The Voices have already spoken to me ........and very kindly told me the names of the goal scorers .

Crystal Palace 0 West Ham United 7 [ Sakho 4 , Moses , Kouyate , Jelavic ]
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:The Voices have already spoken to me ........and very kindly told me the names of the goal scorers .

Crystal Palace 0 West Ham United 7 [ Sakho 4 , Moses , Kouyate , Jelavic ]
I think you will probably getter better odds than me!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Funny you say that Pinky, I'm the opposite, where both of us sit back waiting for the other to attack, and then counter. Think this could be a very tight game with very little goals.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Funny you say that Pinky, I'm the opposite, where both of us sit back waiting for the other to attack, and then counter. Think this could be a very tight game with very little goals.
I watched Palace v West Brom on the telly last Saturday , boy it was tedious and the way we have been set up for our away games would say that you're right - but The Voices have told me we're going to win 0-7 and I believe them . :)