West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (24/10/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by Whufc06 »

I didn't like the way our players were trying to get Matic his 2nd yellow to be honest, our fans were doing that, they should've left it to them.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote:
Cheers.
I expect both clubs to get a fine this week for not controlling their players.

While Chelsea maybe "losing the plot" briefly, unfortunately they are still in the game.

Keep working your socks of, West Ham!
Well called matey (from page 23)
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Whufc06 wrote:I didn't like the way our players were trying to get Matic his 2nd yellow to be honest, our fans were doing that, they should've left it to them.
chelsea have been doing that for over a decade, it's not something you want to see but sportsmanship is lost in football.
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Iron Mark wrote:Southampton, Liverpool and Chelsea this calendar year. Twice this season - last time receiving a big fine and a warning. Anyone care to take a guess at what punishment we are looking at?
I may be wrong but I think the fa brought in a rule about having no more than two players talking to the referee at one time.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

GaryP wrote: Just looked at it, Jenks ran the length of the pitch to shout at the ref and we had Tomkins, Noble and Cresswell and Kouyate leg it over. I think the FA have a point :(

Jenks and Tomkins biggest culprits.
I did post a comment in the heat of the moment that we surrounded the ref Chelski style but decided to edit it out as the camera cut away.
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

Whufc06 wrote:I didn't like the way our players were trying to get Matic his 2nd yellow to be honest, our fans were doing that, they should've left it to them.
I'll be honest, I really liked it - it shows that we've stopped being the pushovers that we've always been. It was a clear yellow card and we helped the referee realise :thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Agree with that, was unnecessary.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

If you look at the replay the linesman was flagging immediately the foul happened so neither the crowd nor players influenced anything IMO.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

It might have been when the bloke with the 'hair bear bunch' hairstyle, lamped the ball at andy carroll while he was poleaxed on the deck

Our players definately swarmed on the ref then, as well as whemour JT got a verbal off of their prick with the same initials during the matic red
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Bilic will gladly pay that fine out of his own pocket. Sometimes you've gotta play the c**** at their own game. There won't be any complaints from within West Ham directed at our players for doing what they did.

I've seen us on the wrong side of that kind of thing too often. They were right to have a word, especially after he let the first one slide.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Row X wrote:
Were you in the Stables bar after the game, when we were all sining "We've got Payet..."

If you were wearing a red\white checked shirt you were defo doing some weird but wonderful moves, I have a video of it.

We even had the bar maids dancing, it was brilliant in there after the game:
I'll be in that video but I think it was Wanstead in the red check shirt :scarfer:
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Should double the fine on those c***s if it comes to 'failing to control players'... when Azpe-wotsisname tried to get Zarate sent for an 'elbow'... Begovic came running out 40 yards plus the inevitable cartel based around Terry.

A totally classless club top to bottom, including the support. Hence why I'm still grinning today. :D
bullyhammer

Post by bullyhammer »

Agreed, thought that at the time. Don't want to see our players trying to get cards for the other side. Especially when it's not a violent offence.
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

I do not believe the referee was going to red card him off his own back.

When this became apparent I almost lost the plot.

I am glad the players, and fans put the pressure on them...... it goes to show we aren't going to accept being shat on anymore and maybe we have a different mentality now where by everything is worth fighting for.

The Chelsea **** deserved to go and they deserved a taste of their own medicine, John Terry et all would have been all over them if it was one of ours.
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Charming

Post by rsnwhu »

Out for a quiet meal and some Chelscum fan..anyway....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... -them.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

morganwhu wrote:I do not believe the referee was going to red card him off his own back.

When this became apparent I almost lost the plot.

I am glad the players, and fans put the pressure on them...... it goes to show we aren't going to accept being shat on anymore and maybe we have a different mentality now where by everything is worth fighting for.

The Chelsea **** deserved to go and they deserved a taste of their own medicine, John Terry et all would have been all over them if it was one of ours.
I know what you're saying, it was a clear 2nd yellow and I'd have been pissed off had it not been given but as I hate it when "Terry et al" do it I'm not gonna become all hypocritical and love it when ours do. Same with Tomkins ****ing injury last season.
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Just watched the game again and realised how immense Tonks was. He absolutely bullied Costa, left him in a heap every time he went up for headers in the 2nd half. What a player he's turning out to be!!!
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

Just read Garth Crooks team of the week piece on BBC. What another tool stealing a living as a pundit. Bigging Chelsea up still and missing the fact that James Tomkins has been a regular in the team for much of the season. Prick.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

SiamHammer wrote:Just watched the game again and realised how immense Tonks was. He absolutely bullied Costa, left him in a heap every time he went up for headers in the 2nd half. What a player he's turning out to be!!!
Thats one way of looking at it, the other way could be Tomkins had him in his pocket so Costa hit the floor everytime Tomkins went near him.The ref was having none of it.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

SiamHammer wrote:Just watched the game again and realised how immense Tonks was. He absolutely bullied Costa, left him in a heap every time he went up for headers in the 2nd half. What a player he's turning out to be!!!
I must say I'm very impressed with how he is responding to increased pressure for his place. He doesn't have the innate athleticism that Reid can rely on but is consistently raising his game in a way that last season he didn't as a guaranteed starter.

Really shows what competition can do.