Watford 2-0 West Ham Utd (31/10/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Watford 2-0 West Ham Utd (31/10/15)

Post by -DL- »

Barclays Premier League Saturday, 31st October

KO: 15:00

DL Prediction: This has all the hallmarks of a potential banana-skin. We need to score early and keep at them hunting down the 2nd goal.

We should beat them, and I will go for a routine 2-0, but I wouldn't be surprise if it was a draw.

COYI!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Watford v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Under 2.5 goals
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Under 2.5 goals
Not sure about that. There'll definitely be less than 3 though.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

My first trip here. Looking forward to it immensely.
AndyCarrollsBarber

Post by AndyCarrollsBarber »

Enner to seek and destroy. 3-0 to the mighty Hammers. Hopefully Antonio gets some decent game time too.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Unusual feeling that we are not the underdogs in some games anymore.

This is a big test of whether we can be ruthless like a top 6 side.

Will we keep playing at the new level we have reached or will we get dragged down to Watford's
level (with respect to them of course).

This is a great test of our teams mettle to last the pace, don't think Bilic will let our boys get carried away with themselves and hopefully we have learned from the Norwich, Sunderland, Bournemouth and Leicester games.

These are the games you must win if you are going to finish in the top 6, so here's hoping COYI :scarfer:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm going for 5-2 to us.
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

1-3, another 3 lovely points.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Harder game than Chelsea in some ways, Watford are a team that are just enjoying themselves and playing without any fear. That of course applies to us but we are the favourites and we haven't won many games so far this years where that's the case. Saturday is a big test.
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

Think we should 'ave at them, introduce ogbonna, Valencia, Song, and Antonio, still a strong team but gives the hardest grafters like Sakho, Lanzini, Kouyate, Noble a bit of a break. Hence, I'd go for:

Adrian
Jenks Ogbonna Collins (c) Creswell (no sense rushing Reid back)
Song Obiang
Antonio Payet Moses
Valencia

Subs: Randolph, Collins, Obiang, Sakho, Zarate, Lanzini, Kouyate

Still a team I'd have bitten your hand off for a few years ago, but rests some key players for a tougher game vs Everton next week. Imo strongest CB pairing is tonka/Reid . I'm also open to th idea of shifting Valencia back behind the striker, in payets place, then Zarate/Andy up top to rest Dimitri. Thoughts, ladies and gents?
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

I'd like to see us keep a clean sheet in this one 0-1
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

AndyCarrollsBarber wrote:..................

Hopefully Antonio gets some decent game time too.

He's not even on the bench in tonight's development squad game. Being saved for Saturday?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I'm going for 5-2 to us.
They don't concede many goals mate and I know loads on here don't rate him, cannot understand for the life of me why, but I think Gomes is an excellent GK and cannot see him letting in 5. Thankfully, they don't score many either, so I think 1-0 Hammers
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

We only have the league to worry about and have another international break coming up, why on earth would we rest players with the run we are on??
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

2Dimensional wrote:Think we should 'ave at them, introduce ogbonna, Valencia, Song, and Antonio, still a strong team but gives the hardest grafters like Sakho, Lanzini, Kouyate, Noble a bit of a break. Hence, I'd go for:

Adrian
Jenks Ogbonna Collins (c) Creswell (no sense rushing Reid back)
Song Obiang
Antonio Payet Moses
Valencia

Subs: Randolph, Collins, Obiang, Sakho, Zarate, Lanzini, Kouyate

Still a team I'd have bitten your hand off for a few years ago, but rests some key players for a tougher game vs Everton next week. Imo strongest CB pairing is tonka/Reid . I'm also open to th idea of shifting Valencia back behind the striker, in payets place, then Zarate/Andy up top to rest Dimitri. Thoughts, ladies and gents?
I like the idea of the squad being used to full effect but do they need a rest? after the everton game they have a 2 week break (unless they go on international duty)

if we were going to rest id like to see

--------------Adrian

Jenks tomkins Obgonna Cresswell

---------Obiang-- Noble

Antonio-------Zarate---Moses

--------------Carroll
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

despite his goal I thought Zarate was pretty quiet against Chelsea. Moses as his replacement would be the only change for me.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Whufc06 wrote:We only have the league to worry about and have another international break coming up, why on earth would we rest players with the run we are on??
Yep

Id go full strength, Carroll, Song Valencia et all will have to take their chance if/when they get it until then it's full Monty every match :thup:
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

Whufc06 wrote:We only have the league to worry about and have another international break coming up, why on earth would we rest players with the run we are on??
Ah, sorry, did not realise we had the break! I just don't want to work the hardest grafters into the ground when we don't have to. I'd still maintain that the same team is very strong and actually eases some excellent players back into action while still keeping a very proficient squad. I'd hate to see successes like Sakho, Payet, Lanzini, Kouyate worked into the ground and picking up little injuries that could turn into big ones. Maybe overreacting at this stage but something to consider for the future :thup:
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by Jennings »

Watford have just scored the one goal at home this season.

We've scored twelve so far on our travels.

Clearly a home banker, even with their ten men.
ironfireman

Post by ironfireman »

Im stationed at Watford, and have been for some time! I am surrounded by watford fans including my Watch Manager who works at Vicarage road as a fire steward on match days. Whenever we are on shift and Watford play at home, he lets us take a pump down there and we leave one on the truck (usually the one lad on the watch who likes rugby) on radio watch whilst the rest of us go into the ground and watch the game.

I know alot about this Watford team and can catergorically say that anyone thinking this fixture is going to be a formality needs to think again. Watford have massively gone under the radar so far this season, with many of the pundits still suggesting they are relegation candidates. But this is a team we need to respect! Since the italians taking over a few years back, watford are a completely different prospect to the Watford we all knew.

Although only scoring his first prem goal on saturday, Troy Deeney is a real threat, powerful in the air and has a good eye for goal, he will bully his way through defences and with ingalo whatever his name is, is in a real purple patch of form and is also a constant threat. As for the rest of the team we are far superior quality wise but make no mistakes this is a well drilled team that typify the old fashioned italian style! Very hard to break down and dangerous on the break.

This team have only lost to citeh away, arsenal at home (a game they bossed arsenal in the 1st half and should of gone in at HT 2 up) and to palace which was decided by a late penalty. Not one game this season have they looked poor and they will finish mid table imo.

Losing is unthinkable for me as i will cop it bigtime at work, but super slav needs to treat them with the same respect we showed at the emirates, etihad and anfield. We definately are the better team and are more than capable of winning, i reckon we need to score early and try and get a two goal cushion. They have been struggling to score so far, but i think we score 2 and we get all 3 points! Honestly dont think one will be enough! Should be a cracking game and i predict 2-1 to the hammers, but we will be made to work hard for it and need to take our A game!