West Ham Utd 1-1 West Bromwich Albion (29/11/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham United Vs West Bromwich Albion

Post by Iron George »

swash wrote:Surprised Moses is getting an easy ride on here, for me he was the least effective player in claret and blue yesterday, being up against cumbersome centre backs being played at full back should have been a golden opportunity, but for me he achieved the sum total of nothing.

On current form him and Jenkinson have zero chance of getting in their parent teams starting XI's

Way back on page 33 I described Moses's performance as 'utter gash'.

He should have been all over Evans ( who King Carlton was making a fool of 5 years ago) but didn't look like he fancied it.

I was really surprised that Slaven didn't replace Moses with Antonio around the hour mark, Antonio could not have contributed any less.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Really not a big fan of Moses. He impresses at times when he picks the ball up from deep and charges forward, but those moments are few and far between. The rest of the time he's ambling about without much of a purpose or protection to our midfield and defence. We seem to be carrying him as everyone else make more of an impact. Unless he quickly learns to get more involved in games like the others do, then he should be dropped. He's had it all his own way so far and hasn't rewarded the manager with his faith in continually playing him when he's not producing the goods.

I don't dislike him, I just think it's his turn to be used as an impact sub and give someone else a go. I would have dropped him a while ago.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

It's easier to pick out the players who are making mistakes which in turn makes them memorable than those who do nothing at all and go under the radar. Most probably why Moses might be seen to be getting an easy ride, people forgot he was on the pitch. Apart from that sitter at the end of course!
westhamtim

Post by westhamtim »

I've not read the entire thread but has anybody picked up on Fletcher's handball immediately before their goal? He takes Ogbonna's (?) clearance down with his left arm and the ball runs to Lambert. I thought this at the time but having watched it on MOTD it definitely came off his arm.